• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Pro Patch Live Early?

kennyamr

Yea the update installed but Idk about playing the game again. There is so many other stuff to play that I probably won't find any time for FF15...

BasilZero

What does it mean by conclusion of the Moogle Chocobo festival?

Whats added to it or do they mean they are taking it out?

I finished (supposedly) few weeks ago but this is making me think they are adding something else to it?

Man i wish the game was delayed a year. Wouldve added some decent 2nd half content and maybe just maybe that old godly lighting for the pro.
Dont care much for 60fps, hell ive been playing in high res mode on a 4k tv and i dont even care for the poor frame pacing.
That lighting plus hdr wouldve been a sight to behold

Elios83

In 60fps mode I'm also noticing less dithering on the hair than before and overall the blur when you rotate the camera appears to be reduced compared to higher res mode so overall the image looks pretty clean.
Seems like the best way to play the game at this point. Too bad they couldn't fix the frame pacing issues in either mode.

I finished (supposedly) few weeks ago but this is making me think they are adding something else to it?

Carnival is a limited time event, its going away now.

Caim

If you update it then the carnival goes away since its technically over now.

Man i wish the game was delayed a year. Wouldve added some decent 2nd half content and maybe just maybe that old godly lighting for the pro.
Dont care much for 60fps, hell ive been playing in high res mode on a 4k tv and i dont even care for the poor frame pacing.
That lighting plus hdr wouldve been a sight to behold

hey just hold your horses, it's coming in the March patch

In 60fps mode I'm also noticing less dithering on the hair than before and overall the blur when you rotate the camera appears to be reduced compared to higher res mode so overall the image looks pretty clean.
Seems like the best way to play the game at this point. Too bad they couldn't fix the frame pacing issues in either mode.

Digital foundry said that the Lite mode doesn't have the frame pacing issue that PS4 and PS4 Pro High has. Did they add it in to Lite mode in the 1.05 patch?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-final-fantasy-15-performance-analysis

PlayStation 4 Pro's 'lite' display mode almost on par with the consistency of the Xbox One presentation. The lite mode runs the base PS4 visual feature set at 1080p30 and features a rock-solid performance profile. Stutter in the form of incorrect frame-pacing is very rare during gameplay and is only really noticeable in the title's engine-driven cut-scenes. But switching to the higher resolution mode with its 1800p checkerboarding, improved texture filtering and shadows sees inconsistent frame delivery strike back with a vengeance. We've actually opted to play the game on lite mode instead - trading the resolution and improved image quality for a smoother experience. The good news is that HDR support - which is phenomenal in this title, by the way - works across all modes.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Whoops, stable mode gone for good. Was kinda worst case scenario.

PS4 version > Pro I guess now. GJ SE.

How did you get that from, "In 60fps mode the game is considerably more fluid and it really improves things during combats."

BHK3

Banned
So frame pacing issues are back in this new mode? Wasn't this mode a solid 30 fps with no issues before?

PS4 version > Pro I guess now. GJ SE.
This makes absolutely no sense. Framepacing issues are present on the standard PS4, so even if they're now in every mode the Pro would still be unquestionably better. It offers either much higher framerate or much higher resolution than on standard.

Orayn

Lite framerate seems high but not 100% stable. Overall pretty good.

High is as fucky as ever. I can't quite tell if it's the still-terrible pacing or if they unlocked it or what.

How did you get that from, "In 60fps mode the game is considerably more fluid and it really improves things during combats."
Some people might prefer Lite Mode's (formerly) more stable 30fps compared to the variable framerate it has now.

Doesn't really bother me (Didn't mind it in KH 0.2, either) but a toggle to cap/uncap the framerate Lite Mode would have been the best way to go about things.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Lite mode moves from frame pacing issues to highly variable frame rate. It's not really better if what you wanted was stability in the first place. It can be more fluid but it's pretty unstable, some people will use it but for me it's not really an improvement from before. Just a stable 30fps cap with fixed frame pacing would be better than an unlocked frame rate that is pretty variable

Some people might prefer Lite Mode's (formerly) more stable 30fps compared to the variable framerate it has now.

