• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors DLC fully revealed

R0ckman

I'm not usually one to defend games or anything, but I've seen this brought up... What is a clone in this and how can you tell that these characters will be clones just looking at a list of names?

sensui-tomo

The sad thing, this is such a niche game that there probably won't even be a FEW collection with all the DLC for like 30 bucks down the road. Shame, but I'm not buying a stripped down Musou with shit held purposely for DLC.

Hyrule warriors didnt have a complete edition either for the wii-u , (unless you count the watered down 3ds version which i believe had the dlc in it) none of the musou titles have a all dlc added here version.

Bahahahahaha!

Knew that was going to happen with how they've handled the game. They can't even do DLC right.

Also between this and Ayra being added to Heroes in the scummiest of ways today has already been a PR disaster for IS.

Big of a weird thing to be *that* happy about a "PR disaster" of a game series you're a fan of TBH.

I'd say something about disappointment but really, the moment they revealed the pack themes this was all inevitable, to the point that the only surprise in there from my perspective is Olivia (which is actually a pleasant one I guess)

In FEW, there are character archetypes that are shared across different characters, where the only major differences are their appearances and their special attacks. So, for example, Minerva is likely going to share 90% of her move set with Camilla, as they're both wyvern knights with axes. The only NEW new characters are going to be Azura and Oboro, and they're likely going to share quite a bit themselves since they're both spear units.

I knew Celica was apparently a clone of Marth but I didn't know it was this bad. I should've seen it coming with the three Pegasus Knights.

Welp, it is what it is. I'll likely enjoy it regardless of its flaws.

Sterok

Discounting Oboro, Azura, Minerva, Linde, Tharja, and Olivia are the ones who may not be clones. I actually think Azura won't be an Oboro clone given her water powers and very different fighting style. They've differentiated some foot swords.They can do the same for lances. Minerva is definitely going to be heavily based on Camilla at best. Linde could be a Robin clone, but something tells me that she'll be more like Lana from Hyrule Warriors. More acrobatic basically. Tharja is probably based off of Robin. Olivia has plenty of swords to clone from, though if anyone will surprise us it'll probably be her.

I'm not usually one to defend games or anything, but I've seen this brought up... What is a clone in this and how can you tell that these characters will be clones just looking at a list of names?

Some of these characters are already in the game controlled by the AI and they have the same/very similar movesets to other already playable characters. It's expecting the worst for characters not in the game like Minerva but there's reason to be pessimistic I guess.

I'll probably still buy this. Hope Tharja/Azura are fun!

Golnei

Azura should have been in the base roster. I know they thought that would have meant over representing Fates, but it just feels so odd that such a plot important character takes up a DLC slot when she should have been in the base game anyway.

I think including her in the base game but only making her playable through DLC would have been a fair compromise.

Clones in Warriors games are basically characters sharing the same weapon and moveset with only their Musou's being unique. It appeared to have been on its way out starting with DW7: Xtreme Legends by between this and DW9, appears to be coming back with a vengeance. That's one of the main reason's this games roster has received so much flak.

Effect

Tharja as DLC is definitely a dick move.

Completely expected though.

As for why they're revealing these now? I think its because of the sales of the game in Japan. They're low. Perhaps the preorder numbers for it outside of Japan are low as well. So maybe they're putting all cards on the table to increase interest.

I wonder if they're going to release the details of the maps, etc.

They really dropped the ball on this. Part of me thinks this just to capitalize on FE's growing popularity and be a stopgap for Hyrule Warriors 2 which will sell well and be good.

Ridley327

Discounting Oboro, Azura, Minerva, Linde, Tharja, and Olivia are the ones who may not be clones. I actually think Azura won't be an Oboro clone given her water powers and very different fighting style. They've differentiated some foot swords.They can do the same for lances. Minerva is definitely going to be heavily based on Camilla at best. Linde could be a Robin clone, but something tells me that she'll be more like Lana from Hyrule Warriors. More acrobatic basically. Tharja is probably based off of Robin. Olivia has plenty of swords to clone from, though if anyone will surprise us it'll probably be her.

You might be onto something there, that each pack will have one "premium" character in a sense, but the onus is on K-T to show up on that front.

HAPPY NOW SAMMY?! :p
I have to wait until March so, no.

And looking at the charts I can't say they are either.

I'm not even sure if I'll give two fucks about this game in March. It just gives me this gloomy feeling. They managed to piss so many fans off with the way they handled this game...

It's doing almost the same thing most Musou titles make in a platform with a smaller userbase. https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_videogames_1 It's also doing pretty well at Amazon and the shipped numbers are probably high too.

The DLC news disappointed me too, but let's not jump to conclusions about the characters or sales performance.

Alright, how do you think it will sell in NA/Europe, UK is up first you can predict that.

Draxal

They're clones in that they're already in the game and share pretty much the same moveset (but have different ultimate attacks).

Its like Ryu and Ken pretty much.

Griss

I imagine this reveal is in reaction to poor 2nd week sales in Japan...

...and I imagine that appalling list will do absolutely nothing for them.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Ridley327

Already i the game but not playable so...
Plus the clone description is totally arbitrary

You do have to admit that the could have done something far more interesting with the DLC than NPCs already in the game, and I don't think it's unfair to say that all you're really paying for as far as their inclusion is concerned are their support conversations.

Razmos

where the fuck is groose
dramatic-cupcake-dog1.gif

Im having flashbacks

Busaiku

It's doing almost the same thing most Musou titles make in a platform with a smaller userbase. https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_videogames_1 It's also doing pretty well at Amazon and the shipped numbers are probably high too.

The DLC news disappointed me too, but let's not jump to conclusions about the characters or sales performance.
Again, it's doing worse than Hyrule Warriors, which was on Wii U.
Fire Emblem has also often been a bigger franchise than The Legend of Zelda.
With the release and success of Fire Emblem Heroes, the success of Switch, and general strength of the brand, to see it perform worse than Hyrule Warriors is them beating expectations?
It only sold through 40% - 60% of its first week shipment in that first week, and has had poor legs since, so their expectations had to be really low.

Kinsei

Banned
Already i the game but not playable so...
Plus the clone description is totally arbitrary

HW had characters in the game that weren't playable but they ended up being added in a free update, not as paid DLC. It's a fair complaint that they're not doing the same for this.

You do have to admit that the could have done something far more interesting with the DLC than NPCs already in the game, and I don't think it's unfair to say that all you're really paying for as far as their inclusion is concerned are their support conversations.

Yeah I was thinking at least the NPCs would be patched in for free and make room for new characters in the DLC packs. Like Camus, Lon'qu, Gaius...

Again, it's doing worse than Hyrule Warriors, which was on Wii U.
Fire Emblem has also often been a bigger franchise than The Legend of Zelda.
With the release and success of Fire Emblem Heroes, the success of Switch, and general strength of the brand, to see it perform worse than Hyrule Warriors is them beating expectations?
It only sold through 40% - 60% of its first week shipment in that first week, and has had poor legs since, so their expectations had to be really low.
Fire Emblem has never been bigger then Zelda. Even in Japan

Also Hyrule Warriors came out in the Wii U's best year (for its standards). Not saying to much, but it's release window was pretty good for its sales

L95

Linde and Minerva are cool, and Olivia is neat, not really interested in the rest, especially disappointed at what they did with the NPCs

Top Bottom