• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SIGGRAPH 2016 Tech Talk and Presentations

Exentryk

Idk why, but I've been seeing this Trailer for this game floating around twitter and 4chan,

https://youtu.be/z5El-yYNUwU?list=LL0-SPDeUfAUWkmqItsV3ilw&t=144

It's supposedly made by 1 guy using Unreal engine 4 and even though the gameplay looks shaky and have to give the guy credit.

Graphically it just looks good, and IDK if my eyes are deceiving me it looks up to par or better than these pics, maybe it's just Duscae that looks really boring..?

If that ever releases as a full game, I'll be all over it. It looks amazing, and it's insane that one person made it.

Koozek

If that ever releases as a full game, I'll be all over it. It looks amazing, and it's insane that one person made it.

Doubt it:

He just posted this on his FB page.

Hello everyone, thanks a lot for supporting me so much, I'm really glad to see that people like it. I have been working on it in full time for two years and feeding myself by doing freelance things, and actually my plan was to release the trailer at the end of fulltime development and find a full time job then continue it in part time with a really slow speed, maybe ten years or more.

My plan should disappoint you but by that way I can be less stressful, It's kind of selfish but just as Kazer said in the end scene, it's just for saving myself. I really haven't expected there are so many people like it which makes me hesitate to do as I planned. Actually a bit stressful right now.

This may disappoint you but I can't tell a lie that the game will come out in another 2 years. Maybe there will be some opportunity in the future allowing me to finish it within a team or in full time. But right now I'm tired and want a rest.

Sorry to disappoint you guys, and thank you again for encouragement.

There will be updates though.

Thank you again.​

Edited wherever needed. Seems like a very passionate guy.

giphy.gif

Mmm, sky looks so much better here than in Duscae. That weird flat bloomy look during day was my biggest visual complaint in Duscae.

Some of you guys gotta chill on the expectation that XV will look close to that PC footage. With that said I'm not saying it's going to look bad, hell it can be the best looking open world game on consoles to date! But for the love of God have some realistic expectations.

All it needs is to look like duscae with some minor improvements and a stable performance.

Haha, it's cute you guys think that gif above is from the PS4 version.

Zero chance.

I would at least hope it is close. The Paris Week footage of 2014 still looks quite a lot more impressive than this dev environment footage in relation to lighting and vegetation. That and more is what a high quality PC version would look like. This here is probably just a cleaned up console version with little added.

Tyaren

Haha, it's cute you guys think that gif above is from the PS4 version.

No one thinks that. We all know for a fact that this ran on PC.

Mmm, sky looks so much better here than in Duscae. That weird flat bloomy look during day was my biggest visual complaint in Duscae.

They cut any changes in cloud density or shape or differing weather for Duscae. That will all be in in the final game though.

Koozek

That's great - the whole "weather is used for storytelling" thing is awesome I think.

I have this image in my head of a huge battle against, I don't know, Bahamut or so, in a wide, empty field where suddenly the clouds turn dark and gather above you dynamically like a tornado forming and the sky's color changes to something red and dark... it's looks spectactular in my mind :D

A bit like this:
Lightning%20Red%20Sky.jpg

163981459.jpg

R3birthFl4me

Neo Member
1st phase of the battle you fight Bahamut with the airship in the sky, then on the 2nd phase he drops to the ground from all the damage and Noctis gets to the front of the airship while still in the air and teleports to his face and then the fight continues. The rest of the boys give air support from the ship. Prompto summons a gatling gun. : )

Philippo

I have this image in my head of a huge battle against, I don't know, Bahamut or so, in a wide, empty field where suddenly the clouds turn dark and gather above you dynamically like a tornado forming and the sky's color changes to something red and dark... it's looks spectactular in my mind :D

A bit like this:

163981459.jpg

1st phase of the battle you fight Bahamut with the airship in the sky, then on the 2nd phase he drops to the ground from all the damage and Noctis gets to the front of the airship while still in the air and teleports to his face and then the fight continues. The rest of the boys give air support from the ship. Prompto summons a gatling gun. : )

Fuck, this is pretty much how i envisoned it too, XV-Gaf is a hive-mind.
Also, can't wait to see the sky when Red Moon kicks in.

A bit like this:

163981459.jpg

Straight up -- stuff like this would be fantastic.

Even w/ the underwhelming sky, when you summon Ramuh out on the open plain in Duscae, and the clouds gather and the lightning starts up before he pops, it's enough to inspire a few goose bumps.

Toth

Reading the No Man's Sky thread, I just realized that not only is the game going gold in about a month but review copies will be sent out in less than 5-6 weeks....Wowzers.

mortal

Gold Member
Might've been posted before, but noticed in the Siggraph demo that Noctis inspects his arm to see if it started to rain, nice attention to detail.
Y9J2GWf.gif

That's cool. Very humanizing little nuances, makes for better immersion too.

@RedMakuzawa
A fan asked the FFXV team if Nomura can come to the big launch event in Japan and they said they'll send a request. That would be cool.

I hope he shows up ;_; man he deserves it but I wonder if he will accept the invite.

A bit OT but Justice monsters five launches this month and we get a brand new brotherhood episode! My money is that it's probably related to Ignis. Word of advice to everyone going on a blackout would be smart because I'm sure Tabata going to go ham on gamescom... My guess he's going to show of the Levi segment.

Whompa02

I'm honored to be the 247th view to a video that honestly showed nothing worth talking about.

@RedMakuzawa
A fan asked the FFXV team if Nomura can come to the big launch event in Japan and they said they'll send a request. That would be cool.

Would love to hear him talk about his process in developing the original concept for XV. Would be some nice closure to the entire decade long trip we've all been through.

Koozek

I hope he comes on stage, says "Fuck Fainaru Fantajī Fifutīn", drops the mic, and leaves.
Harnessing his burning anger.

Samimista

Will he want to go though?

Well, at the very least Nomura will get an invite. If he declines, it's understandable.

Though, I would love to see him and Tabata partying it out together.

I hope he comes on stage, says "Fuck Fainaru Fantajī Fifutīn", drops the mic, and leaves.
Harnessing his burning anger.

Lol, was gonna make a joke about your spoiler before the post edit.

Toth

It will be delayed, mark my words. Announcement at gamescom.

Why think this? They would cut any unfinished content for dlc if they had to. After all that hullabaloo with Uncovered and the release of Kingsglaive, it would be critical and financial suicide.

Well, at the very least Nomura will get an invite. If he declines, it's understandable.

Though, I would love to see him and Tabata partying it out together.

That would be nice to see! Besides he can always use Noctis for KH's games just like squall always appears.

Why think this? They would cut any finished content for dlc if they had to. After all that hullabaloo with Uncovered and the release of Kingsglaive, it would be critical and financial suicide.

It's a meme he still in shock that the game is coming out next month.

Samimista

That would be nice to see! Besides he can always use Noctis for KH's games just like squall always appears.

Yeah. :)

To be honest, I would love to see Noctis and Lightning have a scene together in KH III. I'm not really a fan of Light, but I just think it would be cool since Versus XIII and XIII were once connected with the FNC.

Also, can't believe XV releases next month. Wake me up when September ends.

Top Bottom