• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Pro Patch Live Early?

Resting at camp resets the timed quest. So you can redo it. You only get the bonuses once though. The battle itself gives you close to 100k EXP. So there's that.

Toth

Resting at camp resets the timed quest. So you can redo it. You only get the bonuses once though. The battle itself gives you close to 100k EXP. So there's that.

Okay, Watching a stream of it and that seems to be the case. Great way of leveling up post 99 though.

Caim

There is blue exclamation point that appears after you clear it nearby so you can reset it immediately after clearing it.

EDIT: Right in front of the tower that is also the warpspot when in battle.

Okay, Watching a stream of it and that seems to be the case. Great way of leveling up post 99 though.

It's decent, if you buy a ton of the ingredients to make the hamburger recipe from the Chocobo place you get about 140k experience for that fight. Too bad there's no easier way to reset it so you can take all of that experience to the 3x hotel

There is blue exclamation point that appears after you clear it nearby so you can reset it immediately after clearing it.

EDIT: Right in front of the tower that is also the warpspot when in battle.

Completely missed that. Eating the lasagna at camp (100% exp boost) then doing that quest over and over, then staying at the hotel in Altissia should level you up a ton. I hope the curve isnt too steep.

AEdouard

Bah. I just tried it for a little while and I like the new lite (somewhat) 60 fps much better than the previous locked but having some frame pacing issues 30 fps lite mode. It feels smooth enough generally.

I just came back to console gaming after a while with only a high end pc. It's too bad, but I'm having a real hard time getting back to 30 fps in general. They should have kept the locked lite 30 fps option for those who prefer it though.

I don't have a super strong need to powerlevel up past 99 at this point, tbh, but it's cool that that's a possibility. Still want to see the AP economy get fixed and more abilities added to the Ascension tree - here's hoping future patches are ambitious about that sort of refinement.

Lite mode still has hair dithering issues, if not worse. High quality remain the best in terms of IQ.

dibwmb.png

70 hours in hq mode here. Used lite mode for the first time after this patch, felt smoother. Just went back to hq mode though lol.

Caim

How do you even start the quest? I went to the area, and it said "Accepted" before promptly saying "Aborted" right after.

You should see a ton of blue exclamation points, the area for the fight itself is massive so you may have to move further in.

Bebpo

Banned
This makes absolutely no sense. Framepacing issues are present on the standard PS4, so even if they're now in every mode the Pro would still be unquestionably better. It offers either much higher framerate or much higher resolution than on standard.

PS4 is the smoothest experience now unfortunately. PS4 Pro LQ is unstable variable framerate and HQ has much worse framepacing. If you just want a smooth stable experience, the PS4 Pro LQ used to be the best version with a locked 30fps 1080p with almost no frame pacing, now the closest is normal PS4 with a mostly locked 30fps 900p with some frame pacing.

Unlocked framerates are not favored by everyone, especially if they aren't 60fps w/drops but instead 40-60fps.

Was waiting for the Pro patch to play my copy of FFXV, but now I guess I'll just keep waiting and eventually play it on PC.

Toth

I don't have a super strong need to powerlevel up past 99 at this point, tbh, but it's cool that that's a possibility. Still want to see the AP economy get fixed and more abilities added to the Ascension tree - here's hoping future patches are ambitious about that sort of refinement.

I wouldn't be surprised if this initial timed quest isn't just for leveling and AP purposes, with the new super mobs starting to be rolled out in March.

Can anyone confirm what the exp needed from 100 to 101 is?

AmyS

Guys, before I install this patch,should I just delete my save game files?

I was only about 2 or so hours from the beginning.

Really interested in seeing what kind of items the booster pack has. I didn't start playing until after Christmas and having that holiday pack was a lifesaver because of the AP items.

Freeman76

Some of you are so finnicky about this frame pacing issue. Its like you study the game hoping to find something wrong. WTF did you lot used to do back in the old days when shit ran at 20fps half the time? Call yourself gamers? Pah..you are more like the Health Inspectors of the games industry.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm just sure how I feel about this, to be honest. I just tested it out and Lite mode now just feels worse.

