• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes: Ylissean Summer banner datamined (Swimsuits)

Eumi

Good to see a game being released that caters to the Fire emblem fans that felt left behind by the series hasn't stopped them making a point to shit up every thread about the series.

Wait no not good, the other thing.

I just wanna enjoy Fredrick in peace.

13randO

Awakening and fates locks characters and maps behind supports.

Yeah, but the game provides you with enough characters to beat the game and then some. I beat Awakening and Fates without any of the additional units.

Camilla says hi. Doesn't really fly to just handwave the waifu-petting simulator. That's in there. The games are horny now. Don't pretend they ain't.

Ok, this is a fair one. Camilla is blatant fan service. However, you CAN handwave the 'waifu-petting simulator.' It's not important to the game at all if it's not your thing. You can just get the support and call it there. I clearly didn't say that there was no fan service in FE, I said that you can side step that shit if you don't want anything to do with it because it's not like you have to get an S support or partake in any petting to beat the game. Especially in Fates, you get more than enough units to not use some units entirely.

Giga Man

I love how Etika made a video about this just to say that he's gonna start playing Heroes because of this new Robin that he's probably never gonna summon.

Not gonna lie: I quit playing a long time ago, but I'm considering jumping back in just to see if I can summon Robin or Tiki because they look so gosh darn cute and happy.

At this point, the only thing the franchise is missing is jiggle physics.

Did you play Fates? Look at Kagero and Camilla in their default classes.

Draxal

I love how Etika made a video about this just to say that he's gonna start playing Heroes because of this new Robin that he's probably never gonna summon.

Not gonna lie: I quit playing a long time ago, but I'm considering jumping back in just to see if I can summon Robin or Tiki because they look so gosh darn cute and happy.

Did you play Fates? Look at Kagero and Camilla in their default classes.

Had them since the western release of Fire Emblem seven.

DylanEno

Tiki's boobs look fake af lmao

At least Robin looks cute, although I thought she was supposed to be relatively flat and Corrin was the thicc one? 🤔

Gains looks really goofy, too, in a way that I both like and dislike. I may go for the two of them.

Overall, though, pretty weak designs / character choices.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Guys if not for waifus and husbandos Fire Emblem would be dead like FZero or Mother

A quick death would have been a merciful escape from this undead monstrosity.

Falchion

Haha I remember someone in the Hero Fest thread saying this was going to happen. People are going to go absolutely bananas with this banner.

Man, being strictly a fan of "old" Fire Emblem must be a miserable life. Not only do you not get to have fun enjoying the new games with everyone else, but you gotta rally around Echoes, the dullest FE game this side of Shadow Dragon.

They could be actually adding all the missing characters (particularly from Awakening and Fates) to the game, but nah, let's go with bunny bodysuits, wedding dresses, swimsuits and endless pointless voting contests instead.

Surprised the "damaged" suits are so revealing and explicit about it. Even shitty gatcha games expressly about collecting girls in bathing suits aren't as lewd. Or well drawn.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Man, being strictly a fan of "old" Fire Emblem must be a miserable life. Not only do you not get to have fun enjoying the new games with everyone else, but you gotta rally around Echoes, the dullest FE game this side of Shadow Dragon.

We can't even rally round Echoes because it's not a particularly good game by the standards of the old style.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
They could be actually adding all the missing characters (particularly from Awakening and Fates) to the game, but nah, let's go with bunny bodysuits, wedding dresses, swimsuits and endless pointless voting contests instead.
Sounds like you don't know shit about gacha.

I guess gameplay isn't your priority, which is fine.

It is (hence Radiant Dawn being my favorite), but the fantastic story, characters, presentation, localization, voice acting, music and mechanics help offset the mediocre map design. It's the polar opposite of Conquest for me, which was a game with amazing map design that was ruined by its everything else.

Still better than every Fire Emblem game since Radiant Dawn (FE12 is arguable too), and with minimal weird anime fanservice, which was my point.

Dunno if I'd go that far, but I find the game flows better and is much faster to just sit down and have a few battles than most FE games. The FFWD option is great(could be in past games, skipped Birthright/Conquest). After seeing mixed opinions I was pleasantly surprised when I got to play it. Too many maps are just open battlefields though, or two sides with one choke point.

Moonlight

Banned
Still better than every Fire Emblem game since Radiant Dawn (FE12 is arguable too), and with minimal weird anime fanservice, which was my point.
I don't know how you'd argue this, lmao. Echoes is literally torn straight from the NES game, a game maligned for being both exceptionally simple in design and exceptionally tiresome in its' usage of enemies and terrain. Up until it's become convenient to hold it up as a hallmark of the 'old days' as soon as it's convenient to do so. And doing so really does a disservice to them given how one-dimensional a game Gaiden and by extension Echoes is.

You can argue in favour of a more 'mature' aesthetic but how you feel about the looks and tone of the game does not reflect on how well it is or isn't designed. There's a reason Gaiden was not a game that any future instalment sought to emulate in any meaningful regard.

Top Bottom