• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SIGGRAPH 2016 Tech Talk and Presentations

Ketaya

yes, but I enjoyed my time in Duscae ten fold and even spent 30+ hours with the demo compared to the 5 in XC:X

Hated the new xenoblade

Same here, spent about 35 hours in Duscae (and 10+ with the Platinum Demo), but couldn't get into XBX at all, stopped playing after less then 10 hours.

benzy

Someone did a combat analysis after playing the Titan demo. It's the same dodge we've seen before from the daggers moveset.

http://www.vgtime.com/article/12353040.jhtml

D5Wb.gif

E5Wb.gif

J5Wb.gif

H5Wb.gif

U5Wb.gif

S5Wb.gif

P5Wb.gif

M5Wb.gif

benzy

Oh man, I can't read the language so do you know if they said anything about what Ignis' "Frostbind" move does? I'm immensely curious.

I just use Google Chrome to translate the whole page so the translation is iffy. Seems Frostbind is a power and defense buff?

"↑ key : Ignis Frost added. After using this skill, Ignis will move to nearby Roanoke Roanoke Atlantis Atlantis is a additional attack power and defense power increase of Buff, continue for some time. When using this trick the best note Ignis position again."

The whole article:

With ChinaJoy to carry out, "Final Fantasy 15" Titans also officially part of the trials with the domestic players are greeted at the scene provided a demo.
  Unlike time mainly reflected changes in the weather, as well as medium-sized enemy combatants "Platinum demo version of" The Trial of the Titans demo focuses embodying partner with the face of large-scale BOSS battle. So specifically what the Titans trials of new material? Then I told the players share. In addition there will be more text GIF map, so to see the players with a flow further, please carefully point ~
About Actions
  Compared to the "demo Platinum Edition", the new combat system based on the operation and did not do too much change, add the following adjustments in the trials of Titan:
Running hold down the attack button can also be pressed into the run mode, the original is not visible in "Platinum demo version" in this mode of operation (but this operation is there), this will be shown on the right in the operating instructions .Press the button in the use of the right analog stick, open and close the lock function on the basis of the use of an additional R1 / RB button lock immediate objective.With the addition of companion you can now use L1 / LB key to exhale the companion menu. Peer menu activated, use the arrow keys to launch the corresponding companion skills.In this demo version you can use props, the key for the R2 / RT button.The demo version of the game to open the main menu, use the touch pad / BACK button.
  Having operations, we have to talk about fighting.
About Weapons
  Basically start from the first appearance Nock Atlantis, he demonstrated on a wide variety of weapons, ability to control. The demo version of the player the outset to carry three weapons on the body, there are two weapons to strengthen the Apocalypse sword and sword like "Platinum demo version of" Sky Sword and wide-edged sword, but also added a new weapon thieves swords. As well as an ice magic.

Strengthening sword

Apocalypse sword

Thieves swords
  Wherein strengthen sword and "Platinum demo version of" Sky Sword belong sheet hand sword class, almost identical performance, not repeat them, apocalypse and wide-blade sword sword belonging to Great Sword, compared to the wide-blade sword said a total of skills (for example, Xu Li cut, as well as passive ability to reply the MP.) but the actual usage and wide-blade sword still some differences in, say, "Platinum demo" in the powerful swing cut, Titan trials the difference between the use and performance of both, I guess it should be a result of differences in weapons.

Apocalypse sword cut Charge
  Then we talk about the focus on new weapons Titan trials thieves swords. From 2.0 to demo "demo Platinum Edition", the official has to show us a piece of hand sword, spear, sword, shield, sword in hand five kinds of types of weapons, and the newly added double dagger thieves swords belonging type, is a new series of arms (if there will be a double sword two knives flow in the game after not know?). He is the author of a very popular weapon.
  With good air war to strengthen different sword, swords thieves although there is a certain air combat capability, but it is obvious that a ground war weapon specialization, there are so few specific performance:
Thieves swords with rich batter output capacity on the ground.Thieves swords on the ground outside the batter removed conventional weapon attacks also threw special moves.

Thieves swords biggest feature : in ground combat, you can use the left stick to launch sway. It is also a major reason I liked the weapon.
  Now it seems that is not invincible sway, but with an infinite number of times without consuming MP, move position of the free, fast and can be used quickly after about characteristics such as flexibility in the use of lateral movement can play a significant advantage of playing the enemy force.

