• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates coming to Europe on May 20th

Zafir

Guys I hope you are all joking about constantly pressing F5... if you're at the computer just use a Firefox or Chrome extension to check the page every minute or so and alert you when the page has changed.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/alertbox/

PageMonitor: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-monitor/ogeebjpdeabhncjpfhgdibjajcajepgg?hl=en-US

The problem with those is it sometimes picks up weird stuff.

I dunno if it's improved since it's called Visualping now though.

Eitherway I already installed it and had it set up at home. However, I imagine most people don't have that kind of stuff set up at work. I didn't. :p

Guys I hope you are all joking about constantly pressing F5... if you're at the computer just use a Firefox or Chrome extension to check the page every minute or so and alert you when the page has changed.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/alertbox/

PageMonitor: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-monitor/ogeebjpdeabhncjpfhgdibjajcajepgg?hl=en-US

Thanks! Monitored.

Edit: it's constantly giving me notifications that shit changed even though it didn't. What's up with that?

Craft

The problem with those is it sometimes picks up weird stuff.

I dunno if it's improved since it's called Visualping now though.

Eitherway I already installed it and had it set up at home. However, I imagine most people don't have that kind of stuff set up at work. I didn't. :p

Distill is awesome, you can set it up to just track a certain section of the page,
for Fire Emblem I just track the container where the buy button should be.

Thanks! Monitored.

Edit: it's constantly giving me notifications that shit changed even though it didn't. What's up with that?
Are you tracking the entire page? if so that will be changing on every refresh (Recommendations may be different for example). You should be able to configure the tracker to just monitor the section where the buy button will appear.

Ah, right. PageMonitor is decidedly less awesome, because nothing's changing and notifications are going haywire every couple of minutes.

Pretty sure Page monitor supports this feature too. Can't remember how to do it exactly off the top of my head though...

Nightbird

Distill is awesome, you can set it up to just track a certain section of the page,

Ah, right. PageMonitor is decidedly less awesome, because nothing's changing and notifications are going haywire every couple of minutes.

eltercero

Guys, don't monitor the whole page or it will drive you crazy.

The PageMonitor extension has an option to monitor a small selection from the page. I did it with Amazon ES; I just selected the "Unavailable product" text, and it only warned me when it was actually on sale.

It did give me some false positives on the other amazon stores, but it was once in a while (if you monitor que whole page it will warn you every single time, basically) and it was because too many requests will prompt the "robot captcha" and the Monitor will believe it's been a change.

Are you tracking the entire page? if so that will be changing on every refresh (Recommendations may be different for example). You should be able to configure the tracker to just monitor the section where the buy button will appear.

The PageMonitor extension has an option to monitor a small selection from the page. I did it with Amazon ES; I just selected the "Unavailable product" text, and it only warned me when it was actually on sale.

It did give me some false positives on the other amazon stores, but it was once in a while (if you monitor que whole page it will warn you every single time, basically) and it was because too many requests will prompt the "robot captcha" and the Monitor will believe it's been a change.

Beautiful beautiful, my life has been made slightly easier now.

Thanks for the advice, but the option to monitor the small selection from the page is 2complicated4me. That's PageMonitor deleted, then. I'll just go back to F5'ing. :(

eltercero

Thanks for the advice, but the option to monitor the small selection from the page is 2complicated4me. That's PageMonitor deleted, then. I'll just go back to F5'ing. :(

It's not complicated!

You monitor the page. You then go to Configuration. Click on Advanced > Custom Mode > Selector. After that, you have two choices:

1) You click on "Pick" and it will open a new tab. You click on the "Unavailable product" text and then, at the bottom of that same page, click in "Done". That's it!

2) If you don't want to do the "Pick thing", just add this text to the text field:

#availability>span.a-size-medium.a-color-price

Andyliini

A few chains from Finland put up the preorders today. As always, they, too were gone fast. I was able to order from both Dischop (90€) and from Verkkokauppa (70€). I'll see for a while if one of my preorders get cancelled, and then cancel my extra preorders closer to release.

It's not complicated!

You monitor the page. You then go to Configuration. Click on Advanced > Custom Mode > Selector. After that, you have two choices:

1) You click on "Pick" and it will open a new tab. You click on the "Unavailable product" text and then, at the bottom of that same page, click in "Done". That's it!

2) If you don't want to do the "Pick thing", just add this text to the text field:

#availability>span.a-size-medium.a-color-price

Thanks for that!

Vertti

A few chains from Finland put up the preorders today. As always, they, too were gone fast. I was able to order from both Dischop (90€) and from Verkkokauppa (70€). I'll see for a while if one of my preorders get cancelled, and then cancel my extra preorders closer to release.
Damn missed these! :(

Guess I just buy one version and download the another.

