• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem If to feature Base Building mode and head rubbing mode

As a commander it is vital for me to provide morale boost to all of my army.
Definitely. If it's not, then we can start complaining.

I just want to point out that I still find it odd that lots of people are alright with mass violence as opposed to any sort of romantic expression. It's not like Kamui is touching these people unwillingly. I know that some other "rubbing" games have dubious/sleazy premises for these mechanics, but this is pretty cute IMO. It's still a Nintendo game here folks, we're not gonna be groping our armies for status boosts y'all.

Haldinian

The waifu/husbando pet-simulator is just horrible.

Fire Emblem had always that 'anime' style and made fun with the couple thing, but this is too much...

Draxal

The waifu/husbando pet-simulator is just horrible.

Fire Emblem had always that 'anime' style and made fun with the couple thing, but this is too much...

I'm with you, I'm going to avoid this part of the game unless it's required for chars (that 10 S rank mention le sigh)

Definitely. If it's not, then we can start complaining.

I just want to point out that I still find it odd that lots of people are alright with mass violence as opposed to any sort of romantic expression. It's not like Kamui is touching these people unwillingly. I know that some other "rubbing" games have dubious/sleazy premises for these mechanics, but this is pretty cute IMO. It's still a Nintendo game here folks, we're not gonna be groping our armies for status boosts y'all.

And we all know we would if the function was there..

Oh the places pokemon amie forced me to touch by simply being there..

Watch insane difficulty be easy after you fondle your units pre battle
Fuck, how is that any different from your typical vita game? Sad that lonely weebs are where the money is.

Chaos17

On the japanese website
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/character/index.html
The five characters on the bottom in the grey box will join you no matter which side you choose along with Aqua. The others so far join based on which side you choose.

I love the character design!

chara_player.png

Watch insane difficulty be easy after you fondle your units pre battle
Fuck, how is that any different from your typical vita game? Sad that lonely weebs are where the money is.

I'm not lonely though, I just like my war simulation to have realistic elements like petting my soldiers for morale.

It makes me feel like I'm commanding real people, rather than simply moving chess pieces on a map!

xaszatm

Banned
I really like how one portion of the game that's likely not even that necessary (like seriously, how often are you going to need to switch support partners on your main character) is what's talked about more than the entire rest of the video. I mean, the thread title should be "rub characters faces in Fire Emblem If" given how much we've talked about it.

OT: I'm actually very excited about Base Building. Though as I couldn't understand Japanese, how does it work exactly? Is anyone willing to give a rundown of the different stuff we saw like that dragon?

I really like how one portion of the game that's likely not even that necessary (like seriously, how often are you going to need to switch support partners on your main character) is what's talked about more than the entire rest of the video. I mean, the thread title should be "rub characters faces in Fire Emblem If" given how much we've talked about it.

OT: I'm actually very excited about Base Building. Though as I couldn't understand Japanese, how does it work exactly? Is anyone willing to give a rundown of the different stuff we saw like that dragon?

it's neogaf after all, complaining about stuff :^)

flohen95

Yeah.... no thanks.

*goes off to replay classic Fire Emblem games*

But it's just a small part of the game? That's probably not mandatory, if Pokémonamie is any indication?
Does that make the game suddenly not worth playing? How does it become a bad game because of an optional feature?

And I not only direct this question at you, but everyone sharing the sentiment. I don't get it.

Draxal

But it's just a small part of the game? That's probably not mandatory, if Pokémonamie is any indication?
Does that make the game suddenly not worth playing? How does it become a bad game because of an optional feature?

And I not only direct this question at you, but everyone sharing the sentiment. I don't get it.

.... Edited.

This is amazing and I'm delighted by it. All of it. The base building, the hot springs, the pets, the confusing yet hilarious 'romantic' groping, it's brilliant!

I really hope they hurry up with the localisations! I want this game right bloody now!

Supposedly a character is unlocked when ten characters are s-ranked, so if that's true I'm a bit peeved about it.
Is this true? That's annoying as hell, then. Not only is the feature embarrassingly pandering, it's a waste of time too. I played with Pokemon Amie a bit and dropped it fast because it got repetitive. I hope it's feasible to get this character without having to constantly rub my soldiers, because 10 S-ranks sounds like a lot.

Super excited that there's a traversable base now, though.

xaszatm

Banned
ahaha... there... complainers can just ignore this stupid FE-amie then :^)

But then we wouldn't have something to complain about! And we can't have that! /s

Still, anyone willing to translate the video? Like, I'm curious about the shops since we don't have durability anymore. Did those jewel things do anything?

StormKing

Improving bonds between soldiers in an army through physical contact is a good way to improve morale and strengthen camaraderie. In Fire Emblem, the player commands a relatively small tight knit group of people against hundreds of adversaries. Keeping morale high is important. In Ancient Sparta, male bonding was also used to improve morale. If it worked for an ancient warrior civilisation, why not for Fire Emblem.

L95

Guys, guys, this feature has precedence.

Remember Ephraim rubbing Eirika's face in FE8?

For those that don't know, I'm not joking

MLH

haha, oh man that first person 'petting' mode is certainly something.
The other content has me interested though.

I mean, fire emblem is now on the level of your average Japanese vita game, what a downgrade for the series.

With a small but HUGE difference though, te avarege vita game only panders to male otakus. Fire Emblem clearly panders to those and a huge chunk of the female demographic with thing of games they love.
Its expanding its fanbase, not creating a niche game.

In Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, you literally had to sacrifice the lives of your teammates to get stronger ones. I like the face rubbing.

Top Bottom