• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

piggychan

edit

Holy shit @ the Crestholm Channels dungeon. This place is a /maze/. Cindy is trying to get me killed I swear. That's why she was being all apprehensive when she gave me the quest.

Also, dungeons are fun and taxing (in a good, "Wow, I actually did it!" kind of way) when you're not overlevelled.

Just beat it a few hours ago the map layout don't help either.

-Horizon-

Made it to Lestallum.

I think I now understand the title of this thread?
old dude in the hotel?

Iris is cute.

I unlocked the chocobos. Don't really use them so far. The
deadeye fight
was pretty anticlimactic lol.

Its weird, in some areas imperial soldiers drop out of the sky on a regular basis the moment I step out of the car. In other areas they rarely if ever appear.

Gonna do the
sword behind the waterfall
quest later. I did meet the first level 54(?) monster in the world that I could find. That
snake thing
. I know that monster is right in front of the waterfall but I didn't want to do story missions yet. The only reason I went there was because prompto wanted to take a photo in front of the waterfall.

I'm level 27 or 29 right now and just doing the side quests below level 20 I can find while going to all the stops. I did take out my first level 30 giant while I was level 22. I was pretty proud of that even though I'm sure there are people who went after those things when only at the start of the game.

This game can be really pretty and kind of bleh at times to look at.

Apt101

Liege of the Lake
. I caught every fish in the lake twice, including a gigantic fish that was larger than my character. Where the fuck is it? I want to fucking break something.

B-Dex

I just got the 80 side quest trophy. I feel like I can ignore most of them now. Although a few of the quest chains do lead you to optional dungeons and things. But man.....

ahdurian

uhhh so has anyone had a glitch where they can't press x on anything?
I'm not getting any popups when im near people or near items to pick them up
just happened after I finished a battle

Liege of the Lake
. I caught every fish in the lake twice, including a gigantic fish that was larger than my character. Where the fuck is it? I want to fucking break something.
Are you a level 10 Fisher

Yup can't remember what I did to fix it tho it's a simple fix

Rozart

edit

Just beat it a few hours ago the map layout don't help either.

Yea, the quest markers were especially confusing for that map too.

I spent two in-game days in there. I missed one of the
machineries that unlocks the final dungeon boss
and finally caved in. Decided to look up a guide instead of backtracking around for another 30 mins trying to find the damn thing.

Both the boss fights
were fun though. It was my first time
getting turned into a toad and getting petrified
.That was a shocker. :p

LiK

Do return to rest stop or return to car. That fixed it for me.

JBwB

Nah that's the problem, I change the camera angle all the time to try and change it, but it doesn't change no matter what; also the 'auto-adjust' camera option seems to do nothing: this is on PS4.

I I set it to far and auto adjust and it just stays at close camera angle no matter what setting it's one :(

Just to be clear you're referring to the camera not panning out during combat right? Because out of combat the camera position will always be set to near on foot.

ScrapBrain

The Cup Noodles quest is just embarrassing. Probably the single lowest point of the series, if not this generation of consoles entirely.

I had a good laugh while doing the quest. It was a nice break from all the serious stuff in the game. Reminded me a bit of Kojima's antics in Metal Gear Solid 3, with all the codec conversations about instant noodles and calorie mates, etc...

Tigel

So I'm at chapter 14. What happens when you finish the game? Does it give you a "clear game save file" and you can continue playing from there? Or must you keep a separate file just before the final boss if you want to go back and finish your quests?

Astral Dog

I had a good laugh while doing the quest. It was a nice break from all the serious stuff in the game. Reminded me a bit of Kojima's antics in Metal Gear Solid 3, with all the codec conversations about instant noodles and calorie mates, etc...
I like that this game doesnt take itself so seriously

No >:[

fuck
Git good Son!!! Xp
animfishman1.gif

Lynx_7

Man, some places in FF XV are seriously stunning. Sometimes I find myself just looking around and taking in my environments, even snapping a few screenshots here and there which isn't something I usually do. I can't be the only one who feels like this, right? That's some good art direction right here.

Also, I just got level 10 fishing, making Noctis the first of the group to max his specialty. Funny since I wasn't even aiming for it.

SubbieD

Gotta admit.... when I was level 26 and took down those lvl 37 monsters in that jungle thing for Sonia... it felt crazy good. Its where I found that awesome Thunderbolt weapon.

And I've been doing multiple Dave and Sonia quests... this better be building to something exciting. At least Takka dropped the bomb that Cid got him his job.

Vyv from Lestallum gives huge Gil. He's like the only guy who actually gives a good amount of Gil.

Same same! So much fun, that's when I said F it, imma OP myself out. Haven't used any items since I beat that certain monster in certain dungeon :D

Pachimari

I'm really surprised at how little time we spent
in Altissia

Are Noctis
and Ardhn brothers? Or are they more like cousins or uncle and nephew?

Manu

So I just did a hunt against some Necromancers that hit like a fucking truck. I used up a bunch of my Phoenix Downs since I died quote a bit.

I finally beat them, jump on my car to return to the outpost, and as soon as I start driving (spoilers)
Aranea showed up on her ship. She jumped down and said "well, the daemons are taken care of so I'm out."

So... thanks for nothing, I guess?

