• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

Oh well, another 30 orbs down the drain with more Laslow, Serra and Gunter. Well, I got a 4* Hinata for a free Fury 3 but that's not enough to make me feel better when he's the only useful thing I got in my last 150 orbs.

I need to do a huge clean-up and send tons of characters away. 295/295. Just don't know who to send away, looks like a lot of work to do to be sure to not regret anything later. I remember someone doing a list of safe characters to send home on Reddit but I don't remember if it's good...

Chances are, you will never need more than 2 of the 3-star characters. Not only is it pretty easy to get 4-star versions, but how many 2k feather dumps are you willing to make for the same skill? If you have five 3-star Shannas, you can safely send 3 of them home.

I have several. Maybe it's my aggression with them that's the issue.

Always let Hector take the first hit. He's way easier to take when he has <80% life. Even with Vantage, you're looking at taking 2 hits instead of 3 in an exchange.

EG:

You attack a full life Hector:
- He hits you twice in retaliation.
- He hits you on his next turn if you can't finish him with someone else (and if he has vantage, he can one shot squishier units before they do anything)
Outcome: you take 3 hits.

You let Hector attack you:
- He hits you once and you counter (if he lives through the counter, he should be severely weakened by a red)
- You attack him. If he has vantage, you take a second hit. If not, he dies after only one hit.
Outcome: you take 1-2 hits.

Mupod

My Lucina doesn't even match up to them. She's not fast enough to double.

Trying to work on a Lyn for this scenario.

how is that even possible lol. Even the slowest Lucina alive should be able to double a +spd hector, and you never see those. Fury helps even more.

Lyn is worse against Hector in every way.

Remember, let Hector attack first unless he's out of quick riposte 2 range.

How did Roy die to Nino? I thought he should take very little damage from greens thanks to TA and Binding Blade.

Moonbow and mega high merge level I guess. I just ragequit and restarted my run since it was the second battle.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
My Lucina doesn't even match up to them. She's not fast enough to double.

Trying to work on a Lyn for this scenario.
Hector is a counter kill character but isn't good at attacking on his own. If you're attacking into him, you're facing him when he's at his strongest, which makes it harder for you. It's still doable with very hard hitting reds like Fury Lucina or Hana, but it's an uphill fight. I used to do this myself because I didn't know better.

It's much safer to park a red lord in front of Hector and then let him get the first attack. Your red should survive because Hector rarely oneshots through weapon disadvantage on attack. That brings him down to half-ish health and out of Quick Riposte range. Then you finish him off on your turn. If you do this, even weaker reds like TA/Ruby Sword Olivia can beat Hector.

Moonbow and mega high merge level I guess. I just ragequit and restarted my run since it was the second battle.
That sucks. Sometimes units can cut through weaknesses with specials, and sometimes they're merged so high that they beat their normal counters.

I've seen a Klein Glacies his way through my Triangle Adept MRobin before. It blows.

Hector is a counter kill character but isn't good at attacking on his own. If you're attacking into him, you're facing him when he's at his strongest, which makes it harder for you. It's still doable with very hard hitting reds like Fury Lucina or Hana, but it's an uphill fight. I used to do this myself because I didn't know better.

It's much safer to park a red lord in front of Hector and then let him get the first attack. Your red should survive because Hector rarely oneshots through weapon disadvantage on attack. That brings him down to half-ish health and out of Quick Riposte range. Then you finish him off on your turn. If you do this, even weaker reds like TA/Ruby Sword Olivia can beat Hector.

That sucks. Sometimes units can cut through weaknesses with specials, and sometimes they're merged so high that they beat their normal counters.

I've seen a Klein Glacies his way through my Triangle Adept MRobin before. It blows.

The issue is that they are rarely alone. Vantage and a dancer makes it much harder.

Firemind

Or just use (Young) Tiki because she doesn't give a fuck about Hector attacking first or last.

Mupod

The issue is that they are rarely alone. Vantage and a dancer makes it much harder.

that's the thing though. Hector's always alone because you kill him last, he moves 1 square at a time and gets left behind.

I've never seen him survive Lucina, but Triangle Adept would make any red sword a hard counter to him. My garbage Roy bonus unit this week is -atk and one-rounds him with almost no damage.

Any caster with Desperation is also a good counter to him. I actually take out most Hectors with Linde, once she is below 75% HP he cannot survive despite the fact that he'd normally one shot her.

Chances are, you will never need more than 2 of the 3-star characters. Not only is it pretty easy to get 4-star versions, but how many 2k feather dumps are you willing to make for the same skill? If you have five 3-star Shannas, you can safely send 3 of them home.

Thanks! I will try to go by that except a very few characters like Hinata! Did you guys keep the 1 and 2 stars free characters we got from the daily rotation?

Akuun

It was Sheena (bonus unit), Lucina, Azura, and Frederick. Don't really have the option to post stats just now. Working on changing it up right now. Starting with this 4* Xander.
If the enemy Hector has a dancer nearby, you may need to try to position yourself with the enemy dancer in mind and guess what the enemy AI will do if all enemy units are out of range. This usually means placing your Hector counter (Lucina, in your case) one space further away than you normally would, because you're assuming that the enemy Hector will move forward one space > get danced > move forward another space to attack your Lucina.

