• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

60 hours of play and have beaten the game but still haven't seen a single cactaur...
I saw one last night, just walking around the Hammerhead area. They definitely exist.

It's not really because of immersion or anything, I just enjoy the gameplay loop of exploring, fighting, planning my trips and quests around the best route to take, taking in the scenery during long drives, riding the chocobos, camping at night... The roadtrip is the main draw for me, I would never take that away from myself with fast travel.

At least so far, maybe my mind will change by the time I have the airship, we'll see.

With the current loading times, though, I find it unlikely. If it's gonna take forever anyway, I'd rather take a bit longer but have fun doing it.
I'm still really early in the game, but paying for gas blows (the car gets, like--what--1 mpg? Worse, maybe?). I'm kind of using a hybrid travel method, where I just park the car somewhere I know I'll go back to and then proceed on foot. And then I'll fast travel to the car sometimes.

It's not really because of immersion or anything, I just enjoy the gameplay loop of exploring, fighting, planning my trips and quests around the best route to take, taking in the scenery during long drives, riding the chocobos, camping at night... The roadtrip is the main draw for me, I would never take that away from myself with fast travel.

At least so far, maybe my mind will change by the time I have the airship, we'll see.

With the current loading times, though, I find it unlikely. If it's gonna take forever anyway, I'd rather take a bit longer but have fun doing it.

Same here, I'd rather be whizzing past looking at the scenery (or soaring high watching the world below, sometimes) than staring at a loading screen.

I'm actually thinking about ditching my high level highlights, as I kinda miss encountering daemons during my night drives.

60 hours of play and have beaten the game but still haven't seen a single cactaur...
In thirty hours I've seen three and beaten two, you must be really unlucky!

I decided to take a night off from the game and let that big 9GB update download, I only realised today I have been playing without it, hopefully it fixes some of the bugs and crashes.

I just watched Brotherhood, it really is a great supplement to the game, it is exactly like the game when it comes to the four guys interacting, I loved it. I'll check out Kingsglaive before I finish the story, too.

I'm onto Chapter six, everyone is level 43, just over 30 hours playtime. Probably gonna do some side questing before I go to Caem though, I heard there are secret dungeons to be found.

This game gives me great hope for the future of FF :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The seeming necessity to wait out the night to pass before doing general adventuring for my currently low-leveled party drags the game for me -___- Usually I just played around with my phone waiting for the in-game timer to move forward, but damn it I want to play not just linger around doing nothing -_____-

Can't wait for my party to leveled up high enough to handle the various high-level enemies roaming around in the night, though it will take a long while still -__________-

The seeming necessity to wait out the night to pass before doing general adventuring for my currently low-leveled party drags the game for me -___- Usually I just played around with my phone waiting for the in-game timer to move forward, but damn it I want to play not just linger around doing nothing -_____-

Can't wait for my party to leveled up high enough to handle the various high-level enemies roaming around in the night, though it will take a long while still -__________-
You can generally sprint past the demons. It only sucks when something you want to pick up is in their aggression zone.

You can also camp, and it'll be day again.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You can generally sprint past the demons. It only sucks when something you want to pick up is in their aggression zone.

You can also camp, and it'll be day again.

I honestly thought that they could only appear at roads, lol. Last night though, exactly right after I finished the four flan lvl. 15 hunt, an Iron Giant suddenly appeared out of nowhere, I bolted out of there so fast despite Noctis' defiant we-can-do-this! yell, lol.

Can they appear during you doing sidequesting like hunts? If they can.. mannnn.....

As for the camps, I generally avoided doing that as much as I can in order to get that sweet Hotel exp bonus.

Gbraga

I saw one last night, just walking around the Hammerhead area. They definitely exist.

I'm still really early in the game, but paying for gas blows (the car gets, like--what--1 mpg? Worse, maybe?). I'm kind of using a hybrid travel method, where I just park the car somewhere I know I'll go back to and then proceed on foot. And then I'll fast travel to the car sometimes.

Do the Cidney side quest when it unlocks for you. The first gas upgrade is REALLY significant. I'll have to force myself to run out of gas just to see what happens, haha.

But gas is 10 gil, wtf, you cheap bastard!

Same here, I'd rather be whizzing past looking at the scenery (or soaring high watching the world below, sometimes) than staring at a loading screen.

I'm actually thinking about ditching my high level highlights, as I kinda miss encountering daemons during my night drives.

Well, I imagine there's no upgrade that stops you from getting the occasional random encounter with Magitek troops that force you out of the car, right? That would be enough, for me.

I honestly thought that they could only appear at roads, lol. Last night though, exactly right after I finished the four flan lvl. 15 hunt, an Iron Giant suddenly appeared out of nowhere, I bolted out of there so fast despite Noctis' defiant we-can-do-this! yell, lol.

Can they appear during you doing sidequesting like hunts? If they can.. mannnn.....

As for the camps, I generally avoided doing that as much as I can in order to get that sweet Hotel exp bonus.

You're missing on some really cool stuff. There are some events tied to certain camping spots that are really nice and further explore their relationship.

You'll get overleveled in this game without even trying, it's really not worth it having to wait for mornings and not experience camping (as well as level up Ignis' cooking) in order to get an exp bonus when the game isn't very hard.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
You're missing on some really cool stuff. There are some events tied to certain camping spots that are really nice and further explore their relationship.

You'll get overleveled in this game without even trying, it's really not worth it having to wait for mornings and not experience camping (as well as level up Ignis' cooking) in order to get an exp bonus when the game isn't very hard.