0racle

Wtf.

I'm 17 hours in and have not finished chapter 3.

Does anyone know if the game forces me to rest/level up after looking at what is behind the water fall?

Zafir

No >:[

fuck

You don't need to be level 10.

I did it the other night at about fishing level 7.

Make sure you upgrade your stuff at the shop next to the lake(you'll need it) and buy the best line you can from him.

Generally the fish will be a orange circle with an outline, but sometimes there may not even be a circle at all. First time I saw it, it was an orange circle and my line wasn't strong enough to catch it. Second time I fished the pool dry and I still got a bite from it despite no dots on the map.

SubbieD

Is it possible to be under leveled in this game? I decided to skip most of the side quests as they were hampering my enjoyment of the game. I just got to chapter 4 and I'm level 23. I kind of like just doing the main story but if it is going to make things frustrating later on then I need to know now so I can grind a little here and there.

If going gets tough. Invest in magic, OP AF! And carry tons of items. 23 is good enough till Chapter 10 IMO if your weapons are upgraded (buy/find).

If going gets tough. Invest in magic, OP AF! And carry tons of items. 23 is good enough till Chapter 10 IMO if your weapons are upgraded (buy/find).

Good advice. I would add to it by saying that Overwhelm is a very very powerful tech as it has been stated before in this thread. Especially when you combine it with Bow of the Clever.

P.S: People who are investing into magic, don't forget to use your treasures to make some extremely powerful spells.

Seik

Banned
Dungeon of Pitioss.

The fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!

Two hours in and not done, I have the feeling I'm approaching the end...I want to die.

Garudan

Banned
Are Noctis
and Ardhn brothers? Or are they more like cousins or uncle and nephew?

If you're just in Altissia I would
just keep playing. Their relationship will be, mostly, revealed to you.

This video talking about that and the ending I thought was pretty interesting. Might help you understand that. Again definitely only watch if you've beaten the game.

LotusHD

Banned
Dungeon of Pitioss.

The fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!

Two hours in and not done, I have the feeling I'm approaching the end...I want to die.

Yea...

Though apparently you can actually exit now and save, and you won't lose out on the checkpoints and such you've done so far.

Golnei

But didn't he say his birth name which was the same surname as Noctis?

Assuming you've finished C13 -
Noctis is descended from "Izunia", who usurped the throne from Ardyn when he was cast out for his corruption. There's a theory that he and Ardyn were related, but if they weren't then Noctis would consequently have no relation with Ardyn and the original Lucis Caelum bloodline.

Pachimari

If you're just in Altissia I would
just keep playing. Their relationship will be, mostly, revealed to you.

This video talking about that and the ending I thought was pretty interesting. Might help you understand that. Again definitely only watch if you've beaten the game.
But I just beat the game.

I'll take a look at that.

I thought the supporting cast (besides the four) was weak, the plot was so-so and the ending kind of disappointed me.

Still a great Final Fantasy, and it's the first one I beat, so I'm very happy about that. I really love this game.

Pachimari

Assuming you've finished C13 -
Noctis is descended from "Izunia", who usurped the throne from Ardyn when he was cast out for his corruption. There's a theory that he and Ardyn were related, but if they weren't then Noctis would consequently have no relation with Ardyn and the original Lucis Caelum bloodline.
But if he is not part of
the Lucis Caelum bloodline, then Regis is not his father and he's not supposed to be king?

Namikaze

What level should I be at to take on the final chapter? I was level 41 when I last went there and felt severely underlevled. Well actually, I've always felt that way. Even mobs of enemies like 10-20 levels below me give me trouble at times. Dodging all the time is frustrating and no fun when you're not dealing damage.

Golnei

But if he is not part of
the Lucis Caelum bloodline, then Regis is not his father and he's not supposed to be king?

Assuming the original Izunia and Ardyn weren't related, then Regis wouldn't have been part of the (original) bloodline either. After Ardyn was ostracised, the gods accepted the usurper as the legitimate heir (who also took on the Lucis Caelum name), which eventually led to Noctis and Regis thousands of years later.

JBwB

But if he is not part of

The WHOLE current Lucis Caelum line is actually the Izunia line.

Ardyn is the true ancestor to the Lucis Caelum line. The Izunias took the name for themselves after Ardyn became 'corrupted'.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
But I just beat the game.

I'll take a look at that.

I thought the supporting cast (besides the four) was weak, the plot was so-so and the ending kind of disappointed me.

Still a great Final Fantasy, and it's the first one I beat, so I'm very happy about that. I really love this game.

Just wondering, why are you calling this a great final fantasy if it is the only one you have completed?

Mind you I am on Chapter 5, and this (outside of the two mmos) is the first one I honestly am not sure if I will bother completing. Does it get better? I want to love this game...

So I'm at chapter 14. What happens when you finish the game? Does it give you a "clear game save file" and you can continue playing from there? Or must you keep a separate file just before the final boss if you want to go back and finish your quests?

The game drops you before the final boss fight then you can use umbra to go back to lucis

Trojan

Just had a 30 minute night brawl where every Red Giant and Magitek Scimitar in Eos showed up. Even though it can pile on quickly, I really like the way they amp-up the night danger in this game.

Top Bottom