Sölf

Firefox- Distill: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/alertbox/

Chrome - PageMonitor: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-monitor/ogeebjpdeabhncjpfhgdibjajcajepgg?hl=en-US

Thanks for this, now here is hope it actually appears when I am here.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Well at least the few of thus that do get it will indeed feel very special.

Where is this from?

From twitter, looks legit:
FEFates.jpg

Fisico

Just one bit of info: it seems the Special Edition will be limited to 7000 pieces for France.

Since most will probably go to Fnac and Amazon it's for Europe and not especially France.
Hope both will not allow to order too many copies with one account.

Zafir

Considering I'd imagine they'd believe France to be their biggest market, it doesn't look good for the rest of Europe if that figures true. :D

Scalpers gunna have such fun.....

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Considering I'd imagine they'd believe France to be their biggest market, it doesn't look good for the rest of Europe if that figures true. :D

Scalpers gunna have such fun.....

Yes, it's what I've been thinking as well. It probably amounts to 20.000 SE's across Europe ...

Saoshyant

Goddamn it, I just want to order this thing. From anywhere. I am a human being and an European citizen. I have rights, Nintendo, I have rights!

I just have this feeling of dread that I will miss it and have to go through a sclaper. Ugh.

I wish they would use their UK store, open it up internationally, and then get an idea of how many copies they should produce based on paid preorders and go from there. It would make life easier for just about everyone. It's a limited edition; they don't have to please the retailers by giving five copies to each of them -- nobody wins like that. Keep it to their store, produce enough copies to meet the demand there, bang.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn it, I just want to order this thing. From anywhere. I am a human being and an European citizen. I have rights, Nintendo, I have rights!

I just have this feeling of dread that I will miss it and have to go through a sclaper. Ugh.

I wish they would use their UK store, open it up internationally, and then get an idea of how many copies they should produce based on paid preorders and go from there. It would make life easier for just about everyone. It's a limited edition; they don't have to please the retailers by giving five copies to each of them -- nobody wins like that. Keep it to their store, produce enough copies to meet the demand there, bang.

I usually don't buy limited editions, but it's different here - you get all three games on one cartridge and I don't like buying things on the eShop ...

Zafir

I just like having physical copies. :(

Though the extras are nice too. Remember getting a little hardback artbook with my Awakening pre-order.

The limited editions are not about meeting demand but ensuring they sell inventory of the normal edition (as ultimately retailers buying 87k copies of FE fates matters a bit more than you...it's also the same reason digital prices are uncompetitive). You have situations like Bayonetta 2 where the standard edition was complately unwanted yet the way the orders were structures were that you can only get 1 limited edition for every y normal editions you ordered.

It's not great at all especially with this limited edition offering game content early (and at all to those with eShop phobia).

MLH

So I've still been thinking over going all digital or trying to nab a Special edition.

I'm guessing the Special Edition will be £80-£90, whereas the digital game will be £39.99 on the eshop (probably can be found for cheaper by buying a DL code from a re-seller).
Buying the second version will be discounted to either ~£17.99-£19.99 (based on the US prices). Revelations chapter will also cost the same (~£17.99-£19.99). So the equivalent package digitally would cost 39.99+19.99+19.99 = £79.97 maximum.
I won't get all the physical extras, although that doesn't interest me, but I will lose the ability to re-sell.

Furthermore MyNintendo rewards program will be launched by the time this comes out so there will be likely a reward for buying digital.

I'll probably miss out on the SE due to work, but I won't be upset, all digital for this game would be okay.

Spwn

I'm guessing the Special Edition will be £80-£90, whereas the digital game will be £39.99 on the eshop (probably can be found for cheaper by buying a DL code from a re-seller).

Charging £80 would be insane as the euro price has been around 80€. I could see them charging somewhere between £60-£70.

MLH

Charging £80 would be insane as the euro price has been around 80€. I could see them charging somewhere between £60-£70.

Hmm, yeah you're right. Typically a 80EUR would translate to 70GBP with Nintendo's games. My estimates for the digital discounts are also probably off. The second chapter & revelations chapter costs 19.99USD each, so that should be ~£16 but most likely £17.99 with Nintendo's exchange rates...
Total price digitally would then be:
39.99 + (17.99 x 2) = £75.97 still approximately the same as a retail SE.
I'm not sure why I'm obsessing over the price, It just seems like a worse deal buying all digital...

flohen95

The SE is available at mediamarkt.de for 79,99€ with free shipping. I don't think they ship outside Germany since they are established in a lot of countries and have seperate websites for those. You can also choose in-store pick-up with in-store payment, if you want to take no risks.

Top Bottom