• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem If to feature Base Building mode and head rubbing mode

RiggyRob

So...Severa has a clone?
K0qAKca.png

There was also a Tharja clone at one point too.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's the superior version, Severa 2.0.

So what is wrong with her?

8sfU0ed.jpg

On the bottom left image she looks sweet and on the bottom right totally crazy. Her two voice samples are also different.
Psycho mass murderer confirmed.
Yandere <3

ffdgh

8sfU0ed.jpg

On the bottom left image she looks sweet and on the bottom right totally crazy. Her two voice samples are also different.

Ehhhhhh......interesting design choice.
Noire 2.0

-Horizon-

8sfU0ed.jpg

After their success with Tharja, they needed a new yandere face for this game.

Crimson looks really good, too. Charlotte (the new female axe fighter Nohr has) has, uh, interesting expressionsYou got to S support with 10 other characters via face rubbing before you unlock her
...worth it!

I feel like if you S rank too many people, they'll jump you later down the road, like in an after the credits scene lol

Nope. Her name is apparently luna.

But it's like, they look exactly the same :0
Like out of every character they've shown so far, nothing looks as copy and paste as this then lol

The Battle Bra was pretty standard armor for pegasus knights during the Middle Ages.

I don't know, there's something I don't like on her design. Tharja was not fully clothed, but that transparent veil looked better than just plain naked.

What in the actual fuck? This waifu-amie crap turns me off the game big time.

Well, it's gender neutral and you can always pat the top of their head and pretend you're their father if it makes you feel less uneasy. You don't (presumably) have to caress their lips with the stylus to illicit a response.

I think I'm done with fire emblem.

I still enjoyed awakening but this is going too far.

Also that maids voice, makes me want to stab my eardrums out.

-Horizon-

&#35013;&#30002;&#24746;&#39740;&#26449;&#27491;;165875483 said:
She's not yandere, just two-faced.
She acts pure and nice to be popular with men, her real personality is crude and boorish.
I'm fine with that too.

Golnei

On one hand, the SRPG genre has let out a final wail of anguish and died in ignominy. On the other, I can touch Ike now.

I don't know what to feel...

Entered thread for base building, ended up with something I really wasn't expecting.
Guess I was wrong and must eat crow, turns out Awakening's direction did in fact take the franchise to stranger places.

I never actually thought they'd go so far as to have a rubbing minigame - does that mean interrogation and motivation mechanics are inevitable in the next game? They have implemented clothing damage, after all.

Well, it's gender neutral and you can always pat the top of their head and pretend you're their father if it makes you feel less uneasy. You don't (presumably) have to caress their lips with the stylus to illicit a response.

That doesn't necessarily make it any less creepy...

Imagine if they had implemented it into Awakening - the player, first giving Morgan a warm, maternal pat on the head, starts to feel their stylus drawn irresistibly lower, to trace the curve of their full lips and sensuous cheeks...

Lusankya

&#35013;&#30002;&#24746;&#39740;&#26449;&#27491;;165875483 said:
She's not yandere, just two-faced.
She acts pure and nice to be popular with men, her real personality is crude and boorish.

That's nice, although I wonder if she has any redeeming features at all?

That doesn't necessarily make it any less creepy...

Imagine if they had implemented it into Awakening - the player, first giving Morgan a warm, maternal pat on the head, starts to feel their stylus drawn irresistibly lower, to trace the curve of their full lips and sensuous cheeks...

I was being a little bit sarcastic to be honest, but it is honestly only as creepy as you make it (barring a super weird implementation where you absolutely have to stroke a particlar face part for a reaction). Not everyone is the creeper who gets off rubbing Miltank's teats in Pokemon-amie. If you can't resist the urge, says more about you.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So...Severa has a clone?
K0qAKca.png
Heh, her line in that screen mentions that the player looks like someone she knows, but it's probably just her imagination. Guess Severa must've been one of Kozaki's favorite Awakening characters.

shaza

Neo Member

i had to mute the whole goddamn video because of her

the waifu-amie bullshit is so cringey tbh. everything else seems kinda cool though

Yarbskoo

I watched the direct but couldn't understand a word.

What are the details of the amiibo functionality? Can I unlock Lucina as a permanent party member, complete with face molesting?

I saw the camera move from top down to an over the shoulder view. Can you walk around the base in that view as well?

Lusankya

the waifu-amie bullshit is so cringey tbh. everything else seems kinda cool though

All the base building stuff is really cool, indeed. And the "amie" stuff at least gives us high quality 3d models of the characters. Now that I am looking forward to.

Corpekata

Banned
Wow I knew they'd be leaning into it more but not having maid girls and rubbing mini games territory.

Oh well, FE, you lasted a long while.

PsionBolt

All the base building stuff is really cool, indeed. And the "amie" stuff at least gives us high quality 3d models of the characters. Now that I am looking forward to.

Are we sure those are 3D models? I can't view the video in high quality right now, but I thought it looked like Live2D.

Is there marrying/recruiting your army's kids in this one? Or are the minigames the replacement for that? I never felt like getting far into Awakening's mechanics because I don't like the eugenics aspect of optimizing who to mate with who for skills and such. That and the game is a mess gameplay-wise.

It seems like they're going even further than Awakening's fanservice, and I'm still skeptical about any kind of gameplay balance and map design quality.

Is there marrying/recruiting your army's kids in this one? Or are the minigames the replacement for that? I never felt like getting far into Awakening's mechanics because I don't like the eugenics aspect of optimizing who to mate with who for skills and such. That and the game is a mess gameplay-wise.

It seems like they're going even further than Awakening's fanservice, and I'm still skeptical about any kind of gameplay balance and map design quality.

Doesn't seem there's children characters in this game, unless IntSys manage to cram timetravelling into this game for some weird reasons.

McNum

Is it confirmed that you can pet both genders regardless of your avatar's gender btw?

For me that's a make-or-break it game feature.
Didn't the menu have hearts with both male and female characters in the video? I am not 100% on who's who in the sprites, but I think it did.

Delio

Honestly the face rubbing doesnt bother me too much. Long as the rest of the game is still the same old FE im good. The Castle building is awesome though. I could spend hours doing that if they give enough features to it.

Draxal

It's not confirmed, but I'll really doubt it because they shoehorned it into the plot and the plot really suffered because of it (it was a callback to 4 ... but unlike 4 you could play both parents/children concurrently).

I think they'll improve some of the balance issues as stuff like pairing up/dual strike's numbers had to be completely be rebalanced. And you could tell that Awakening was rushed a bit as well as the scenario design in the second half of the game was clearly not there, so stuff like dual strike that needed a second pass never got it.

Top Bottom