• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Nintendo Power cover revealed

MrDaravon

Amazing. I need this so bad.

If I can I will try to get extras for people, but no idea what the local situation will be on these.

PogiJones

Banned
I need to pour one out when I pick up my issue. But one what, I don't know. Any suggestions?

Same as you did when you picked up the first issue: Kool-aid.

Yell up the stairs for your mom to mix it for you and bring it down in a cold glass with ice cubes.

:(

IceMarker

I've been reading NP for over a decade and it's really sad to see this go. The cover is perfect.

With the advent of the internet this was bound to happen. I will cherish my final issue. :(

Zeal

Banned
Bravo. I honestly thought they would do this, but it's amazing when you actually see it. I have the first issue sealed up in plastic, and I will slip this in there on the reverse side. 25 years of an awesome mag.

Even though I'm a grown man now and my taste in gaming has changed completely, I guess I will always have a soft spot in my cold, jaded heart for Nintendo. I miss those simple days of gaming more than ever now.

Lothar

Banned
I haven't looked at a Nintendo Power in 10 years, but I have the first 100 issues. I've been getting them ever since I started subscribing with the second volume in 1988.

How utterly fucking depressing.

All of my issues are in horrible condition since I took them everywhere as a kid. A majority of them either have torn or missing covers. Over the years, I thought long about burning all my old issues. Now I wish I had replaced them. They're probably too expensive to do so now.

Relive Nintendo Power memories with this AVGN video. Even if you've seen it before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegQI9WM6mk

Gorgeous.

It's really sad to see it go. Only the Diehard GameFan and GameGO! cancellations compare to me. I have a lot of great memories from Nintendo Power.

Especially those Zelda and Mario comics.

:(

pirata

Man, that's perfect. Really sad to see it go. It was like this constant, like it was always supposed to be there. Man, what a drag.

I might just try to pick this up.

Snakeyes

It's always sad to see a longtime publication you grew up with fade away. Hopefully the team will be able to quickly find a new home for their talents. :(

Gomu Gomu

Whoever came up with the concept is brilliant. The homage, the pole, the statement it makes and everything about that cover is just perfect.

kiryogi

Banned
Makes me wish I took better care of my latter Nintendo Powers... but they're all in storage somewhere. Will definitely have to pick this issue up.

Vespene

aa9fb586_j1Hkz.png

stn

Used to be subscribed to NP as a kid, fun times waiting for my mag in the mail. Sucks to see this but I haven't even supported Nintendo in years.

Surprisingly classy final cover. Putting aside a few bum middle years Nintendo Power was actually a decent rag. Print has been in decline for ages, so no surprises about them having to shutter. Still kinda sad. RIP.

What a beautiful homage.
Im sad even if not an american that could get the magazine because it was pretty well known in the world to know its history of videogames. When I was in new York and went to Nintendo World I bought one of the issues. To bad it couldnt be the final one becuase it a piece of history.

radcliff

I remember being disappointed when I got the first issue because I had subscrbed to the Nintendo Fun Club and got this instead. Then I read it and was hooked. My friends and I would pour over every issue for strategies and codes. There would always be this anticipation when I opened the mail that another issue would be waiting for me. I let my subscription end towards the later years of the NES days as I became a Genesis player, but when their SNES coverage started, I had to have it! The games looked so colorful and fun, and I liked how NP would be able to get you past the first few levels. I let my subscription end during the N64 days as there wasn't much to report on and I got a PSX. When I got a GCN, I got another sub due to the Super Mario Sunshine deal where you got the game, strat guide, and magazine for only $10 more than the price of the game. I have kept my supsriction ever since. While I agree NP became somewhat redundant when Nintendo gave the magazine over, I still felt it was necessacy reading as most other gaming publications don't provide much Nintendo coverage, especially on some of the niche titles. I am sad to see this go. Suddenly, opening the mail just got a little less fun.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
God damn, I'll definitely have to pick this up... Nintendo Power was such a big part of my childhood and it sucks to see them go.

I found a local Play N Trade that had a ton of mid 90's Nintendo Powers for $10 each. A bit expensive but they had some good issues, the one with SOM on the cover, another one with an interview with Shigesato Itoi.

Top Bottom