• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Nintendo Power cover revealed

Izick

m1C1E.gif

JazzmanZ

Thanks for the Memories Nintendo Power.
My first issue was the Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire one, since then I've been a real subscriber to the magazine.

You'll be missed.

MisterHero

It was neat they were reprinting Fun Club booklets in the last few issues.

They kinda died for me when they stopped doing Player's Guides. Before the Internet, they would have all sorts of artwork that didn't appear in the game, and I'd always enjoy them for that. EarthBound's was worth reading even if you didn't have the game.

Maybe someday soon a successor might appear and Nintendo might prosper to fill it with content. That would be fun.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
By the way, all of you folks who are getting misty-eyed over the cover had better brace yourself for the last couple pages of the issue.

Just sayin'.

TreIII

.... *sniff*

Such a big part of my childhood. And hey, my parents were glad it was another avenue that got me reading!

My brother is a good 8 years older than I am, so he had a pretty large collection of Nintendo Power, and as a kid, I remember I use to read them all the time. Just for the heck of it. I also met my best friend of 19 years because I brought the Castlevania Nintendo Power cover to school and he came up to me and asked me about it. And we started looking at the pictures together.

So long, Nintendo Power. Oh, and world - stop killing my childhood. K thx bye.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Who will stitch together screenshots of Ducktales levels now.

I would read Nintendo Power at the local supermarket because growing up my parents couldnt spare the money to get it for me. Ive had a subscription for the past 2 years now that im living on my own and I can afford it. This bums me out so much :(. I plan on framing it

WOW. Mindblowingly awesome and oh so perfectly appropriate cover. I can't wait to set it next to my copy of issue 1. Looks like they're going out with a bang.

As a 15 years+ subscriber, I remember calling all of my friends every time I received a new issue to read them all the latest news during the SNES era.

Thanks for the memories :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Awesome cover. I still have my SMB2 cover somewhere.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Oh man this is sad. :( Got rid of mine a long time ago. I remember getting a subscription and a free copy of some thing called a role playing game FOR FREE. Dragon Warrior. Pretty sure my first issue was the one with Joker on the cover.

I need to put together a Nintendo goodbye album with all of the best sad/credit music from Nintendo games to listen to when I read it for the first and last time.

GhostSeed

The early issues of Nintendo Powers were pretty much summed up my childhood print form. I hope everyone at NP magazine lands on their feet. I'll be buying 2 copies of the final issue so I can hang one of the posters up. :)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I have about 4 years worth of Nintendo Power, good times. Will definitely pick this last issue up.

Top Bottom