• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final predictions for how Mario + Rabbids will turn out! What are you hoping to see?

suicreeps

Expecting sonic tier 4th wall jokes and a decent game at least. Hoping it's long enough for full enjoyment but I'm most likely going to get it. Hoping people still buy mario even if it's from a 3rd party and in a fairly small genre, but we will see soon enough.

Platy

I am hoping to see Rayman as a secret character that is the super misterious rabbid hunter.

I even did a quick sketch of that ...

Here is the sketch :

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZR72QMw.jpg[/IMG]

Would be awesome if the is a Vincent Valentine joke .... like he is angry and all emo because the rabbids stole his game

I'm expecting it'll do a lot better critically than most think, like high 80s low 90s, and sell decently but not crazily. 3-4m LTD or so I'd bet.

I'm not seeing the same thing as the people who have been commenting on the lack of variety, just based on the most recent trailer at least. It looks like a huge variety in terms of gameplay mechanics, enemies and environments.

Iscariot

I'm hopeful for it. The presentation looks great, and it seems to have legit additions to the template that XCOM made (that also use the Mario universe well).

I am also getting the X2 expansion pack, so it'll be interesting to bounce between the two.

neoemonk

I am honestly excited for it. Any excuse to play my Switch a little more, and I'm tired of getting my ass kicked in Splatoon 2.

Caponetone

Neo Member
Feel like it will have a MC range between 84-86. Will be a fun game but probably not have much replayability. I think it will probably get knocks for the exploration portion of the game being bland.

My main concern is the gameplay, I hope it will have some deepness, but i also plan on the simplicity to make my wife playing it (she non gamer, recently in a Mario Kart frenzy)

hotcyder

Rabbid Donkey Kong has me hoping for Rabbid versions of other Mario Characters and Villians. I think a Rabbid Bowser has to be on the cards - and I can't wait to see what he looks like.

The gameplay I know is going to be a done deal - so however they can add twist and turns to the narrative and maybe any new gimmicks per level, I can't wait.

I don't traditionally play games like this, so I'm hoping that the gameplay will hook me. I really like Ubisoft and love the look of this game too much to skip on it. I'm expecting reviews to be high 80's-low 90's on average with the normal outliers.

Oersted

I can quote a preview based on the almost finished version

-its tactically challenging, while still very accessible

- easy to control, bit less so with one joycon only but I guess that can be expected

- you can't rely on sheer numbers and stats, have to take areas, plattforms etc into consideration

-well made coop

-very satisfying, in particular when you pulled off a great team move

I can quote a preview based on the almost finished version

-its tactically challenging, while still very accessible

- easy to control, bit less so with one joycon only but I guess that can be expected

- you can't rely on sheer numbers and stats, have to take areas, plattforms etc into consideration

-well made coop

-very satisfying, in particular when you pulled off a great team move

Nice

Dyle

I expect it to be really well received, coming in at MC 85. I'm sure tons of gags/jokes from the game will flood the internet for a week or two, although hopefully not selfie Peach rabbid

Also minons should come out of nowhere to be the real villains in the last mission, imagine a whole army of minons controlling a giant robot Bowser and every single Mario and Rabbids character you fought against throughout the game coming to your aid and uniting against the ultimate evil

Oersted

I'm pretty much sold on everything about this game except for the question mark that what you do in between battles. If it's just going from battle to battle with nothing to do during the journey, that may be a deal breaker for me.

Apparently there are environmental puzzles to solve. I think we've seen a few examples, like rotating and connecting pipes to form pathways to move forward.

It also sounds like you can find treasures to help you upgrade your characters, and "secret zones" (whatever those are). Also easter eggs you can examine.

Neiteio is right. There is puzzle solving, riddles, chests to discover and minigames. And talking with NPCs of course

Neiteio

GameXplain's preview is a bit difficult to parse. Derrick generally praises the gameplay, the depth and variety, the art direction, the humor, and the merging of these two franchises... but also says the game hasn't fully clicked for him yet, albeit he's a bit non-specific why.

He notes some technical issues, like animations that sometimes start abruptly or protracted stutters going from one area to the next (sometimes), and he wishes the camera gave you more vertical control during field exploration, and he finds Kirkhope's soundtrack to be a bit forgettable. Those all seem like valid critiques, and relatively minor quibbles in the grand scheme of things.

I'll be interested to see where he ultimately settles on this game. On paper, most of what he's saying sounds like praise, but the tone of his voice strikes me as a bit conflicted.

Top Bottom