Doesn't really bother me (Didn't mind it in KH 0.2, either) but a toggle to cap/uncap the framerate Lite Mode would have been the best way to go about things.

They removed the 30FPS mode?

What the hell? Why?

So the limited time hunt seems to be up (cactuar/slactuar) but I'm not sure where to find it.

It highlights a section of the map for you lol. It's to the southwest of where the meteor hit.

Edit: Holy shit this is nuts,
you have to kill 100 cactuars and slactuars in one fight.

hey just hold your horses, it's coming in the March patch

Digital foundry said that the Lite mode doesn't have the frame pacing issue that PS4 and PS4 Pro High has.

I dont really care much for ch13, it was fine.
Wouldve liked to explore in or around tenebrae though. Or that place with the frozen clouds.
Prompto dlc should cover some of the snow region and niflhiem so i dont mind that much either.

For the frame pacing, yeah didnt lite mode have the best frame pacing?

Elios83

Digital foundry said that the Lite mode doesn't have the frame pacing issue that PS4 and PS4 Pro High has. Did they add it in to Lite mode in the 1.05 patch?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-final-fantasy-15-performance-analysis

There are frame pacing issues in 60fps mode, it's apparent right at the beginning of the game during the initial car scene, you rotate the camera while you're pushing the car and yeah...it's there. Not like in higher res mode but it's there.
DF will shed more light on the situation but overall 60fps mode seems really fluid and also looks cleaner than before.

Stiler

So it seems I missed the festival thing, did I miss much?

You missed out on a unique car decal, a t-shirt, a cool outfit (but only for season pass holders), a "dream egg" (no one knows what it does yet), two recipes, and a way to easily rack up some rare crafting items (dust/ore) and weapon items for Cid.

Guess I never got the dream egg. I got a ticket to a never-ending fireworks display that didn't give me any means of exiting it short of quitting the game :/

If you had moved the gondola during the show it would have ended. I got stuck there too until I started getting impatient and pressing buttons.

Tagg9

Ugh, the frame pacing is definitely still there on High mode. And from the short 10 minutes I spent playing, there's no way that Low mode gets anywhere near 60fps (unless the frame pacing is really screwing with my perception).

Ironically, I managed to take this screen while testing it... Feel so sluggish
PQEtHxe.jpg

Jedi2016

While Lite Mode isn't locked, I think the higher framerate does a good job of hiding the stutter, and it still feels smoother overall.

It would have been a lot better if they'd fixed the pacing issues in High mode, that could have been the go-to mode for people that are looking for stability. Sadly, framepacing still seems to be beyond the ability of Japanese developers to fix.

Things I've noticed so far.

There's only 2 NieR songs - one from Gesalt/Replicant, and then one from Automata (at least by default, but I kind of doubt there will be a soundtrack to purchase in game).

I also noticed a loading screen in the opening world on my PS4 Pro running on lite mode, this is the first time I've ever had this happen in the open world/Duscae. I was flying in my Regalia coming in for a landing, so maybe it was a combination of circumstances aligning, but was strange.

While Lite Mode isn't locked, I think the higher framerate does a good job of hiding the stutter, and it still feels smoother overall.

It would have been a lot better if they'd fixed the pacing issues in High mode, that could have been the go-to mode for people that are looking for stability. Sadly, framepacing still seems to be beyond the ability of Japanese developers to fix.

Yeah, between this and Bloodborne it's starting to get pretty annoying. Not to mention the FFXIII and XIII-2 PC ports that never got fixed.

It highlights a section of the map for you lol. It's to the southwest of where the meteor hit.

Edit: Holy shit this is nuts,
you have to kill 100 cactuars and slactuars in one fight.
Damn. Beaten, that was nuts.

I assume we can do this as many times as we'd like?

Just like with a lot of other games, unlocked fps basically means "look at the sky to see 60fps." But it is definitely smoother. I'll probably still play on High visual mode though as an unlocked fps isn't superior than locked 30 to me.

Top Bottom