Hmmm well since I planned to 100% this game I thought it would be more beneficial for me to level up as soon as possible and just do Ignis' cooking once my party is strong enough to stroll around the world with no worries.

Hmmm maybe you're right, maybe I shouldn't be worrying about the exp bonus in Hotels and go for the camps instead...

Do the Cidney side quest when it unlocks for you. The first gas upgrade is REALLY significant. I'll have to force myself to run out of gas just to see what happens, haha.

But gas is 10 gil, wtf, you cheap bastard!
It's not so much the price (although I am broke at the moment) but rather that I have to always drive back to a gas station. But at least Cindy will wash the car for you if you gas up at Hammerhead.

I haven't run out of gas yet, but I'd imagine they would just tow it back to Hammerhead and charge you 100 gil.

They sure can! I was doing that exact same hunt, and an Iron Giant also decided to join the fight. I was lucky and killed him, too, but it made things a lot harder.

Camping also helps you increase Ignis' cooking skill, and the food boosts are really helpful. Crispy Cheese Pizza (which I think is a preorder DLC item) is really good in chapter 1, since it uses no ingredients.

Gorillaz

Yo im dying at chapter 10 with aryden or whatever his name is

"yo dude, chill out your making a scene" during the train thing

I don't know what would better, if that was a straight translation or if they took some liberties on the dialogue with this section and the character for the english dub.

I don't know what would better, if that was a straight translation or if they took some liberties on the dialogue with this section and the character for the english dub.

As a general rule, none of it is 'straight translation', playing Japanese dub and English sub is pretty fun to see how they translate it, it's a fun localisation.

BriGuy

The Cup Noodles quest is just embarrassing. Probably the single lowest point of the series, if not this generation of consoles entirely.

Marakh101

Neo Member
I'm currently on Chapter 14 trying to upgrade some weapons before finishing the game.
Going from quest to quest in my regalia listening to FF VIII soundtrack, mostly "Ride On". What a song, what a feeling.

JBwB

Actually (spoilers for that scene of events)
the Ardyn you're chasing in that sequence was actually Prompto and the Prompto that you wake up to is actually Ardyn in disguise.

Blablurn

I usually avoid sleeping at night, to collect more EXP, so I can get a nice sum with the hotel multiplicator later on.

Am I doing it wrong? or right?

Blablurn

One more question:

Regarding leveling up Noctis fishing abiltity... Do I just need to catch as many fish as possible? Do I have to go through different lakes? What's the best way to grind?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Had to find a video, and still don't understand the stupid puzzle, but finally got through Costlemark Tower! Fuck that place!

Quonny

One more question:

Regarding leveling up Noctis fishing abiltity... Do I just need to catch as many fish as possible? Do I have to go through different lakes? What's the best way to grind?
Just catch as many fish as possible. The rare fish grant more EXP. You can tell which fish are rare on the radar because their icon is a little double circle that sparkles.

So I'm doing the
Nifleheim base infiltration
and I have no idea what I'm suppose to do. I found the
regalia
and cleared out all the enemies but nothing is happening.

Edit: nvm figured it out. Apparently there was an enemy sniper hidden in the back so the game still locked me in combat which is why I couldn't progress.

RDreamer

I usually avoid sleeping at night, to collect more EXP, so I can get a nice sum with the hotel multiplicator later on.

Am I doing it wrong? or right?

If you want to be overleveled, sure. Honestly don't worry too much about it. It's pretty easy to get way overeleveled in this game, and there are also scenes tied to sleeping at various places around the open world, so definitely don't do what you're saying if you literally just started the game.

Blablurn

If you want to be overleveled, sure. Honestly don't worry too much about it. It's pretty easy to get way overeleveled in this game, and there are also scenes tied to sleeping at various places around the open world, so definitely don't do what you're saying if you literally just started the game.

Thanks :) Already passed the beginning of the game. Right now it's really all about leveling.

I like to see the numbers getting bigger....

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
So anyone elses camera not auto-adjust to the direction Noct is running ever (when turned on-off, doesn't matter) and the camera distance doesn't change no matter what?

Anyone know a fix? Tried saving and loading, turning off the console and re-loading....doing my head in: camera is stuck to close to Noct all the time, I didn't know it was a bug until I saw a stream and the camera auto adjusted properly and it was panned out :/

Rozart

Holy shit @ the Crestholm Channels dungeon. This place is a /maze/. Cindy is trying to get me killed I swear. That's why she was being all apprehensive when she gave me the quest.

Also, dungeons are fun and taxing (in a good, "Wow, I actually did it!" kind of way) when you're not overlevelled.

JBwB

So anyone elses camera hot auto-adjust to the direction Noct is running ever (when turned on-off, doesn't matter) and the camera distance doesn't change no matter what?

Anyone know a fix? Tried saving and loading, turning off the console and re-loading....doing my head in: camera is stuck to close to Noct all the time, I didn't know it was a bug until I saw a stream and the camera auto adjusted properly and it was panned out :/

Options -> Camera -> Position -> Set it to either middle or far.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Options -> Camera -> Position -> Set it to either middle or far.

Nah that's the problem, I change the camera angle all the time to try and change it, but it doesn't change no matter what; also the 'auto-adjust' camera option seems to do nothing: this is on PS4.

I I set it to far and auto adjust and it just stays at close camera angle no matter what setting it's one :(

Is auto-adjust supposed to swivel the camera behind Noct like how it works in say, The Witcher 3? So annoying having to always manually adjust the camera with the right thumb stick :/

Top Bottom