• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

... so i am currently playing through hoshido without much help. I already lost
suzukaze
due to a story based thing. i am playing it classic and on normal so guess ill have to beat this game multiple times.

Draxal

... so i am currently playing through hoshido without much help. I already lost
suzukaze
due to a story based thing. i am playing it classic and on normal so guess ill have to beat this game multiple times.

Need an A support with Kamui by the time that happens.

GSR

I'm still playing the game very slowly and I feel like I'm in bizarro world. Chapter 10 on Nohr/Hard/Classic was difficult but manageable, but I always wind up losing someone on Chapter 12.

There's some cool Fire Emblem If shirts on theyetee.com today:

Kmr5zfkl.jpg
gPUbuOl.jpg

NeonZ

So how different is the content between each version? Is it worth owning both?

You can buy the other version's campaign as DLC. Most maps are different between Nohr and Hoshido's campaigns, but there are a few recycled ones. Although when you add the third DLC-only campaign then about half of the maps end up recycled at some point (the starting conditions and goals are different though, just the locations themselves are reused - aside from Gaiden maps, since the DLC campaign adds no new gaidens/paralogues, just uses both Nohr's and Hoshido's).

Draxal

I have two 25th anniv FE theme codes (both MC and Female versions) if anybody wants them (free). They are only for a Japanese 3ds and won't transfer to a US version.

NeonZ

I guess there might be people who don't know about this feature here...

It was known that there was something called Bond Units, since the game's launch, but it was only last month that western fans really understood how this feature works. Basically, by raising bonds with other players (by visiting their castle, giving accessories, and registering their player card), when the bond becomes high enough, the two player avatars' bond breathes life into the land, giving birth to what is essentially a child unit of the two avatars - and, yes, male x male and female x female pairs can have children like this too, unlike with the S ranking supports.

This unit has a random starting class, and inherits the secondary class of each avatar, alongside dark prince. They inherit stats and skills from the avatars like a standard child unit. The actual unit is randomly chosen from a list out of possible children, which depends on the campaigns being used (so, Nohr x Norh has different possible results from Nohr x Hoshido). You can rename them, unlike Kanna. Their hair color seems to work like a standard child unit too, although it's random in the case of same gender pairs.

Their appearance was created using the avatar system, but they have a mark on their faces, similar to a brand, to differentiate them from the avatars. One of their possible portraits also is unique among the playable cast (a hooded man). Their personal skill depends on the actual unit that's randomly selected, many recycle personal skills from other characters, but some start with class skills as their personal skills, even Astra and Luna are there.

These units have no supports though, so they can't expand beyond their initial class set, aside from DLC classes, can't gain support bonuses (which are less important here than in Awakening) or interact with the other characters.

This is a shot taken using the fan translation patch, it's not mine:
1443377768928_zpsua0wz0t6.png

Serenes has the full list of the possible Bond Units and their skills, alongside more gameplay information:
http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/bond-units/

Vena

Their appearance was created using the avatar system, but they have a mark on their faces, similar to a brand, to differentiate them from the avatars. One of their possible portraits also is unique among the playable cast (a hooded man). Their personal skill depends on the actual unit that's randomly selected, many recycle personal skills from other characters, but some start with class skills as their personal skills, even Astra and Luna are there.

So... Robin? :p

We've had the *hooded man* since Rekka no Ken as the nameless Tactician.

NeonZ

So... Robin? :p

We've had the *hooded man* since Rekka no Ken as the nameless Tactician.

It's actually a reused portrait from a boss in an early chapter. But, yes, people were saying that the boss was just an edited Robin in the first place.
Curiously, it seems like the Hooded "man" portrait actually is also used for some female Bond Units (Murasaki and Yuugao above are female, while Nadeshiko, the last one, is male).

Hate to be the fella to ask but I've learned my lesson about using the spoiler-tagless search feature when looking for info in an OT...

How are the map and mission designs for the three campaigns? I had read about Conquest having been more in common with the older games but I was wondering how the other 2 panned out in that respect? I can live with an overworld and the like if the missions have taken a step up from the simple structure of the ones featured in Awakening.

I'm trying to decide between going with the 3 pack or just sticking with Conquest. Wasn't the biggest fan of Awakening so Conquest seemed to be a safe bet if Birthright/Revelation are just Awakening 2.0.

kagamin

So... I'm on Chapter 10 of Conquest on Lunatic Classic difficulty, and this is where the real game begins I guess. Furthest I've made it was 10 turns with no one dying, but I couldn't prevent enemies from reaching the defend point on the last turn. Early promotion didn't seem to help my chances either unfortunately, and I want to avoid doing that if possible anyways.

Kaisos

It's... really disappointing to read that the story is so utterly terrible given how big a deal the Iwata Asks made out of them hiring Kibayashi.

Any reason to hold off on recruiting kids? Nohr/Classic/Hard.

Short version: You can save Paralogues for when you think grinding out a level or two will help or for when you absolutely need a particular child.

