• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia announced for 3DS, Reimagining of FE Gaiden

Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica

#FireEmblem Echoes is inspired by the second installment of the series, Fire Emblem Gaiden, released exclusively in Japan in 1992.

Richie

...So, that assumption our part that they're all gonna focus on the Switch from now on, guys... :(

At least they confirm a brand new game for 2018, tho!

LOL Warriors a multirelease

C2fEJ9VUcAAeXI1.png

C2fEKeXUkAAm6mx.png

But why THIS Fire Emblem? I never saw anybody talk about Gaiden in the ten plus years I have seen people pine for a classic Fire Emblem remake. Isn't 4 the fan favorite?

I may very well be very wrong, so please correct me.

Qwyjibo

I've never played the NES version but I'll probably give this a shot. I hope the story and characters are at least tolerable because FE: Fates was awful in this regard.

Kathian

Banned
3DS is still selling very well. Fates just came out and its clear they are stretching the engine on the 3DS to some spin-off titles. 2018 for the next one on Switch seems really soon too me honestly - people wouldn't even complain if there was no FE at all this year ffs

Looks great though. I really like some of the ideas presented. Day One.

meanspartan

Hm.

So switch lineup is too barren, but they can't even make an upscale port of this on it? 3DS already has plenty of FE.

Anura

But why THIS Fire Emblem? I never saw anybody talk about Gaiden in the gen plus years I have seen people pine for a classic Fire Emblem remake. Isn't 4 the fan favorite?

I may very well be very wrong, so please correct me.

I've also heard not so great things about it, so I'm a little worried for it. I hope what I heard is wrong or they do overhauls.

Top Bottom