• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally: Freeloader for Wii

Rogultgot

I just put in my US version of Sonic Mega Collection, and it runs fine although about a fifth or so of the screen is just black. I dunno if that's the freeloader, the game, the Wii, or what, but I just thought I'd bring it up.

lopaz

Banned
Rogultgot said:
I just put in my US version of Sonic Mega Collection, and it runs fine although about a fifth or so of the screen is just black. I dunno if that's the freeloader, the game, the Wii, or what, but I just thought I'd bring it up.

That's fine?

Rogultgot

Well, it's not cut off anything. It's just a bit leftover on the bottom.

EDIT: I just put in Smash Bros. Melee, and there's no black bar. I guess I'm some sort of dope?

i ordered some stuff from codejunkies in the past and after about 2-3 weeks waiting I sent an email complaint, they said it "probably got lost in the post" and 2 day later I had my stuff in the post, imo they never sent it the first time or somehow never got it sent out.

Not the best website to order from, but i'm happy to see a wii freeloader that works :D

Rogultgot said:
Well, it's not cut off anything. It's just a bit leftover on the bottom.

EDIT: I just put in Smash Bros. Melee, and there's no black bar. I guess I'm some sort of dope?

Perhaps that's because NTSC TVs have fewer lines on the screen than PAL ones.

Dascu

Alright, so NMH arrived today. Now, I was about to cancel my Codejunkies order, but seeing how they said they'd ship a new batch today, I'll be patient and hope mine will be shipped as well.

I rang the 01785 number, the operator put me through, but then came back after no-one had picked up for a minute or two and told me to ring back at 3.

Dascu

Darkflight said:
I rang the 01785 number, the operator put me through, but then came back after no-one had picked up for a minute or two and told me to ring back at 3.
Everyone at the office is too busy shipping all the Freeloader copies.

Believe.

Nocebo

Divineo shipped the freeloader today and videogamesplus shipped brawl yesterday. Also thanks to those clueing me in on videogamesplus' delivery time. This is going to be a long week. :lol Hopefully us euros will be playing US brawl this weekend!

ARGH! I SMASH YOU CODEJUNKIES! Now you ship my order, after I email you to cancel and try and ring your crappy phone number.

Damn it, I'm gonna end up with 2 copies of the freeloader now lol as my divineo order shipped right away. If only I trusted Ebay, I'd sell it. There's no-one in my work who'd want my 2nd copy as well (stupid lack of hardcore gamers here, I think I'm the only one with a Wii and the only one who's heard of Smash Bros.)

Dascu said:
Oh, my status finally changed to Paid! Seems like they're going to ship it today after all.
Protip: nobody cares about your orders. If you have it, test what you can and post it, otherwise shut the hell up. Several pages of bitching at a company's customer service department, clearly pushed to the limit in order to get this shit out for you in time for Smash.

lopaz

Banned
Visualante said:
Protip: nobody cares about your orders. If you have it, test what you can and post it, otherwise shut the hell up. Several pages of bitching at a company's customer service department, clearly pushed to the limit in order to get this shit out for you in time for Smash.

Those of us in the same boat care what's happening to others.

Dascu

Visualante said:
I'm aware of that, but it's an indication that the people at Codejunkies are doing something. At least it shows some sort of progress.

Nocebo

Visualante said:
Yes why don't YOU shut up? People care about status updates.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
1g12l2.jpg

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Okay so the retards that codejunkies are, after I cancelled my order and had been refunded..

They still shipped my freeloader!! :lol

So I guess I got that one free of charge :D

Sirolf

Mine is still with "In process/paid/unshipped".
And i've ordered one minutes after the orders were open on codejunkies.
WTF ???

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sirolf said:
Mine is still with "In process/paid/unshipped".
And i've ordered one minutes after the orders were open on codejunkies.
WTF ???
Welcome to the club :D
I'm sorry :(

webrunner

Visualante said:

To defeat the Visualante, shoot it until it dies

Wizpig

By the way, i don't really get the Europeans who buy a US Smash Bros.
-Online will be laggy
-You have to insert-switch the disc EVERY time you play the game, and it's not a 20-hours game like No More Heroes, you know?
-If Nintendo fucks the Freeloader and you have to buy Smash PAL, well, you buy TWICE the same game.
-And your saves are fucked.
Seriously, i'll wait if i were you guys. Infact, i AM "you guys", so i'll just wait.

[Nintex]

Wizpig said:
By the way, i don't really get the Europeans who buy a US Smash Bros.
-Online will be laggy
-You have to insert-switch the disc EVERY time you play the game, and it's not a 20-hours game like No More Heroes, you know?
-If Nintendo fucks the Freeloader and you have to buy Smash PAL, well, you buy TWICE the same game.
-And your saves are fucked.
Seriously, i'll wait if i were you guys. Infact, i AM "you guys", so i'll just wait.
Wait untill? june, august, september? It's Super Paper Mario all over again, but this time its their biggest title. Mario Kart looks good, but there is absolutely no reason to delay Smash Bros. Not to mention that the next game scheduled for Japan/US(Animal Crossing, Starfox, Kirby, who knows?) will be delayed as well, since you know we already got Smash Bros. Just look at NoE's schedule, it's a fucking mess, we waited 14 months for Fire Emblem. They delayed Super Paper Mario which shipped with a bug that caused the delay. Mario Party only supported 4:3 and 576i. Not to mention WiiChess, they're suddenly making their own shitty games? Last year I already thought about getting a US system, but since they didn't fuck up Super Mario Galaxy it seemed that they had changed, well they haven't.

I can rant about NoE for 4 hours straight. Friends of mine are still looking for Mario & Sonic, Super Mario Galaxy because it's sold out everywhere. Software shortages since November and nothing has changed.

Roxas

Darkflight said:
ARGH! I SMASH YOU CODEJUNKIES! Now you ship my order, after I email you to cancel and try and ring your crappy phone number.

Damn it, I'm gonna end up with 2 copies of the freeloader now lol as my divineo order shipped right away. If only I trusted Ebay, I'd sell it. There's no-one in my work who'd want my 2nd copy as well (stupid lack of hardcore gamers here, I think I'm the only one with a Wii and the only one who's heard of Smash Bros.)

If your selling, im interested. How much would you sell for?

Wizpig

[Nintex] said:
Wait untill? june, august, september? It's Super Paper Mario all over again, but this time its their biggest title. Mario Kart looks good, but there is absolutely no reason to delay Smash Bros. Not to mention that the next game scheduled for Japan/US(Animal Crossing, Starfox, Kirby, who knows?) will be delayed as well, since you know we already got Smash Bros. Just look at NoE's schedule, it's a fucking mess, we waited 14 months for Fire Emblem. They delayed Super Paper Mario which shipped with a bug that caused the delay. Mario Party only supported 4:3 and 576i. Not to mention WiiChess, they're suddenly making their own shitty games? Last year I already thought about getting a US system, but since they didn't fuck up Super Mario Galaxy it seemed that they had changed, well they haven't.

I can rant about NoE for 4 hours straight. Friends of mine are still looking for Mario & Sonic, Super Mario Galaxy because it's sold out everywhere. Software shortages since November and nothing has changed.
Let me say a thing first: I absolutely agree if you say NoE is fucking shit, we all know that.
But, you know, i just think i'll use the Freeloader for those Offline-only titles like No More Heroes.
I'm shit-scared that there will be some problems with Smash Bros. on a PAL Wii and, again, it's a title that wil last hundreds of hours.
I really want Smash Bros., but i keep telling myself "No, you know the experience you had with the Gamecube Freeloader and US Animal Crossing, don't do it".

lopaz

Banned
Wizpig said:
Let me say a thing first: I absolutely agree if you say NoE is fucking shit, we all know that.
But, you know, i just think i'll use the Freeloader for those Offline-only titles like No More Heroes.
I'm shit-scared that there will be some problems with Smash Bros. on a PAL Wii and, again, it's a title that wil last hundreds of hours.
I really want Smash Bros., but i keep telling myself "No, you know the experience you had with the Gamecube Freeloader and US Animal Crossing, don't do it".

If I wait for four months then I'll end up not wanting it any more. I'm hyped for Brawl NOW dammit

samratty

Wizpig said:
You know it's possible to sell import games right? They go, largely, for about full price on ebay. So you can buy it, use it, buy the Pal version, sell the ntsc version. You'll be what a £10 down at most.
I'm a tightwad, but still for 3 months of laughs with my mates that's nothing.

Or alternatively:
You're a square. Live a little.
This.

My Freeloader arrived today......

but the incompetent Codejunkies have sent me 2 Freeloaders! both came in separate packages but with the same invoice and order number. If they haven't billed me twice the second one is going on ebay.

luffeN

got mine today aswell!

tested it with bleach wii japanese version, only import game i got (bought it at launch..long story..) and went for the save way with the alt. boot method. inserted bleach wii on my PAL wii and it worked. back in the wii menu i tried to eject the disk, but it wouldnt let me... turned off the wii, came back into the wii menu, still not able to eject. turned off again, stayed in the black white warning screen about health and such and then it would let me eject the disk.

tsef

[Nintex] said:
Anyone got it from Gameseek?
It was shipped on monday(from the UK to the Netherlands) and I haven't got it yet.

Me. They shipped it tuesday and I still don't have it :/ And I am waiting for UPS to arrive with my copy of brawl.

Nocebo

I still have nothing, though brawl and freeloader supposedly shipped monday and tuesday respectively (I'm in the Netherlands).
I really hope something arrives today (or tomorrow at the latest) as me and friends are looking forward to a weekend of smashing goodness.

[Nintex]

Nocebo said:
I still have nothing, though brawl and freeloader supposedly shipped monday and tuesday respectively (I'm in the Netherlands).
I really hope something arrives today (or tomorrow at the latest) as me and friends are looking forward to a weekend of smashing goodness.
Both Brawl and the Freeloader shipped monday, nothing yet.

banKai said:
got mine today aswell!

tested it with bleach wii japanese version, only import game i got (bought it at launch..long story..) and went for the save way with the alt. boot method. inserted bleach wii on my PAL wii and it worked. back in the wii menu i tried to eject the disk, but it wouldnt let me... turned off the wii, came back into the wii menu, still not able to eject. turned off again, stayed in the black white warning screen about health and such and then it would let me eject the disk.
You should put that in the official Freeloader thread which lists game compatibility.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253855

This thread is basically for discussing Codejunkies' apparent incompetence.

Captain N said:
is there a way to work around the update that killed the freeloader?

From what I understand, people have done it using the Twilight Princess exploit and a homebrew channel. It's not specifically Freeloader, but it's roughly the same effect.

Top Bottom