• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Nintendo Power cover revealed

Hero

"Their"? Nintendo hasn't run Nintendo Power in years, though.

Can't speak for the poster you quoted but I imagine he meant that even for Nintendo Power's final issue after 25 years, Nintendo themselves couldn't give the magazine an awesome exclusive something or other. Regardless of if that's what he meant, that's how I feel!

Saw the cover and thought it looked kinda bad and hopefully just a reference to something... and then I scrolled down to see the original cover.

:)

:(

FoneBone

"Their"? Nintendo hasn't run Nintendo Power in years, though.

"Their" meaning Nintendo Power, I'm well aware who was publishing it.

Can't speak for the poster you quoted but I imagine he meant that even for Nintendo Power's final issue after 25 years, Nintendo themselves couldn't give the magazine an awesome exclusive something or other. Regardless of if that's what he meant, that's how I feel!

Yup.

Then again, have the official Playstation or Xbox magazines broken big exclusives anytime in the past few years?

Roo

Goodbye old friend.
ash_butterfree_dp099.png

Man, don't do this
3m3OV.gif

The Lamp

The worst part is when I'm going to be old and telling people "remember Nintendo Power? No?...Oh....well it was this magazine--"

:(

RPGCrazied

I still don't understand why Nintendo Power stopped. They have a new console, a fairly new handheld. Is printing paper that expensive? All they have now is Nintendo Direct to get news out? Not everyone has an internet connection, and the magazine is all they could get. Odd choice. Specially since how old the magazine is.

I don't understand how some magazine's can still be in print. Golf? But not Nintendo Power?

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Just to repeat myself since I sorta got buried on the previous page:

Huge, huge props to sculptor Leslie Levings (and to Bill Mudron for introducing me to her work).

Leslie really deserves the praise for this cover.

Great homage on the cover, but it's also a sad reminder of how little Nintendo itself gave a damn. No big exclusives, even for their very last issue.
Without going into too much detail (since I can't), Nintendo was extremely awesome regarding the demise of the magazine. Without Nintendo's help, I doubt we would have even had a proper final issue.

Anyone know when this issue will be available in stores? I'll be sure to pick up a copy whenever it goes out.
December 11th.

Odrion

Banned
Round, it always comes around again
We've comearound but...
Here we go round again
Round, we always go around again
But here we've come around again
Again, round and round, round

Effect

Just to repeat myself since I sorta got buried on the previous page:

Huge, huge props to sculptor Leslie Levings (and to Bill Mudron for introducing me to her work).

Leslie really deserves the praise for this cover.

Without going into too much detail (since I can't), Nintendo was extremely awesome regarding the demise of the magazine. Without Nintendo's help, I doubt we would have even had a proper final issue.

Cool. the sculptures are really nice.

Glad Nintendo did have a hand in things.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Will this be the subscriber cover as well? I couldn't imagine having a different cover than this beauty. (Unless it was a hardcover!)

Either way, I'll be buying a bunch of issues to save for the future.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Now I wish New Super Mario Brothers U looked like that, you know, clay-formed models.

Rootbeer

Banned
Very awesome.

Thanks for all the memories, Nintendo Power. It didn't have to end this way. Should have pushed more into digital while you had the chance.

Balb

Very awesome.

Thanks for all the memories, Nintendo Power. It didn't have to end this way. Should have pushed more into digital while you had the chance.

These digital initiatives by magazines have really been underwhelming in my opinion.

Buying this NP day 1. Incredible.

Surely Reggie can afford a spare million or two to keep the magazine alive. Sheesh.

Great homage on the cover, but it's also a sad reminder of how little Nintendo itself gave a damn. No big exclusives, even for their very last issue.

Yep, apparently.

It's sad, but the internet is killing lots of print media and Nintendo seemed to stop giving a shit about the magazine. I guess it's not even worth the effort to keep the brand going online or a feature channel/app on the WiiU. Even MS killed off their community content they had on the 360 dashboard.

It's all about GameStop funded GameInformer exclusives or gaming blogs now I guess.

I still don't understand why Nintendo Power stopped. They have a new console, a fairly new handheld. Is printing paper that expensive? All they have now is Nintendo Direct to get news out? Not everyone has an internet connection, and the magazine is all they could get. Odd choice. Specially since how old the magazine is.

I don't understand how some magazine's can still be in print. Golf? But not Nintendo Power?

Nintendo does not have anything to do with Nintendo Power.

Top Bottom