• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia announced for 3DS, Reimagining of FE Gaiden

Kouichi

This looks really good. Dungeons and free roaming sound so awesome with the Fire Emblem gameplay. No wonder people wanted a remake of Gaiden.

I'm definitely in!

Strimei

That title is a mouthful. Why not just Fire Emblem Echoes?

Unless they're planning on remaking more games under the Fire Emblem Echoes brand.

Yeah I'm expecting Echoes to be a sub brand and have the other remakes eventually.

Also why are people shocked its on 3DS? Heaven forbid there's still support for the handheld.

And I only just beat Birthright... never even got to Conquest, let alone Revelations. I was so disappointed in the story of Birthright and I heard the narrative in Conquest was even worst. Kind of hard to take coming off of the Telius saga. Anyways, I'm just going to get this one because I'd love to play FE2 - and I'm sure the story (hopefully) better.

Sadist

So FE Gaiden in May, FE Warriors in the fall and a new FE in 2018? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaawd

You made it FE. You are now a top tier Nintendo franchise

I'm very much looking forward to this. I have reservations about a lot of things from Fates, but they really nailed the gameplay. I'm interested in seeing them experiment with the unique things Gaiden brought to the table.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I've ALWAYS wanted this but I thought it was a pipe dream... SO THIS REKINDLES THE DREAM OF AN HD REMAKE OF ZELDA II YES YES YES

CAN'T WAIT

Protome

Coming out after the Switch? Nintendo pls

Can't it be on both?

Anyone who thought they were going to OG Xbox their only currently successful platform was always crazy. It'll have support for at least another year or two
unless the Switch bombs, in which case indefinitely.

Phloxy

Switch is not replacing 3ds, not sure why some think it is.

Because there is absolutely no reason this game can't come out for the 300 dollar machine they are releasing in March? The one with an incredible thin lineup? The same system that will have another Fire Emblem game this fall on Switch and 3ds? So why not? It's completely asinine an really shows how out of touch they are with their own fanbase.

jonno394

Because there is absolutely no reason this game can't come out for the 300 dollar machine they are releasing in March? The one with an incredible thin lineup? The same system that will have another Fire Emblem game this fall on Switch and 3ds? So why not? It's completely asinine an really shows how out of touch they are with their own fanbase.

Exactly my line of thinking.

that's a BAD logo friends

They don't care, this is just to get more money since the engine is there. I don't even expect this to be as fully featured as Fates, but I might be wrong and I'll accept that.

People are too blind to see that this is just a remake using a current / already developed / mature engine.

Rockk

Oh shit they're actually going to remake more. I thought we were done with that idea after the 2 DS ones. FE2 is really rough so it's a worthy one to remake even though I would have much preferred FE4.

Switch is not replacing 3ds, not sure why some think it is.

Even if this is true (it's not, the Switch is replacing both Wii U and 3DS), the existence of new 3DS software from Nintendo post-launch of the Switch isn't even remotely close to evidence of this. It's like some you don't know how Nintendo's portable lifecycles operate. Nintendo has always announced and released major software for their previous-gen handheld after its successor has launched.

Top Bottom