That way, you bring Hector down to half on the enemy phase if Hector gets danced and moves forward to reach your Lucina, which is what you want. If the AI does something else like having the dancer move forward in front of Hector instead, then your Lucina can kill the dancer first, and then deal with Hector on the next turn.

It is worth holding on to Lon'qu as well, since he's the cheapest Vantage 3, but most dont have critical skills

I wish I ever got at least just one Lon'qu man... I pulled a lot in this game and I never saw him. I have a crazy build ready for my Ryoma but Vantage 3 just won't come. I pulled 2 unfeatured Ryoma and still no Lon'qu. However I got about 12 Laslow, Raigh and Henry...

Whizkid7

First arena battle of the day: Xander-led Horse Emblem. With Cecilia AND Reinhardt. And a Leo that one shot my Ike through buffs.

I think the Hero Fest banner MAY have made my team a tad too strong.

Spoit

Talking about Hector, I've been thinking about replacing lucina with Eirika, but I don't have a spare roy to get TA3. Can she still handle him?

Mupod

Some Hectors have G Tomebreaker though.

you know, I almost did that on mine. I might give it a shot now that Roy is proving inept at dealing with Bunny Camilla and Nino. My Hector has shit tons of SP.

But yeah I've been looking at other hectors a lot, and 99.9% of them run vantage. Never seen one with tomebreaker.

Screenshot_2017-05-18-14-38-15.png

Fuck it, I'm just gonna keep upgrading Roy and see what happens.

Confused about something need clarification.

Does a 5* and 4* unit of the same character have the same exact stats at level 40? Or does the 5* actually have higher numbers.

Akuun

5* level 40 units have higher stats than their 4* level 40 versions.

IIRC a 4* level 40+5 unit has identical stats to a 5* level 40+0 unit.

Sushen

A good point. I'm at 200/200 again and I need to make rooms for Lloyd. I just struggle to let go of what I've got.

Sushen

What would be the difference between special that gives damage of 50% of your def vs resolve as if the enemy got -50% def?

Are they simply 50% of your def added vs 50% of the enemies reduced? Or, is there more to it?

MANUELF

Banned
What would be the difference between special that gives damage of 50% of your def vs resolve as if the enemy got -50% def?

Are they simply 50% of your def added vs 50% of the enemies reduced? Or, is there more to it?
For the one that gives you damage based on defense Just divide your defense by 2 if 50% and the result would be extra damage done to the enemy, for the 50% defense reducer specials the damage you do is reduces by half the enemy defense instead of their full defense

Firemind

you know, I almost did that on mine. I might give it a shot now that Roy is proving inept at dealing with Bunny Camilla and Nino. My Hector has shit tons of SP.

But yeah I've been looking at other hectors a lot, and 99.9% of them run vantage. Never seen one with tomebreaker.
I mean, you're using the term 'counter' pretty loosely here. Mages aren't really hard counters as they're easy prey without buffs or Desperation online and that's without Hector having Vantage. Same with most red physical units without TA as Hector will still take a chunk out of their health. Really, the only true hard counters are (Young) Tiki, Sophia and red units with TA with decent bulk.

Kar L

I wish I ever got at least just one Lon'qu man... I pulled a lot in this game and I never saw him. I have a crazy build ready for my Ryoma but Vantage 3 just won't come. I pulled 2 unfeatured Ryoma and still no Lon'qu. However I got about 12 Laslow, Raigh and Henry...
Same. I have 28 5* characters and have never seen a Lon'qu. I have five characters that need Vantage. It's beyond frustrating.

Same with Klein and Deathblow 3.

Sushen

For the one that gives you damage based on defense Just divide your defense by 2 if 50% and the result would be extra damage done to the enemy, for the 50% defense reducer specials the damage you do is reduces by half the enemy defense instead of their full defense
What's the full defense as opposed to enemy defense?

Theosmeo

I'm stuck, should I pull for a bonus unit, take shanna to 5* or take xander to 5*s... I don't have QR so xander doesn't seem that appealing RN

Alucrid

Banned
what are the chances that each team slot will eventually also be a separate seal slot? would be nice to switch teams on the fly and not have to change seals each time

Scum

we know pretty much jack shit about it, it was announced months ago and teased on the stream before the 'hero fest'. But the files came in this update so it has to be close.

I wonder how hard they could make it. If every battle is on par with a Grand Hero Battle with pumped up 70-80 HP enemies it could be rough. But after weeks of fighting +5s in the arena for flawless runs I feel like they're going to have to come up with some real bullshit.

Hopefully, it's not too demanding...

Sushen

I'm still thinking about Julia setup. Currently I'm thinking fury vs death blow.

Fury will get me all stats improve at the cost of 6 hp hit which may compromise her survivality as she's still no Nino or Linde where plenty will double her even with fury.

Death blow will add double the attack but doesn't help anything else. Probably she has to run away more from anyone who can double her than with fury.