A bit disappointed and I was waiting to jump into it deep until this released.

They really couldn't have spent some time trying to improve High mode as well, at least to fix the clear issues it has?

AmyS

Come on guys, I need more definitive info and comparison videos, STAT! :)

The patch is downloading for me.

benzy

How are you in the carnival with the new 1.05 patch? Applying the patch took the Special entry on the Menu away.

I took that yesterday in HQ mode before the patch. I took some lite mode pics after 1.05 but they all had hair dither.

Chun-Li

I think light mode feels better than what it was, even with the variable frame rate.

The only thing that makes me sad is that guests can't participate in timed quests. I don't want to lose
Aranea since I don't if they fixed the bug that allowed you to keep her
!

Toa Axis

Some of you are so finnicky about this frame pacing issue. Its like you study the game hoping to find something wrong. WTF did you lot used to do back in the old days when shit ran at 20fps half the time? Call yourself gamers? Pah..you are more like the Health Inspectors of the games industry.
Just because you don't notice or care about frame pacing issues does not mean that others are, "Hoping to find something wrong."

Back when games ran at very low frame rates were generally the early days of 3D, but standards change. People expect more polished, more airtight experiences now. Just because something was one way in the past doesn't mean it'll necessarily stand the test of time.

JayEH

I think light mode feels better than what it was, even with the variable frame rate.

The only thing that makes me sad is that guests can't participate in timed quests. I don't want to lose
Aranea since I don't if they fixed the bug that allowed you to keep her
!

They did fix it in the last patch :(

MrDenny

Can someone post a screenshot or describe where the time quest is? I don't see any blue exclamations marks on my map. The time quest section only shows a question mark.

Caim

Can someone post a screenshot or describe where the time quest is? I don't see any blue exclamations marks on my map. The time quest section only shows a question mark.

It's below the crater that is right under the Fallaughns Haven rest spot.

It's near Daurell Caverns.

Freeman76

Just because you don't notice or care about frame pacing issues does not mean that others are, "Hoping to find something wrong."

Back when games ran at very low frame rates were generally the early days of 3D, but standards change. People expect more polished, more airtight experiences now. Just because something was one way in the past doesn't mean it'll necessarily stand the test of time.

You carry on nitpicking the crap of everything while the rest of us look on the bright side and enjoy the great games todays tech allows us to play. Enjoy your half empty cup of juice while you stress over some frame drops. Your moaning doesnt change anything so I dont know why you bother....but its your blood prrssure not mine.

Trying this out now, it's way smoother than before. I'm not such a huge stickler for frame pacing but not noticing it much in lite mode. High mode however is still significantly noticeable. The PS4 fans are audible too in lite mode

Caim

100kxp reward is upon quest completion?

XP food and expericast doesn't help?

It's 10k exp and the rest of it comes from the cactuars.

I used just Moogle Charms, I've ran it twice and had 215,341 exp and the person without the charm had 196,338.

Toa Axis

You carry on nitpicking the crap of everything while the rest of us look on the bright side and enjoy the great games todays tech allows us to play. Enjoy your half empty cup of juice while you stress over some frame drops. Your moaning doesnt change anything so I dont know why you bother....but its your blood prrssure not mine.
???

Frame rate drops are rarely, if ever, deal breakers for me unless they're extremely egregious, which is thankfully not the case in FFXV (which makes the presence of frame pacing even more frustrating). I also have no problem looking at the positive side of things, I do that all the time.

Even if one doesn't care about frame rate or frame pacing, I don't see how it's unreasonable to expect that a game is a smooth experience. Like, that can only make a game better. It's not nitpicking, it's a genuine critique that can dampen the enjoyment of a game for many, even if it does not dampen yours. Solid, stable performance is a plus for everyone, even those who may not notice or care.

I feel like you're getting a bit heated over this, so I'm sorry if I somehow offended you.

I constantly fluctuating frame rate between 30 and 60 FPS is fucking horrible if there isn't a way to lock it down this patch is amateur hour.

Top Bottom