Long version: With how Child Paralogue enemies scale to the level of the chapter you last beat (e.g. Ch. 17 has Lv 1 promoted units so all Paralogues have Lv. 1 promoted units) and how Nohr has few grinding opportunities as-is, you may want to hold off for an easier grind especially to hit Lv. 5 and Lv. 15 promoted for the skills. Alternatively, to level-up low-level units at a rate of 1 level-up per kill with insane set-ups that probably took me as long as it did to beat Ch. 10.

Oh, children immediately promote to the same level too, acquiring all stats and skills they would've had levelling normally, so if you're interested in using them, you can use them whenever without having to grind.

Astral Dog

It's... really disappointing to read that the story is so utterly terrible given how big a deal the Iwata Asks made out of them hiring Kibayashi.

This sad, i read the dialogue is terrible, could it be worse than Awakening? after getting an external writter to focus much more on plot...

Well.as long as the game is good...

GSR

Oh, children immediately promote to the same level too, acquiring all stats and skills they would've had levelling normally, so if you're interested in using them, you can use them whenever without having to grind.

So kids don't have a level based off of their parents', but rather on when you do the paralogue?

Cool. Last question - do parents pass down skills/class sets at all in this one?

From both parents, their last equipped skill is passed down to their child
From the non-determinant parent (i.e. the mother in almost all cases), their base class is usually passed down. Usually. If not, something else. I -think- it's the secondary class that's passed down instead, but I recall reading about some left-field inheritances.

GSR

Before starting Nohr 17: feeling pretty good, got a couple promotions, some S-ranks waiting in the wings, things are going swell.

After starting Nohr 17:

MqODiG6.png

I hear the only reward for keeping Saizou safe is a Speedwing? I might just let him bite it then; twice now I've lost someone trying to keep him out of trouble.

At least Effie hits 20->Great Knight early in the chapter for me, so her and Belka can tank the ninjas fairly well.

Is 17 one of the difficulty spikes, or am I just not prepared for Hoshido-class swarms?

Also lol Odin in this chapter

Voror

Had a question for those who have played this already regarding leveling characters. Does this run into the same thing with Awakening where eventually you'll reach a point where character get barely any exp, even from things like exp maps and the like? I realize this would be more for Hoshido, but was curious since that drove me nuts when I was trying to optimize every single unit.

GSR

Had a question for those who have played this already regarding leveling characters. Does this run into the same thing with Awakening where eventually you'll reach a point where character get barely any exp, even from things like exp maps and the like? I realize this would be more for Hoshido, but was curious since that drove me nuts when I was trying to optimize every single unit.

You're much more limited in grinding in general, even on Hoshido. Class changing no longer resets your level, so 40 levels is all a character gets unless you use a very expensive item to bump the level cap up for them. If you start doing that, then I don't know how it effects EXP gain.

You're much more limited in grinding in general, even on Hoshido. Class changing no longer resets your level, so 40 levels is all a character gets unless you use a very expensive item to bump the level cap up for them. If you start doing that, then I don't know how it effects EXP gain.
Wait. So you should just promote are soon as possible since levels don't reset? Are highest pre-promote skills still learn at level 10?

Voror

Oh really? I can honestly appreciate that then. So many possibilities on what everyone could be always drove me nuts in trying to figure out what class and skill set to pick for everyone. Even more so with the kids. The level cap item I suppose could change that, though it makes sense something like that would be super expensive.

Draxal

Wait. So you should just promote are soon as possible since levels don't reset? Are highest pre-promote skills still learn at level 10?

Well, the level does reset upon promotion, but there's nothing that resets it after that.

A level 13 cavalier and 20 cavalier will turn into a level 1 paladin. But a level 4 paladin that alternate seals into a great knight will turn into a level 4 great knight and not a level 1 after that.

Voror

Well, the level does reset upon promotion, but there's nothing that resets it after that.

A level 13 cavalier and 20 cavalier will turn into a level 1 paladin. But a level 4 paladin that alternate seals into a great knight will turn into a level 4 great knight and not a level 1 after that.

Are skills still learned in the same way at certain level intervals? I believe you got one skill initially and then one at 10 with a regular class and then 5 and 15 with advanced. So would you only be able to gain a maximum of 4 skills total then?

GSR

Are skills still learned in the same way at certain level intervals? I believe you got one skill initially and then one at 10 with a regular class and then 5 and 15 with advanced. So would you only be able to gain a maximum of 4 skills total then?

Yes and no. If you class change and you're past the level you would gain a skill or skills at, you gain the missing skills at a rate of one per level up. This applies to first-tier class skills as well if you're switching to a promoted class.

Voror

Yes and no. If you class change and you're past the level you would gain a skill or skills at, you gain the missing skills at a rate of one per level up. This applies to first-tier class skills as well if you're switching to a promoted class.

Okay, that's definitely interesting. Are level up stat gains still dependent on RNG or more set depending on class? Like would you switch from class to class in order to try and focus on getting specific stats up in prep of the final class you'd like to go for?

Top Bottom