Any number of lateral
  And the use of lateral displacement, we can do this:

See this is what skills it? Yes, that is the secret recipe • repeated cross-jump!

Cheats • repeated cross-jump

Saitama teacher Upgraded
  Such a cool and delight weapons, I naturally very much like (manual doge). Also worth mentioning is that the thieves swords and sword Apocalypse sword, with reply MP when attacking enemy characteristics, but due to its ability to segment output even terror, MP recovery is fast.
  Also the game also offers an ice magic, in accordance with its power and effect in a game point of view, this should belong to the FF series ice properties host Magic Great Blizzard (bu ri za ga) or freezing (fu an have zu). Although this demo version should be in order to facilitate the players to provide a 30 in the body can be used, but considering the magic is so strong, formal process is not so easy to obtain are not clear, it is recommended not to rely on it to develop consuming habit of fighting magic 233.
  In addition, as the magic is very strong, when he launched his own will and cause nearby companions low damage. Also with the "Platinum demo version" of the same fire magic, when magic equipment, Teleport action no longer throw weapons but direct flash, the lack of endurance running or when time can be used to fight their way.
  The use of high-speed equipment teleport magic time where you can quickly escape the Titans chase a big hand:

About partner
  Peer Skills is another additional content of the Titans Trial. Use companion skill has the following premise:
Peer team located (ah, this is of course);When it launched the companion skill, enough companion slot (slot name is clearly the author's own series).
  Companion slot on the lower left corner, above the circular phantom sword picture is a green energy transverse grooves. Energy companion slots will fill themselves, are seeing a total of three slots companion cells, each using a 1 companion skill grid energy consumption (although the current situation, this groove completely sufficient, but I believe that this does not exclude energy tank can be increased, there will be follow-up to consume more energy partner skills or something).
  As we mentioned earlier, in order to use the skills companions, after only need L1 / LB outgoing companion skill bar, press the arrow keys corresponding button. In this Titan Trials, the three partners skills are:
← key : Plon Putnam penetration shooting. In time to launch the targeted skills, we will make a call Plon Putnam target shooting. Hitting the attack button when you press it, Knox Tees will teleport to do near the target drew a pistol bullet chase, excellent power remote output skills.

↑ key : Ignis Frost added. After using this skill, Ignis will move to nearby Roanoke Roanoke Atlantis Atlantis is a additional attack power and defense power increase of Buff, continue for some time. When using this trick the best note Ignis position again.

After using the skills, post moves Ignis will find Knox Tees

Skills can be seen after a successful launch, Roanoke Tis the status bar added attack power and defense power increase mark
→ key : Guladiao Roughs furious. Launch后古拉迪欧will move to the vicinity of the target waving a large sword attack, after Atlantis hit also allows Knox to do additional attacks. However, it should be the demo version of the reasons this is not always so satisfactory performance of trick, so I did not cut out 233 GIF.
About Props
  The Titan Trials can use props, at the beginning the game will default to the players a lot of props reply type in the body, the weapon the player who started the demo can also be random brush type two BUFF props. In the demo version, exhaled menu items, the world will be suspended, the player can first select props and then select the destination, and then when the role of the use of props, time is flowing (ie menu items not directly take effect), or a little more attention to the next props the use of time.

About other capacity
  Since the previous "demo Platinum Edition", the children changed from Knox Tis war Iron Giant, according to preliminary weapon iron giant to estimate the level of words, "demo Platinum Edition" Knox Tees Ratings Cheng Si is about a 3-5 level, the output capacity Ye Hao, Ye Hao fighting skills are not so rich, but Titan trials, we can see Roanoke Atlantis added some new capabilities.
Air defense and by the body:
  In the "Platinum demo" was Tucao limited defense capability Knox Tees, now because of the role of air defense can raise levels of 233. Way to launch air defense hold the key. Another capability that the body is in the shot when you can fly by pressing the button to adjust the body position defense.

Here with air defense begs the Giants (Akira screen? Roar?) Attack
Phantom Sword big move:
  Also still and "Platinum demo version of" lower in rank Knox Tis different, under the shadow of the sword summon another big move mode can be used, although this trial, unlike the Titans "Platinum demo" Like, you can directly use the Phantom sword summon ( "Platinum demo", the ability of obtaining phantom Phantom sword sword slots are full, but this beginning can be used, but the phantom sword slot is empty), but the player can through the brush to accumulate phantom soldier sword slot. The power of the big move Well, I on a map. You can feel it.

