• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally: Freeloader for Wii

Chao

aparisi2274 said:
Here is the link to codejunkies.com shop where you can buy this thing...

http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/Wii-FreeLoader__EF000593.aspx

wii-free-loader-medium.jpg

So it's legit then? Whoa that's a relief, thank you man.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Will this be debunked again or can people restart posting the happy gifs?

But seriously, this is good news. I can't bear to see my PAL friends crying anymore.

Link Man

Banned
codejunkies said:
This is the one you’ve all been waiting for! Wii FreeLoader lets you play ANY region of Wii or GameCube game on your Nintendo Wii! At last, you can import games from other territories and play them on your Wii…

Videogamers the world over get really frustrated when games are released in other territories long before they reach the shops in their home country, if they ever get released at all. You want to play that blockbuster survival horror which is out in Japan three months before it hits the shelves elsewhere. What about the soccer or F1 sim which only gets a European release or a gridiron football or NBL baseball game that’s never released outside the States? Or maybe you bought an imported Wii because you wanted to get it early, and you now want to play games from your own region without buying a second machine. Well, now you can. With Wii FreeLoader, you can play ANY region of game on your Wii!

Wii FreeLoader is really easy to use. Simply insert your FreeLoader disc and load it in the usual way. When the drive stops, eject the Wii FreeLoader disc and insert the game, which then loads and plays just like it would on its own region of Wii. It’s as simple as that!

Wii FreeLoader is 100% unofficial, but as it requires no modifications to your console, it does not invalidate the warranty. As well as letting you play Wii games from all regions, Wii FreeLoader also works with imported GameCube games when played on your Wii. It won’t work in a GameCube console, though – for that, you need Freeloader for GameCube, also available from Codejunkies…

Features

* Play ANY region of Wii or GameCube game on ANY Wii.
* Easy to use.
* No console modification required.
* Doesn’t invalidate warranty.
* Play games never released in your region.
* Play local games on your imported console.
* 100% unofficial.

Ghosts_MJ_GAFAv.gif

Danj

Dammit you guys, you've overloaded the Datel website with this thread. Now I can't get to the CodeJunkies UK page to get a look at it.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
If Nintendo kills this one too (like they did with the GC freeloader previously working with GC games on Wii), you will hear me scream from anywhere in the globe.

omg omg i don't know what to think.

AT first I was like :D
but then I was :(
now i'm like :|

this thread is a rollercoaster of emotions.

Please work, smash bros is now so close to my poor euro wii.

Fuu

Imagine the level of PAL win if this actually works and everyone has one by the time SSBB is released.

Link Man

Banned
Crushed said:
Hey hey hey, I was going off of what the people discussing the article were saying and showing.

oh ho ho ha ha ha and people still keep posting

your crushed dreams and tears will be like the milk of life to me

Yeah, I don't think they'll let you off too easily.

Haunted

Let's hope this one turns out to work with Firmware 3.0 and up.

Crushed said:
Hey hey hey, I was going off of what the people discussing the article were saying and showing.
A hefty ban should teach you to think for yourself!

I'm only joking around
, or am I?

I am.
Maybe.

batbeg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna jerk off two... no... THREE times. Right fucking now.
Not really.

SO FUCKING HAPPY!

near

Gold Member
Jocchan said:
If Nintendo kills this one too (like they did with the GC freeloader previously working with GC games on Wii), you will hear me scream from anywhere in the globe.

Thats the only thing preventing me from buying the Wii right now. I would just import a JP Wii but i find importing a console troublesome :|

later

So you have to put the CD in and out all the time? :(

Was this int he previous freeloaders as well? Never got one.

Haunted

One last happy gif before I go sit in the corner, anxiously awaiting confirmation.

FatGuyLovein.gif

radioheadrule83 said:
I know no-one of importance at Nintendo is reading but:

NINTENDO, DO NOT FUCKING BLOCK THIS IN THE NEXT UPDATE.
FW Updates are not mandatory, though.

Gagaman

Most up and down topic ever. No one knows what to believe, not helped by Crushed linking to a previous "For Gamecube but compatible with Wii" version, which I had until Nintendo firmwared it out.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
As much as I'd get this to play Brawl early, just being able to play all my old US Gamecube games again would be bliss!

batbeg

later said:
So you have to put the CD in and out all the time? :(

Was this int he previous freeloaders as well? Never got one.

Wah fucking wah.

I can finally finish my damn Baten Kaitos Origins! I can buy the definitive No More Heroes! Me and my brother can play eachothers games when we visit eachother across the pond!

OH SWEET JESUS YES!

Gagaman

I actually sold all my American Gamecube games off (including Alien Hominid, but not a lot else) when they blocked the previous version. Most American Gamecube games can run at 480p too, right? Hmm...I'll wait on this until we know for sure that Nintendo can NOT block it. The disadvantage of online consoles..

D.Lo

Jocchan said:
They probably killed the GC one to eliminate the GCN SD card based piracy. Datel would be better off eliminating the GCN compatibility here to avoid that.

Nintendo let the Freeloader exist for years on the GCN, I don't think they are too against it unless it allows piracy of some sort.

Haunted

Jaded Alyx said:
What about the ones that come preloaded on the game discs?
Ah, right, totally forgot that. I always updated the FW as soon as it came out, so the updates on the disc never did anything on my Wii.

So yeah, if this is easily fixable, Nintendo will probably kill it within a month or two. :/

Danj

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Anyone else ordering this from codejunkies right now? I don't know if I should trust it.

Can't even get to the site, let alone order anything. GAF overloaded it!

Fuu

Where's [Nintex]? His avatar will have to get happy if this actually works fine.

Top Bottom