• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Pro Patch Live Early?

Toth

I don't have a pro, but the level cap was raised, I need over a million XP to level up lol.

There's an option for timed quests in the menu, but there's nothing there yet. I'm just happy that I can listen to my radio on the chocobo now.

What? You need 1 million to level from 99 to 100...?

JayEH

I wish I didn't do all of the quests and most of the hunts with the level cap being raised now. Back to grinding I guess.

Not included in the notes: The Nier soundtrack clips. They are already in your inventory. No sign of the booster weapons though.

cool. is that the extent of the nier collab though?

What? You need 1 million to level from 99 to 100...?

Yep.

C5EtwHTVcAA5Nu1.jpg:large

Piggus

Downloading now, but if someone could please check to see if "high" mode has better framepacing, I'd appreciate it.

Infest

It's not a stable 60fps but the impovement is absolutely noticeable, feels so much better now! Finally a reason to replay the game.

Negative side effect: switching from light to high mode feels even worse now. :x

i-Lo

Is it that difficult to patch the game for 30fps without frame-pacing issue? Is this is a JP developer issue (because FROM software have the same problem)?

True Fire

Is it that difficult to patch the game for 30fps without frame-pacing issue? Is this is a JP developer issue (because FROM software have the same problem)?

I mean, they probably could if they dropped the resolution to like 1620p. But the frame pacing is consistent with the regular PS4 version and they probably don't care.

LaneDS

Had been playing in high and initially didn't notice a change (hadn't played since finishing it a couple months back) but man the switch to lite... that is quite the jump in frame rate. Curious to see how much, if any, high benefits from this patch.

Not really the place to ask, but is it too late to play/finish the last FFXV Platinum demo, where it gave you an unlockable bonus in FFXV when you finished it? I have already started FFXV.

Not really the place to ask, but is it too late to play/finish the last FFXV Platinum demo, where it gave you an unlockable bonus in FFXV when you finished it? I have already started FFXV.
You're not missing out. You just get to name Carbuncle, and he/she has only appeared in the tutorial and chocobo festival.

I just played for about five minutes or so in lite mode, and while the frame-rate at times gets close to 60, it is highly variable and actually kind of distracting, given that all it takes for it to plummet is often a simple pan around the environment. Unfortunately this has replaced the previous 'lite' mode, so those hoping for a consistent frame rate are now out of luck.

Pro mode seems just as bad as before, the frame pacing issues are still there.

I knew we'd never get a locked 60, but I at least hoped they'd fix the frame pacing issues in pro mode.

Elios83

Tried it quickly.

60fps mode is simply the new lower res mode, there are not three options.
Higher res mode is the same as before.
In 60fps mode the game is considerably more fluid and it really improves things during combats.

Sorry for frame pacing fans, issues are present in both modes.

Caim

The timed quests option is in too, but there don't seem to be any missions yet.

Song of the Ancients/Fate and Weight of the World are in music player.

Chilled Food Tin was added to the recipes if you missed it.

RAWRferal

So yeah just loaded my save where I left off in Lestallum at night. It was better frame rate wise for sure, maybe 45fps? A bit of fluctuation higher though and some minor judder, but a marked improvement.

Went to sleep and went out for a drive and yeah, it's definitely smooth, not locked 60fps by any means, it looks slick though. There are no new frame-pacing issues I can see either.

Battles were good too, no majorly huge drops that I could see.

Anyone else's map twitchy AF now?

The timed quests option is in too, but there don't seem to be any missions yet.

Song of the Ancients/Fate and Weight of the World are in music player.

Chilled food Tin was added to the recipes if you missed it.

Do you know if they fixed the other bugged recipes? I think there were three tied to the magazines that didn't unlock for some folks

Infest

Something I've also noticed is the reduction of hair dithering. Idk if it has something to do with the higher framerate or the general patch but it looks much cleaner.

The frame rate dips noticeably in battles with the dropship soldiers but other than that, I'm surprised it holds up as well as it does in battle.

Bebpo

Banned
Tried it quickly.

60fps mode is simply the new lower res mode, there are not three options.
Higher res mode is the same as before.
In 60fps mode the game is considerably more fluid and it really improves things during combats.

Sorry for frame pacing fans, issues are present in both modes.

Whoops, stable mode gone for good. Was kinda worst case scenario.

PS4 version > Pro I guess now. GJ SE.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to see it appear. It's as I expected though too variable to be super useful to me. It's not 50+ the whole time for sure which would probably be alright. Shame there's no fix for frame pacing in high mode because I find a cap better than the frame rate going all over the place. The Nier music is awesome though

Top Bottom