• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Nintendo Power cover revealed

That's awesome. Going to have to go out and grab a copy. I subbed many many years ago, from issue 48 to 100-something, I think they might even still be around in some box. Dem feels.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's not as good as this cover though. This should have been the final issue:

np711cover.jpg

Sonic Generations 3DS sucked though.

This cover advertises a good game, New Super Mario Brothers U! :)

StAidan

Incredible. Couldn't have had a more fitting cover.

All my old NPs from the early days are still sitting on a shelf right behind me. Can't wait to get this one final delivery.

And that flag pole. Man...

:(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I need to pour one out when I pick up my issue. But one what, I don't know. Any suggestions?

thomasos

I'm so glad that everyone digs the cover; some of these responses are hitting me pretty hard.

Just to assuage subscribers: you'll get the exact same cover, minus the barcode (so even better).

IrishNinja

Drsgd.jpg

sad to see you go, damn sure glad you came - one of my favorites of all time. much love to Phil & co for keeping the quality coming so long as well.

VICI0US

Right in the feels.

I miss the pre-internet days when gaming mags were the source of all gaming info. I don't think I've ever been--or ever will be again--as hyped for a game as I was for Ocarina of Time back in the 90s, thanks largely to Nintendo Power's constant coverage.

I can still remember opening that gold cart on christmas morning and playing the game for hours and hours on end.

My room was also decorated in posters courtesy of Nintendo Power

You guys had a great run and I'm sad to see you go.

Whats the best way to get this if I'm not subscribed? Just walk into a Walmart and hope that they have it? Keep in mind that I don't have a credit card.

Really awesome throwback. Gotta get this no matter what.

Olaeh

Sad indeed :(

I wonder if those Nintendo Power posters I was looking at on ebay the other day will skyrocket in price soon.

revolverjgw said:
Only Sega does Blast Publishing. Slow-ass Nintendo Power with their inferior posters is for dweebs.
You'll note it says "pull-out poster!" on the cover.

chixdiggit

Damn, Sad times. I have no interest in reading Nintendo Power any more but I would totally fork over for a subscription if it meant keeping it going.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm going to have to find a way to pick this up. My subscription sadly ended before the final issue but after they announced its cancellation (hence they wouldn't let me resubscribe)

d1rtn4p

Still remember tearing through the first issue... I was 9 years old. I remember how ravenous I was to get my hands on Super Mario Bros 2. I swore to myself I would rip up every weed before finishing the game.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Amazing, such a perfect send off. Definitely gonna pick this up.

Vibed

Although I was never old enough to have owned the original issue, this seriously hits home man. Such nostalgia of younger days...

I remember when I saw an issue in a store, and I begged my mom to give me a subscription. It became my number one source of news for quite a few years.

All of my emotions just want to burst right now.

corn_fest

It's really cool that they were able to do a tribute cover like that instead of the last issue just being some random game. It provides some sort of closure.

Megatron

I must have this. Curious to see the top games of all time list too. They can go batcrap crazy if they want, call Mario Sunshine and Zelda Windwaker the best games of all time, because who are you going to complain to?

Top Bottom