I can't quite decide as I see faults in both.

Scum

I'm so happy to have a +ATK -RES Kagero. I've had terrible luck with Colourless. I think I'll spend the 20k feathers on her.

I'm still thinking about Julia setup. Currently I'm thinking fury vs death blow.

Fury will get me all stats improve at the cost of 6 hp hit which may compromise her survivality as she's still no Nino or Linde where plenty will double her even with fury.

Death blow will add double the attack but doesn't help anything else. Probably she has to run away more from anyone who can double her than with fury.

I can't quite decide as I see faults in both.

I've got a +SPD -ATK Julia. I just threw on her - Iceberg, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3 and Hone SPD 3. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯
But I'm sure the FEH Experts will probably suggest better builds.

WhyMe6

I'm so happy to have a +ATK -RES Kagero. I've had terrible luck with Colourless. I think I'll spend the 20k feathers on her.

Do it! Mine is +SPD/-RES and I did that a while ago, it was definitely worth it. She kills basically everyone that's infantry. She's also fantastic for carrying training teams in-game. I gave her Death Blow 3, Desperation (& Vantage, just in case), Ardent Sacrifice and Moonbow.

In Arena she kills basically all infantry except Robin-M (unless he's a dodgy iv or build) and some softer cavalry and fliers. Paired with my anti-Hector Olivia, she kills basically all but Robin-M and Knights. Her stat total isn't high but with her Robin-M, Olivia and a L1 bonus character I usually get 3800-4000 which is enough feathers for me. Minerva causes problems though :(

Are -SPD/+Res Azura and Ike worth using, as far as the meta is concerned?

Azura's going to be useable no matter what. -Spd won't affect her dancing game nor her ability to fight reds when she's got a Sapphire Lance.

Ike I don't think minds -Spd too much? He can OHKO green mages easily and faster swordsmen tend to use something other than Swordbreaker, making his lower Spd moot. A red mage like Tharja would also double him anyway as chances are she's rocking Darting Blow.

Scum

Do it! Mine is +SPD/-RES and I did that a while ago, it was definitely worth it. She kills basically everyone that's infantry. She's also fantastic for carrying training teams in-game. I gave her Death Blow 3, Desperation (& Vantage, just in case), Ardent Sacrifice and Moonbow.

In Arena she kills basically all infantry except Robin-M (unless he's a dodgy iv or build) and some softer cavalry and fliers. Paired with my anti-Hector Olivia, she kills basically all but Robin-M and Knights. Her stat total isn't high but with her Robin-M, Olivia and a L1 bonus character I usually get 3800-4000 which is enough feathers for me. Minerva causes problems though :(

I will do. I'm going to slowly drag her to lvl 40 first though and then do it again at 5* lvl 1.
2x SP & 1.5x XP Event pls, IS. :V

champloo

Really wish my Kagero was +HP, or at the very least, not -HP.

+Atk is cool, but -HP makes her super vulnerable to being OHKOed. That base HP is too pitiful

That's the same Kagero I have, +Atk -HP, I suppose you are running L&D? with Fury3 and hp seal, she has enough bulk to tank one hit from most units except brave weapon users. Which is all I need her to do: take one hit, then kill everyone with Vantage.

PK Gaming

That's the same Kagero I have, +Atk -HP, I suppose you are running L&D? with Fury3 and hp seal, she has enough bulk to tank one hit from most units except brave weapon users. Which is all I need her to do: take one hit, then kill everyone with Vantage.

Maybe I should switch over the Fury asap...

alcheim

I've had it with Pony emblem teams ruining my deathless run attempts. They always turn up when I don't have the counters for them, or when I'm on the Lava/Bridge maps.

How the heck am I supposed to counter them if they don't split up, and can easily 2HKO/ ORKO tanks/counters that they have triangle-disadvantage on?

Maybe it's time I joined the bandwagon and build my own Horse emblem team. :|

Ninferno

I've had it with Pony emblem teams ruining my deathless run attempts. They always turn up when I don't have the counters for them, or when I'm on the Lava/Bridge maps.

How the heck am I supposed to counter them if they don't split up, and can easily 2HKO/ ORKO tanks/counters that they have triangle-disadvantage on?

Maybe it's time I joined the bandwagon and build my own Horse emblem team. :|

The best counter to Horse Emblem is
to hit "give up" whenever you see a cavalry leader
. That might still not be enough
because there's also that evil "dancer(leader) + 3 cavalries" comp
, but you should at least be safe from maybe 80% of Horse Emblem.

You could just only accept battles against infantry non-dancer leads!

Sushen

Xander brought pony emblem with him, and as long as one of the horse men is in the focus, they're here to stay.
In fact Camus will complete my team.

alcheim

Lol... yeah, I've been duped by that setup as well. I don't think I've ever won against 4 Horsemen, but I can manage a win if it's 3 or less.

I even created an anti-Horse team (with FRobin, Ursula, Julia, MRobin) but even that wasn't enough to stop the full force of Reinhardt, Leo, Cecilia, Xander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom