• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes: Ylissean Summer banner datamined (Swimsuits)

redcrayon

Fred looks great, I love how he still manages to maintain his knightly bearing while holding a bag of shellfish. Classic jrpg pointless excess belt though- his trunks don't even have belt loops, they have drawstrings instead! Same goes for Robin, that thigh-belt looks distinctly uncomfortable.

I'll never understand how so many characters from worlds with medieval tech-Levels manage to acquire modern lingerie and swimwear made from artificial materials.

ryseing

I played the GBA games and really enjoyed them.
Was tempted to buy a 3DS when I heard Fire Emblem was on it. Did some research and it turned out to be a game for anime perverts.

Money saved.

Anime perverts is going a bit far. Echoes has very little fanservice.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Fred looks great, I love how he still manages to maintain his knightly bearing while holding a bag of shellfish. Classic jrpg pointless excess belt though- his trunks don't even have belt loops, they have drawstrings instead! Same goes for Robin, that thigh-belt looks distinctly uncomfortable.
Robin's belt holds her basket/catch-net thing.

13randO

I played the GBA games and really enjoyed them.
Was tempted to buy a 3DS when I heard Fire Emblem was on it. Did some research and it turned out to be a game for anime perverts.

Money saved.

Both FE Awakening and Fates don't force you to do anything with the supports, and most aspects aren't pervy in the slightest (the only thing being is the bonding stuff in Fates, and that doesn't do anything with the core gameplay and is completely optional). Saying that it's a game for anime pervs is simply wrong.

redcrayon

Hi. I play Fire Emblem games.

Am I allowed to think this kind of stuff is a little embarrassing?
Sure, why not. I think it's silly and fun, out of hundreds of characters and dozens of banners. It's not like some of the dragons and mages aren't wandering around in ridiculous 'combat lingerie' already, and having the guys there is cool. A bit like the Spring banner, where the girls were in bunny outfits but having the normally-ultra-serious Xander running around hitting people with a giant carrot was worth it.

Meier

Equal opportunity service. Tiki has certainly grown up.

I can't imagine this will be the only swimsuit banner this summer though.

Hi. I play Fire Emblem games.

Am I allowed to think this kind of stuff is a little embarrassing?

Yes of course. (Though I wasn't asking for gamer cred on that...)

I just find it funny how a lot of people act like this is the end of the franchise. It's just fanservice, I can't really understand being that mad about it

Macka

Echoes had me so high on the series again, but this brings me back to reality. Fire Emblem Switch is going to be waifu fanservice dating simulator HD, isn't it?

Shinypogs

Don't care about swimsuits, only if they are viable units or good to be fed to others for skill inheritance.

As much as I don't care for the fanservice if heroes proves to be a cash cow that means we get more games with better funding then I'm happy. Just give me good maps, decently balanced gameplay and a lunatic mode, then I'm content.

redcrayon

Don't care about swimsuits, only if they are viable units or good to be fed to others for skill inheritance.

As much as I don't care for the fanservice if heroes proves to be a cash cow that means we get more games with better funding then I'm happy. Just give me good maps, decently balanced gameplay and a lunatic mode, then I'm content.
This is my view on Heroes too. It won't be around forever but that whale cash will fund FE for years to come.

I hate to be the one to break this to you guys, but f2p games = titty skins. Waifu / husbando skins are consistently the highest selling skins in these types of games.

Now you don't have to be surprised anymore.

SalvaPot

This stuff is Fire Emblem now. It's in the dna of the franchise.

latest

kewlmyc

Really went all in on the damage art this time, especially for Fredrick, which is unexpected.

Like all the art for the most part. Only negatives are lack of nipples on the males (always looks weird), and FRobin's baby face, especially on her default portrait.

SephiZack

Judging by some comments I guess many of you have never tried gacha games before Fire Emblem Heroes, because the game will have more and more fan service every other month.

I love that Awakening DLC swimsuits got censored/changed but this is completely fine. Make that money Nintendo somehow Fire Emblem has become a staple franchise.

BBboy20

Yes of course. (Though I wasn't asking for gamer cred on that...)

I just find it funny how a lot of people act like this is the end of the franchise. It's just fanservice, I can't really understand being that mad about it
Perceived resemblance of the Patriarch. The notion that representation of our innate desire of wanting to have sex with others is staining this franchise. The prudish portion of feminism. Some bigger picture in the 21st century things like that.

Blues1990

Im surprised they haven't created any content to promote Shadows of Valentina, as Alm & Atlas wearing trunks would be cool.

Not that I'm complaining, as Frederick & Gaius are smokin'.

Captain Fun

Neo Member
Both FE Awakening and Fates don't force you to do anything with the supports, and most aspects aren't pervy in the slightest (the only thing being is the bonding stuff in Fates, and that doesn't do anything with the core gameplay and is completely optional). Saying that it's a game for anime pervs is simply wrong.
While there's some really stupid and blatant fanservice, it really is such a small, nearly inconsequential part of the series, and a lot of it (at least the dumb swimsuit stuff) is in DLC. Implying that this is what Fire Emblem is about is just obnoxious.

Perceived resemblance of the Patriarch. The notion that representation of our innate desire of wanting to have sex with others is staining this franchise. The prudish portion of feminism. Some bigger picture in the 21st century things like that.
What.

Brakke

Banned

Camilla says hi. Doesn't really fly to just handwave the waifu-petting simulator. That's in there.

The games are horny now. Don't pretend they ain't.

Awakening and fates locks characters and maps behind supports.

Top Bottom