Phantom Sword big move, the figure is Titan wrist blood
Back passage Attack:
  Ah, by definition a very intuitive ability to append (or actually a new damage system?). Injuries will rise from behind to attack the enemy, and the emergence of back passage attacking words. Known hurt magnification effect is 1.5 times the damage, do not rule out there are other magnification. Here are two illustrations:

Also worth mentioning is the back passage attacks can be formed with fellow Chain:

Back passage attack chain
to sum up
  Since the game is also available for sale soon, this time I do not do unnecessary speculation, finally briefly about the battle with the Titans.
  Battle with the Titans can be basically divided into three parts: the first contains two segments QTE fled; then the next three QTE collision with the Titans play the game; next go before the Titan body, when prompted teammate debut and will enter Titan operational part of one arm. After lighting the arm of HP, will use ice magic prompt appears, use ice magic completed QTE even demo ends.
  Since the Titans can only use his left hand, so although it is not really attack less, but has a more convenient way of coping.

Legend drawing hand out of the way of a common attacks Titan 233
  Titans most commonly used mainly around Baishou attack, fists and smashing:
  First Baishou about attacks, because the Titans are in play with his left hand, so when it is from the left side of the screen when Wang Youce play, play it on the right side of the battlefield version less than in the opposite direction empathy. Sometimes append from the left side of the screen when Wang Youce play a note small smashing.
  Smashing attack now appears to be are two, focus on how you can counter the defense's big hit, the center of the screen substantially see the red defense when prompted, to run on the line Shoudexia Titans defensive live smashing attack can trigger counter the Titan's arm crashing to the ground, it is possible to output the arm (after all, are the most powerful ground attack skills).
  Fist attack, this will generally play three or more punches, defense or escape do.
  In the battle with the Titans of the time, when it fell to 2/3 of blood volume will hit a high frequency of use to induce the players to attack and counter attack arm, of course, remove the arm knocked to attack outside, there are several other games are played :
  Strengthen the use of the sword arm with a thief swords and aerial warfare . Note carefully waved when determined to attack, air defense or to take advantage of Teleport somersault attack or escape. Combat requires players to always be careful of the Titans attack trends, not be greedy knife. Also note MP consumption when the MP is not fast enough, they can choose two swords in the air quickly switch thieves attack Recovery MP arm rub blood or in the air lock Imperial Army weapon to the ground floor, then brush with swords thieves Zabing restore MP.
  In addition, when falling from a height, when launched from the ground close to the Teleport can avoid fall damage.
  Utilizing the skills of his teammates . Clever use Plon Putnam shot and Knox Tis even carrying attack, regardless of Titan wrist in the air and on the ground can play high damage, is to use the time to pay attention to whether the target aiming right. Ignis with additional frost can also add to their hurt.
  Use phantom sword . Although the game started phantom sword slot is empty. But on the battlefield constantly refreshed Titan Imperial Army soldiers (after all, the Imperial Army airship flying in the head yet), use a brush to brush apocalypse sword weapon, you can quickly accumulated a good groove phantom sword, then on the second Titan it. The trick is not the fastest, but it is definitely the most beautiful of the most refreshing. Then again pleasing phantom sword big move action figure 233.
  In fact, even without the big move, Phantom Jianping A direct damage is explosive, but still want to use:

Phantom Sword big move!
  The last is to rely on magic. While the foregoing I also mentioned not rely on magic to fight, after all, such a strong magic, in all likelihood it will not be so readily available, but only in this demo version, then, more than 30 still can be very luxury with a use. Use ice magic to fight the Titans very simple way. Hitter Titan about the attack, smashing or punched when optimistic about the opportunity in front of the arm to throw on the line, not so accurate it can also hurt, with Buff skill effect Ignis better.
  There will be follow-up VGtime this live demo, video content, so stay tuned!

sappyday

I knew I was going to spend a bunch of time with Duscae, but the actual amount of time I spend exceeded my expectations. I can't even explain how I amnaged spend enough time in Duscae to finish 2-3 AAA games.

I still sometimes boot it up and just run around.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Does anyone know if object motion blur is making it in or not? It seems to be in and out with every video released and the Platinum demo only had it in specific cutscenes. I think it would look great with these animations.

Koozek

Kinda spoilery, so don't read if you don't want to know which other yet unknown summon is in the game:

The moment in the video starts around the 3:32 minute mark, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INFAzl6Y4tM

As far as I know the inclusion of Shiva was heavily expected and theorized but not really confirmed (correct me if I'm wrong). But we can clearly read that she's present on that screen.

More interestingly we can see that Noct has 7 Summons in his repertoire during that segment. This could mean two things:

• There are 7 Summons in total, of which Ramuh, Titan, Shiva and Leviathan are confirmed. That makes 4 3 out of 7. If you count Carbuncle and Leviathan as well, that makes 5 out of 7. That leaves 2 to 4 Summons to still be found.
  • There are at least 7 Summons and during this demonstration Noct simply doesn't have all the spells, weapons, abilities, and Summons in his repertoire. There might be a few more Summons out there which are either not finished, or simply not included in that "7" that Noct has during this demo.

Either way, I'm already very pleased with knowing there's at least 7. That might not be as much as certain older FF's, but Tabata had already confirmed that there wouldn't be a lot. I was afraid that would mean about 4 or 5, so 7 is already a decent amount. Especially considering they're big deals to acquire and to Summon. They're not simply random spells and abilities you can use nilly willy.

Source: Mognet's @TwoDotsO.

Tyaren

https://youtu.be/INFAzl6Y4tM

Siggraph 1080p techdemo video released(no sound, PC build of course)

So they reworked Duscae again it seems. The trees seem different and there's now shrubbery that wasn't there before. Also the grass looks different. There's overall less, it's more patchy and is haded better. (In the console versions too?)

The most claring difference is the lighting though. It's now very bright and vibrant whereas Duscae even at noon felt weirdly gloomy and dark:

Episode-Duscae-4.jpg

I'm glad they got ridd of that dark vignette circling the screen.

Koozek, you listed all summons that will be the game in your last post? I didn't read it =p

Edit: Nevermind, I read it your post. Not really spoiler because we don't know if that's the final number. Anyway:

FF X has 8 summons, so I was expecting a number close to that for FF XV. Seven would be almost that but I still expect 8 in the final game. BELIEVE =p

artsi

So they reworked Duscae again it seems. The trees seem different and there's now shrubbery that wasn't there before. Also the grass looks different. There's overall less, it's more patchy and is haded better. (In the console versions too?)

The most claring difference is the lighting though. It's now very bright and vibrant whereas Duscae even at noon felt weirdly gloomy and dark:

According to the debug menu that region is Cleigne, not Duscae. But it's probably right next to it as Duscae has a lot of cars with Cleigne plates driving there.

But yeah, I assume they've made tweaks and changes as it's been 1,5 years since ED.

Koozek, you listed all summons that will be the game in your last post? I didn't read it =p

Nah, the debug menu just confirms one more (obvious) summon and hints how many there are in total.

According to the debug menu that region is Cleigne, not Duscae. But it's probably right next to it as Duscae has a lot of cars with Cleigne plates driving there.

But yeah, I assume they've made tweaks and changes as it's been 1,5 years since ED.

Nah, the debug menu just confirms one more (obvious) summon and hints how many there are in total.

Yes, not sure if it's the final number though. I'm hoping for one more!

Edit: BTW, just one thing to keep in mind, is that it seens the Summons have more than one special attack this time.

Dark_castle

Man, I really hope that Titan special mission demo isn't an accurate indication of how most major fights against larger-sized creatures play out. The hunt for the behemoth in Episode Duscae was the first red flag and left a bad taste in my mouth. Bunch of scripted "quests" and markers to follow, some trailing and hide'n'seek (what is this, Assassin's Creed?), messy fight where the enemy barely reacts to Noctis's weapon strikes, clunky camera, random parries in the form of QTE, random cutscenes and so on. Shadow of the Colossus and Dragon's Dogma is the gold standard of how to design epic, humongous boss battles, developers really need to start following the footstep.

Tyaren

Weird, it is definitely the Duscae valley. The tech demo takes place around the spot were the catoblepas of Duscae 2.0 would be located on land. You can clearly see it from the surrounding view and last but not least when Titan runs towards Noctis. From birds eye you clearly see the two distinctive lakes of the valley.
Wait a sec. This region was probably called Cleigne all along? It is just part of the wider Duscae region and was referred to as simply "Duscae" in the demo for practical reasons.

Kinda spoilery, so don't read if you don't want to know which other yet unknown summon is in the game:

As far as I know the inclusion of Shiva was heavily expected and theorized but not really confirmed (correct me if I'm wrong). But we can clearly read that she's present on that screen.

More interestingly we can see that Noct has 7 Summons in his repertoire during that segment. This could mean two things:

• There are 7 Summons in total, of which Ramuh, Titan, Shiva and Leviathan are confirmed. That makes 4 3 out of 7. If you count Carbuncle and Leviathan as well, that makes 5 out of 7. That leaves 2 to 4 Summons to still be found.
  • There are at least 7 Summons and during this demonstration Noct simply doesn't have all the spells, weapons, abilities, and Summons in his repertoire. There might be a few more Summons out there which are either not finished, or simply not included in that "7" that Noct has during this demo.

Either way, I'm already very pleased with knowing there's at least 7. That might not be as much as certain older FF's, but Tabata had already confirmed that there wouldn't be a lot. I was afraid that would mean about 4 or 5, so 7 is already a decent amount. Especially considering they're big deals to acquire and to Summon. They're not simply random spells and abilities you can use nilly willy.

The YouTube link doesn't work for me, is he talking about the Sigraph video?

Styles

Ugh, they need to give us the option to turn off the Vignette filter, or at the very least tone it down, because it is really distracting

Tyaren

Ugh, they need to give us the option to turn off the Vignette filter, or at the very least tone it down, because it is really distracting

Isn't it gone? Haven't seen it in any media outside of the Duscae demo for a while now. The picture seems much brighter and clearer.

Koozek

The YouTube link doesn't work for me, is he talking about the Sigraph video?

Yeah, I fixed the link.

Hm, Tabata explicitly said they would remove it after complaints after Episode Duscae. I haven't noticed it anymore since. You sure?

Styles

Yeah, I fixed the link.

Hm, Tabata explicitly said they would remove it after complaints after Episode Duscae. I haven't noticed it anymore since. You sure?

I was just going off of the screenshot above. Good to know that it will be removed from the game!

artsi

Weird, it is definitely the Duscae valley. The tech demo takes place around the spot were the catoblepas of Duscae 2.0 would be located on land. You can clearly see it from the surrounding view and last but not least when Titan runs towards Noctis. From birds eye you clearly see the two distinctive lakes of the valley.
Wait a sec. This region was probably called Cleigne all along? It is just part of the wider Duscae region and was referred to as simply "Duscae" in the demo for practical reasons.

If it's that then yeah Cleigne is the more specific area, Duscae is definitely a wider region that spans Lestallum and other places.

(in another dev video they categorize areas as "du_le" for Lestallum, for example)

chozen

I don't know if Carbuncle counts as one of Actual summons.

You get it from the plat demo optionally, that list doesn't show his name and
Tabata says something here that doesn't make sense to me

https://youtu.be/wn0fPHWfHw8?t=185

3:05 to 3:37ish he has a small talk about summons. Says there are loads more of cute small ones?
Are there seperate cateogies for Large ones and a smaller ones?

Nomura talked about this as well, summons having rankings back when FFXV was revealed.

3:05 to 3:37ish he has a small talk about summons. Says there are loads more of cute small ones?

Seems like he's going to show Levi at gamescom, to bad I'm already on blackout til release.

I mean you got shiva size summons to consider.

Philippo

I am shocked i tell you, SHOCKED.

It's going to be 8 or 9, not counting Carbuncle.

Nomura talked about this as well, summons having rankings back when FFXV was revealed.

Maybe we can only summon those low ranking summons in dungeons? Because I don't know how Ramuh and the others will fit in a dungeon lol

Those animations are so damn sick I love it. Best character animations yet if you ask me.

Only two more months and I really sure hope we get to see some footage of both console versions soon now.

Scrawnton

Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but outside of platinum demo an Duscae, is there ANY footage of this engine running legitimately on a PS4 or are they still hiding things behind a PC build of it? Because with this game releasing in two months, it's crazy people haven't been hands on yet with an actual release demo.

Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but outside of platinum demo an Duscae, is there ANY footage of this engine running legitimately on a PS4 or are they still hiding things behind a PC build of it? Because with this game releasing in two months, it's crazy people haven't been hands on yet with an actual release demo.

I'm pretty sure the E3 demos were running on consoles.

The list of monsters in that area also differ slightly from the one listed previously:

- Garula
- Dual Horn
- Aspidochelon
- Couerl
- Toutetsu
- Kyuki
- Konton
- Mushufushu
- Garm
- Mesmerize
- Bicorn
- Anak
- Bushfire
- Sahagin
- Seadevil
- Gigantoad
- Alligator
- Catoblepas
- Kujata
- Black Chocobo
- Cockatrice

Googling some of the mythology behind some of the names, it's interesting to see some of them actually appear in the Shin Megami Tensei games. Might also give you an idea of what kind of form they will be taking in the game.

The titan demo was playable on a Xbox One or PS4 at E3.

oimori

Did that demo display any of the open world stuff? I remember Duscae running much better in the cave and when battling behemoth but being much shakier (and blurrier) when in the more open environment.

nope, E3 demo was closed area, though it is obviously wider than Duscae cave and maintaining a lot of things like Titan and many Magitek Soldiers.

In addition, Tabata said this was running on PS4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUmFz-GsvW0

Koozek

Man...game is really beautiful. Framerate seems great

So many Garulas....

If this is the quality of graphics we're getting at release (at a stable frame rate of course) then I'm down with that.

Looking good!
From Mognet's @ChingleeTribal:
According to the article from 4gamer that goes along with the video, the demo is running on a PC packing an i7-5820k and a GTX980Ti. The game will have improvements on the consoles version but will likely won't look as good or run as well as shown in that video.​

benzy

Titan demo and the Pax Prime driving video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMRuQMJ8OPs&t=46m22s

From Mognet's @ChingleeTribal:
According to the article from 4gamer that goes along with the video, the demo is running on a PC packing an i7-5820k and a GTX980Ti. The game will have improvements on the consoles version but will likely won't look as good or run as well as shown in that video.

Is that his guess or is it actually stated in the article? I only see them mentioning the PC specs, in which case a powerful PC would be needed for entering debugging and do stuff like quickly transitioning between time of day in real-time. We even see the framerate dip in sections when they went into debug mode.

"It should be noted that the present work is at the moment, but I PlayStation for 4 and for Xbox One is to be released, was used in the demonstration is a Windows PC for development. By the way of demonstration machine specifications, CPU is "Core i7-5820K", the graphics card is " GeForce GTX 980 Ti " with card, main memory was that of a PC4-21300 DDR4-SDRAM 8GB × 4."

"Here, if the staff to operate the debug screen again, the surface becomes green, black in the center of the screen a hole. Frame rate has been significantly reduced, but this is, but because this debug screen is very heavy."​

Koozek

Titan demo and the Pax Prime driving video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMRuQMJ8OPs&t=46m22s

Is that his guess or is it actually stated in the article? I only see them mentioning the PC specs, in which case a powerful PC would be needed for entering debugging and do stuff like quickly transitioning between time of day in real-time. We even see the framerate dip in sections when they went into debug mode.

"It should be noted that the present work is at the moment, but I PlayStation for 4 and for Xbox One is to be released, was used in the demonstration is a Windows PC for development. By the way of demonstration machine specifications, CPU is "Core i7-5820K", the graphics card is " GeForce GTX 980 Ti " with card, main memory was that of a PC4-21300 DDR4-SDRAM 8GB × 4."

"Here, if the staff to operate the debug screen again, the surface becomes green, black in the center of the screen a hole. Frame rate has been significantly reduced, but this is, but because this debug screen is very heavy."

That part was the poster's personal assessment, not from the article. But I don't think it will look like that either. Though that video isn't really direct-feed and compressed heavily (at least when I watched it today) so I can't really judge.

artsi

They did mention in one talk that the Luminous engine has advanced technology like LPV (light propagation volumes) that has been disabled in console builds for performance reasons. All those bells and whistles most likely were enabled in these SIGGRAPH videos, as they were made to showcase Luminous.

The game is going to look good, but common sense says not as good as a PC build with everything enabled.

Top Bottom