• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem If to feature Base Building mode and head rubbing mode

Moonlight

Banned
As silly as this face-rubbing business is, I will say this: seeing Kozaki art this close in 3D is really cool.

Between this and the cel-shaded cutscenes, which look better than actual anime, I wonder why more companies don't take this approach with their animated series.
Because it's a) expensive and b) doesn't actually look better than 'actual anime'.

Multiple heart icons = multiple "romance" partners just like in Persona games?

No longer limited to 1 S rank per save file as per Awakening…?

-Horizon-

Now we know why Zelda got delayed...
tumblr_inline_nly2vxzvB91qkgj9f.gif

fedexpeon

Banned
I thought she would be with the good guys and the blue haired one with the bad guys.

Based on the cover*

Wait wut?
There is LITERALLY a good guy game and a bad guy game? Blond=good, blue=bad?
Not from different perspective of event but actually different in ideology and belief?

Moonlight

Banned
A) Is it expesnive?

B) It definitely looks better — it actually moves!
CGI on the quality of Awakening's cutscenes is inevitably going to be expensive relative to budget and scheduling of your average anime. If it weren't, we probably would have seen it by now.

I don't follow your second point.

Draxal

Can you imagine if the Amie part was for once faction only? Europian FE version gonna sell like hot cakes <___<

Harold (the blonde dude) is Nohr only as all those wyvern riders should be as well.

As for Pokemon amie ... was not expecting this at all, pandering was always in fire emblem's history but wow they really went full bore.

DodgeDusk

Ike and Marth's portraits look so good, almost as if Robin and Lucina's one look a little dated, in my opinion

The If website got updated, by the way. That BGM... so good

Clefargle

Well then, looks like everyone is getting sexier in this game. Baths and face touching are certainly know to strengthen bonding between *ahem* units. Looks fun but I want the maid to shut up, maybe the NA vo will be slightly less grating.

McNum

Wait wut?
There is LITERALLY a good guy game and a bad guy game? Blond=good, blue=bad?
Not from different perspective of event but actually different in ideology and belief?
Hoshido: Peace and tradition.
Nohr: Glory and honor.

Not explicitly good guys and bad guys, but... Hoshido, the white kingdom, look like classic good guys with a gentle queen, and Nohr, the black kingdom, has big scary knights in black armor and an evil king.

So... yeah. No, but kind of yes.

And now I wonder if you can pet the scary looking Nohr knights. That would be quite amusing. Like feeding Giratina tasty muffin-looking treats in Pokémon.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ike and Marth's portraits look so good, almost as if Robin and Lucina's one look a little dated, in my opinion

The If website got updated, by the way. That BGM... so good

Makes Lucina's Marth cosplay look horrible compared to the real deal.

U8S5AMB.jpg

So many great dudes in this game. My beefy man army will be glorious.

Terrifyingly awesome.
For real. I imagine all this stuff is super optional, so if someone doesn't want to partake of it, then don't.

I get the apprehension from some FE purists, but the marriage/dating stuff in Awakening is a huge part of why the game sold so well. Some people may not want to believe it, but I feel like it's quite obvious, so it's no surprise to see Nintendo doubling down on it.

Draxal

msq2czd.jpg

OMG Ike. O_O

I'm so glad I got his amiibo before the world went crazy and you needed to trade your soul to get one.

He was impossible to get at launch.

Anyway, the singer (songstress), the maid and butler in the trailer, the grey haired cav and the one ninja join you on each route.

Was her name revealed before? I can't remember
chara_w5.png

No, and this reveals the guy who dies in the original trailer's name as well (sumeragi).

Was her name revealed before? I can't remember
chara_w5.png
Nope, this is new.

Too bad she's probably gonna be evil/dead. (Or both.) Her design is awesome.

He was impossible to get at launch.

Anyway, the singer (songstress), the maid and butler in the trailer, the grey haired cav and the one ninja join you on each route.
But now it's even more impossible. It's literally seconds before they're sold out, and Nintendo can't get their act together and get some decent distribution to support them anymore. It's madness.

Hikami

Didn't see the part about amiibo functionality..
I feel worse for missing out on Lucina and Robin from Amazon now (´&#65381;_&#65381;`)

Entered thread for base building, ended up with something I really wasn't expecting.
Guess I was wrong and must eat crow, turns out Awakening's direction did in fact take the franchise to stranger places.

Draxal

Entered thread for base building, ended up with something I really wasn't expecting.
Guess I was wrong and must eat crow, turns out Awakening's direction did in fact take the franchise to stranger places.

Ya same, I wasn't expecting it to go that far down the rabbit hole.

Top Bottom