• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finally: Freeloader for Wii

zoukka

Nabs said:
a home/business line that isn't a cellphone

Yeah I needed that for the Divineo account making. What the fuck should I put there when I only own a cellphone?

It will cost the same as you calling someones house in the UK

That's pretty fucked up!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Dachande said:
Fuck yes. Now we just need US NMH tested, although I'm pretty sure it'll work anyway.

Well it doesn't on modchips so MAYBE it might have problems, I bought a US copy just to be sure though. GOD DAMN WHERE IS MY SHIT

zoukka

dabookerman said:
A video of NMH working will be posted up shortly.

FatGuyLovein.gif

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just phoned up and cancelled from codejunkies!

Apparently they had them in stock and was about to send out the next batch today, and alot of people have been cancelling. :lol

now to wait for my freeloader to come through the post from gameseek :D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
dabookerman said:
Here

Watch user Domstercool, he is trustworthy. I have to go uni in a sec, ah well.

Oh ya I beleive, just want to know who got it.

or Who beat me :p

zoukka

Apparently they had them in stock and was about to send out the next batch today...

Hmm, I'll think I'll keep codejunkies order active and just see which place sends it first. Then cancel the other.

Ok, just got my Freeloader now!!

DSC00217.jpg

Will post impressions of it later, just picked up two random games on the way back from uni, Bleach and Battalion Wars.

Just a reminder, i got a US console, so i can only test EU PAL Wii games atm

I got a JPN NTSC game and many other GC games to try as well

Thomper

Anyone know how fast Divineo ships to the rest of Europe (Netherlands)? I might just order the Freeloader from them, as VideoGamesPlus still hasn't added it.

wth? i got owned! the disc doesnt play because its not a US Freeloader!

Didn't they say that one disc can work on any console?! gah! Off to eBay you go little fella!

Just re-reading the first post, and its false advertising! You do need a region specific freeloader for your Wii.. gah, WHY?!!!

Menuboy

They changed it a few days ago to two different versions... Anyone who ordered on CJ automatically got their order changed to the version they needed.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
flipping_heck said:

Didn't they say that one disc can work on any console?! gah! Off to eBay you go little fella!

Just re-reading the first post, and its false advertising! You do need a region specific freeloader for your Wii.. gah, WHY?!!!

Oh man. The Freeloader conspiracy continues. :lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I can't fucking believe it.
On Codejunkies nobody bothered neither to cancel my order nor to answer my mails.
Divineo should have already sent it (their site says it's in stock), but 24 hours have passed and still nothing has changed.
I sincerely hope they ship it today, but I'm not holding my breath -_-

shuri

Banned
flipping_heck said:

So wait,

You thought that a disc from a different region than your own console would magically boot up by itself and allow you to play discs from other regions?

:lol :lol oh gaffers...

batbeg

flipping_heck said:
lol, must have missed it

can't say im happy with this.. fucking hell..

Well, at least this confirms for me that my disc won't work in the US, thanks for unintentionally taking the bullet :D

shuri said:
So wait,

You thought that a disc from a different region than your own console would magically boot up by itself and allow you to play discs from other regions?

:lol :lol oh gaffers...

Uh, that's how they initially advertised it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
See, this is why I decided to hold back.

Well... not specifically for this, I was expecting there to be some firmware shenanigans afoot. BUT I'M STILL THE ONE WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH AGAGAGAGAGAGAAGAGAG!

Ahem.

kottila

SovanJedi said:
See, this is why I decided to hold back.

Well... not specifically for this, I was expecting there to be some firmware shenanigans afoot. BUT I'M STILL THE ONE WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH AGAGAGAGAGAGAAGAGAG!

Ahem.

Are there any games in the near future (spring/summer) that I would need the Freeloader for? Already paid for NMH, so I won't need it for that.

lopaz

Banned
FUCKING CODEJUNKIES

Every day I come home to find the status hasn't changed, and they haven't answered my email. KNOBS

TreIII

flipping_heck said:
lol, must have missed it

can't say im happy with this.. fucking hell..

I'm really sorry to hear about that, my friend.

Personally, I just wasn't willing to take any chances, even if it meant that my US version may be a bit slower coming...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So, what one is the version that plays JPN games on a NTSC Wii? I want to import some shit down the road :D

lopaz

Banned
OK they told me on the phone it will guaranteed ship today. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if it doesn't update by tomorrow I'm going to be pissed

So, since the freeloader seems to be exploiting something in the wii main menu anyone but me get the feeling there is going to be a new firmware real soon blocking it?

[Nintex]

dodonpalex said:
So, since the freeloader seems to be exploiting something in the wii main menu anyone but me get the feeling there is going to be a new firmware real soon blocking it?
Why would you want to update?

Just import NTSC games from now on, or just use freeloader to boot any game(including PAL ones)

Shakka

I just called as well and they told me that every order will be shipped tommorow at the latest.
Well, I guess I gonna hold off on canceling until tommorow then.

Menuboy said:
And there was much rejoicing.
lopaz said:
OK they told me on the phone it will guaranteed ship today. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if it doesn't update by tomorrow I'm going to be pissed
Eh, that's what they told me too...Could have been true...or not... Either way I wasn't intending to give them my money for their crappy service. I'd rather wait a bit longer.

lopaz

Banned
Stormbringer said:
And there was much rejoicing.

Eh, that's what they told me too...Could have been true...or not... Either way I wasn't intending to give them my money for their crappy service. I'd rather wait a bit longer.

You're right, I fail in using my consumer power :( I just want a damn freeloader

Bah, you actually got through to someone, I got told to call back around 3, which is useless as my lunch hour is ending now at 2, I'll try again tomorrow. I got fed up and ordered another one from divineo and a Smash from videogameplus.ca.

lopaz

Banned
Darkflight said:
Bah, you actually got through to someone, I got told to call back around 3, which is useless as my lunch hour is ending now at 2, I'll try again tomorrow. I got fed up and ordered another one from divineo and a Smash from videogameplus.ca.

Which number did you use? I used the one that Jeremy-Clarkson-guy posted earlier, the operator put me through to the relevant person straight away, they took a minute or two to pick up but otherwise I'd say you might want to try again

Top Bottom