• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors DLC fully revealed

l7YGfod.png

linid0t

I was planning on getting the season pass because it's not too pricey, but this list is pretty disappointing. I'll really have to enjoy the base game to get this - as of now I'd rather buy an indie game I haven't played yet like Axiom Verge.

(Somewhere at Koei Tecmo HQ)

ALARM BLARING, PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND, DEATH STAR VIBES

Koei Tecmo Grunt: Sir, we've exhausted all the weeaboos' wallets! They've purchased all the waifu costumes and character passes, what should we do!?

Koei Tecmo Leader: Hm...what about the gays? Have we taken their money yet?

Koei Tecmo Grunt: Well, no sir, we...

Koei Tecmo Leader: Excellent. Make Niles playable.

(Back at NeoGAF)

Lights and Waves: YAS Niles is in!

Bahahahahaha!

Knew that was going to happen with how they've handled the game. They can't even do DLC right.

Also between this and Ayra being added to Heroes in the scummiest of ways today has already been a PR disaster for IS.

Sterok

I don't know why I thought Koei was better than this. I should've seen it coming, but charging for clones is still pathetic. Minerva and Linde are cool, but no Camus is very disappointing.

Surprised thjey just revealed them out of nowhere like that.

Solid choices, I suppose. I knew Tharja and Azura would make it and
the story support characters would be DLC,
although Olivia, Minerva and Linde are nice surprises.

Not sure what the "clone" complaint is about, though?

exfatal

Not putting Tharja in the base roster because they got greedy and knew people would buy her as DLC is going to bite them in the ass.

is it? basically confirmed my purchase, not a fan that she not in base rooster where she belongs but if she wasn't in the game, i probably wouldn't have even gotten it. Oboro and Owain isn't strong enough to get me to purchase just for them. Super hype to see her sexy witchy gameplay.

(Somewhere at Koei Tecmo HQ)

ALARM BLARING, PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND, DEATH STAR VIBES

Koei Tecmo Grunt: Sir, we've exhausted all the weeaboos' wallets! They've purchased all the waifu costumes and character passes, what should we do!?

Koei Tecmo Leader: Hm...what about the gays? Have we taken their money yet?

Koei Tecmo Grunt: Well, no sir, we...

Koei Tecmo Leader: Excellent. Make Niles playable.

(Back at NeoGAF)

Lights and Waves: YAS Niles is in!

This is accurate

sensui-tomo

Surp[riased thjey just revealed them out of nowhere like that.

clone complaint is probably the fear that they'll share the same movesets, hell I love koei musou games but with the new DW9 it looks like they'll be adding more clones to other games too ( lots of characters in DW9 are loosing unique weapons and thus movesets unique to said weapons and lots of people with same weapons are showing up when they had special weapons in dw8 so its a way to lighten the load with clones)

By the way, what's that "Broken-armor model" thing the article mentions? Haven't heard about such a feature in the import thread.

Busaiku

Owain, Navarre, and I think Oboro are already in the story, but they're only available as paid DLC?
No wonder this game is bombing and hopefully will continue to.

This is absolute garbage.

Ridley327

Surp[riased thjey just revealed them out of nowhere like that.

In FEW, there are character archetypes that are shared across different characters, where the only major differences are their appearances and their special attacks. So, for example, Minerva is likely going to share 90% of her move set with Camilla, as they're both wyvern knights with axes. The only NEW new characters are going to be Azura and Oboro, and they're likely going to share quite a bit themselves since they're both spear units.

Kevinroc

Azura should have been in the base roster. I know they thought that would have meant over representing Fates, but it just feels so odd that such a plot important character takes up a DLC slot when she should have been in the base game anyway.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Only those three games? That's disappointing.
I know Hyrule Warriors was the same, only focusing on Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword, but even then they released DLC from other games.
What a shame...

Pejo

The sad thing, this is such a niche game that there probably won't even be a FEW collection with all the DLC for like 30 bucks down the road. Shame, but I'm not buying a stripped down Musou with shit held purposely for DLC.

Top Bottom