• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Switch hinted

Which is it?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neo-Ryudo

Why is the Windows 10 logo there?

(I guess because it's also coming to Windows 10, but does mean my PC, or some mobile version?)

Yeah most likely, alot of mobile games have been coming to Windows recently, Mobius, Terra Battle/ Terra Battle 2 etc.

From watching that video the pocket edition runs about as smooth as the Ps4 version XD

Neo-Ryudo

All 10 episodes will be available from Day 1 & the 1st episode will be available for free when #FFXVPocketEdition releases later this year!

Niosai

Honestly, I'd welcome a downgraded version of FFXV for Switch. I'm talking the full, entire, feature-complete game with downgraded visuals. It honestly doesn't seem like it's outside the realm of absurd possibility for Tabata. If it's the mobile version that was just announced, that'd be fine too.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What is Pocket Edition? I must have missed it
xDtGV9l.jpg

https://youtu.be/Tus-gOVXg_E

Mediking

Honestly, I'd welcome a downgraded version of FFXV for Switch. I'm talking the full, entire, feature-complete game with downgraded visuals. It honestly doesn't seem like it's outside the realm of absurd possibility for Tabata. If it's the mobile version that was just announced, that'd be fine too.

*shakes your hand in respect*

Thank you.

AAMARMO

Banned
If so I do hope they fixed Luminous engine to make the game stable. I could see a spin-off coming to switch and other platforms running in U4.

kami_sama

Well, I think the mobile version is a little too downgraded. But yeah, a less graphical intensive switch version would be ok with me.

Galava

Yeah, a downgraded version is realistic. They've been working with nvidia for the pc version, and the switch uses an nvidia chip. I'm sure they thought of some optimizations and "nice" downgrades to put it on switch.

True Fire

TBH the mobile version with upgraded graphics might even be best case scenario. You get the full story without any gross graphics hiccups.

Now to find a food toaster haha! In all seriousness though I'd probably still try tonfet the best of the best.

I had a really weak laptop from 8 years ago when I was in university and it ran the Last Remnant. Pretty much any computer with a graphics card from the last 5 years will run this game no sweat.

Now to find a toaster haha! In all seriousness though I'd probably still try to buy the best of the best.
???!
I had a really weak laptop from 8 years ago when I was in university and it ran the Last Remnant. Pretty much any computer with a graphics card from the last 5 years will run this game no sweat.
Yeah you have a good point. It'd be nice to have it on consoles though since that's my main area.

JP

I suppose it would be good for some people if it did happen but I'm not sure it's such a good idea, The Xbox and PS4 Pro struggle with the game so I'm really convinced that it would be a worthwhile experience on something like the Switch, unless it was essentially a new game.

mclem

If this would happen, really curious how much they'd have to sacrifice to get it running.

I suspect it'd be really smart for their tech guys to have a chat with Monolithsoft's.

You're probably going to lower detail fairly significantly, but from what I've seen of the FFXV world, I think the scale is achievable when compared with the Xenoblade family.

I don't think it's going to be the PS4/XB1/PC version of the game downgraded.

I would absolutely love it if it was and would buy it but I think it's going to be something else.

Maybe it is the Pocket Edition. Maybe it's still something different.

Now the real question is: how long do we have to wait until we see the game? From their talking it sounds like it could take a while till we see something.
But on the other hand: would they really tease a game years in advance...?

Top Bottom