• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem If to feature Base Building mode and head rubbing mode

Hikami

Activities around the base look really fun. Rubbing thing actually made me cringe.. I'll end up giving it a try anyways but I don't see the point.
Does it actually do something?

You better effin believe I'm gonna pet all my units into A-level support!

On that note: I really wish Amiibo/DLC units had interactions/support, I never enjoyed using units in Awakening that didn't have proper synergy. /:

Dad

Activities around the base look really fun. Rubbing thing actually made me cringe.. I'll end up giving it a try anyways but I don't see the point.

It makes you feel less empty inside.

Then my buff Berserkers will skewer their entrails on my castle walls and promptly be fed their remains to my Manaketes.

What if the invaders are an army of 1000 year old waifu dragons?

Damn that's scary.

----

That maid's voice though.

ZYzUEtc.gif

Moonlight

Banned
The motion on the rubbing minigame looks really off. I don't expect it to do anything either way - fluff like the love detector was in Awakening, I imagine.

-Horizon-

You better effin believe I'm gonna pet all my units into A-level support!

On that note: I really wish Amiibo/DLC units had interactions/support, I never enjoyed using units in Awakening that didn't have proper synergy. /:
Horizon approved.

Yokai Watch baby.^_^

But yeah, the my Castle feature looks soooo good.^_^ And that Bath conversation.^_^
Customizing my castle area just seems like something I'd spend hours on.

ffdgh

Really hope it's purely cosmetic. I'd rather not use it...ever lol.

casiopao

Increase Affection faster i guess?^_^ And of course WAIFUUUUUU.^_^

Lots of humourless sorts around here it seems. I shall use the mode to pet my dogs of war, a pat on the head for each enemy they kill in the name of my glory.

Neiteio

Maybe the rubbing minigame is more like a massage to relieve tension after your army has witnessed the horrors of war

The blushing and sparkles is just the way sensitive skin reacts to stimuli in this world of magic and dragons

This is just sad as hell, all the gaffers that will buy this just because of rubbing action with 2d girls, bravo vince!

Who said anything about rubbing 2D girls?

yDrVWx.gif

(Honestly though, you better be allowed to pet 100% of your units. I'm gonna be mad if petting is gender segregated.)

McNum

Quick and dirty

oNdljCc.gif
This is hilarious. It's such a weird thing to add. Tactical Petting Action for Fire Emblem? Didn't see THAT coming.

I do like the My Castle thing, building your own home base sounds fantastic for Fire Emblem. And then it gets weird. Well, I still want the game. I just didn't expect them to waifu (and husbando, equal opportunity petting for all!) it up this much.

The face-stroking thing seems to increase your bond, which they say will make battles go smoother, so it will have some effect.

Seems like the Love Detector thing is back (4:45 in the video). There's also some sort of pet management with Ririsu, who will grow/change depending on what you feed it. And some sort of mineral trading system, too. Seems like 'My Castle' is a pretty big feature, actually.

Who said anything about rubbing 2D girls?

yDrVWx.gif

(Honestly though, you better be allowed to pet 100% of your units. I'm gonna be mad if petting is gender segregated.)

From the narration it sounded like you can.

casiopao

Maybe the rubbing minigame is more like a massage to relieve tension after your army has witnessed the horrors of war

The blushing and sparkles is just the way sensitive skin reacts to stimuli in this world of magic and dragons

Dammit. Neteio u are killing me here.^_^

sd28821

The face-stroking thing seems to increase your bond, which they say will make battles go smoother, so it will have some effect.

Seems like the Love Detector thing is back (4:45 in the video). There's also some sort of pet management with Ririsu, who will grow/change depending on what you feed it. And some sort of mineral trading system, too. Seems like 'My Castle' is a pretty big feature, actually.

this game just keeps getting better and better.

Maid VA just sold me on buying her faction.

I have a bit of a theory that the maid/butler actually go with the protagonist (like Frederick & chrom's sister) and their "role" is to be subservient to you, no matter what choice you make.

Just basing this off of visual design/how prominent they seem, not anything I actually know.

I have a bit of a theory that the maid/butler actually go with the protagonist (like Frederick & chrom's sister) and their "role" is to be subservient to you, no matter what choice you make.

Just basing this off of visual design/how prominent they seem, not anything I actually know.

They do, it was in famitsu I think. She and the butler are from Nohr but will join you no matter the side you choose.

I thought she would be with the good guys and the blue haired one with the bad guys.

Based on the cover*

They are from Nohr but still side with you. There are some characters that will join you no matter which side you choose.

woopWOOP

Good God that maid's voice. Might have to to switch to English VA for this one.

Headgear's a small but nice touch. Jester hats for everyone!

Also 95% of my castle ground will be sheeps. Welcome to woopwoop farm! (I know they'll ruin my fun by limiting it to 1 per castle)

Neiteio

As silly as this face-rubbing business is, I will say this: seeing Kozaki art this close in 3D is really cool.

Between this and the cel-shaded cutscenes, which look better than actual anime, I wonder why more companies don't take this approach with their animated series.

Thoraxes

Maybe i'll just buy both.
She joins you no matter which side you choose.
Oh god, the struggle is back.

From the artwork, it looks like there's a different one for each side. Nohr's looks to have blue twintails.

Top Bottom