• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors Famitsu info: Characters, gameplay info [Up: Screenshots]

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Chrom easily looks the best out of those four

The OCs are already starting to grow on me, but their designs are still kinda meh. They're not even as cool as that Darios dude.

Marth is also kinda meh, but Chrom is looking kinda cool.

Erheller

fire-emblem-warriors_zxqdv.jpg

fire-emblem-warriors_omr3u.jpg

fire-emblem-warriors_1ap0i.jpg

fire-emblem-warriors_mhq9m.jpg

sick sword lords

Blue-kun

Between "we're not adding Lords because everyone would have a Sword -> proceed to add new original characters who use Swords" and the whole thing about the roster being composed mainly of SD, Awakening and Fates charas, my interest in the game is pretty much dead.

So much for a celebration of Fire Emblem's history...

Village

Well, it's a mix of both, but essentially the short version is that a lot of the "older" (~24+) audience is on mobile.

Games like Yakuza target older men though on consoles, but they're quite rare.

Then of course the games that target overseas and have a niche following in Japan.

This is widly interesting, is there like articles on this? Because interesting it seems like... a lot of the rest of the world , while mobile exists still went in a direction where video games as a business became more profitable and are becoming profitable in the sense of being even sports. But even during things like evo and talking about pro players and such I got the sense that being someone who plays a game professionally is still a rare thing in japan.

Sorry for bothering you, this is genuinely interesting.

I like that the game graphics actually look like the cutscenes in awakening / the smash bros lucina & robin reveal, but the 4 characters shown in those screenies do nothing for me. Female MC is a massive step down compared to Sharena from Heroes who at least had awesome hair:

Here's hoping female Corrin is in/decent and doesn't get sidelined by that guy who has the same name but considerably less people care about, despite Intelligent Systems marketing constantly shoving him in our collective face :eek:

why is the girl blushing
Rosacea :p

jnWake

I'd love if we had characters of FE7 and 8 but I don't see the focus on a couple games a bad thing.

This way we can get some playable characters that we'd never get if the focus was on the whole franchise, along the chance of repping every class too. Hyrule Warriors had some pretty creative picks so I hope they go all-in here too.

Game is actually one of my most anticipated games for the Switch/3DS, as I've really wanted a FE Musou game for a while (though Smash 4 was a huge catalyst in wanting it even more).

The OCs look fine, though I'll be honest and say that both Alfonse and Sharena could've also been easily featured.

I like that they're choosing to feature more of the older casts, as FEH has been a nice gateway for newer fans to meet a number of them.

That said, I just want Robin confirmed so I can bust up mobs with my tomes and swords as well as my dumbass bff Chrom along for the ride.

TDLink

The fact you're comparing FF and FE in this way...

What? What is bad about comparing them? They're both incredibly important RPG franchises that change their characters and try to tell different stories in each game. And they both informed and guided their entire respective subgenres in certain directions.

Gravidee

Will Marth finally have an English voice this time or do you guys think they'll somehow have him retain the JP voice while everyone else is speaking in English?

hatchx

Banned
Looks great. The cel-shaded look really makes it feel like the official art come to life.

I expect this game to have better presentation than Hyrule Warriors overall.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They def. went for the right style with this one. Need a trailer next month.

tebunker

Banned
Sad no Titania but I can survive with either a Sully, Cordelia or Sumia haha.

Still playing Conquest so I don't yet have a favortite character yet. Leaning towards Effie bc I had her in Heroes and plan on using her a bunch in Conquest.

Neiteio

*Meanwhile, in Sakurai's skull-shaped fortress on the moon*

*Sakurai is reading Famitsu when he sees the screens of the OCs*

fire-emblem-warriors_zxqdv.jpg

fire-emblem-warriors_omr3u.jpg

*he sips from a mug labelled "UR TEARS" and sets the mug down*

S: "Well... I now know the only two characters I'm adding to Smash Switch."

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Hyrule Warriors had a very specific campaign set-up where the story branched into three paths: Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. These are also the games the initial roster came from.

Does anyone think Fire Emblem Warriors might be following a similar approach with Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates? I was thinking that Fire Emblem Warriors's campaign would have a different format from Hyrule Warriors, but I couldn't help but notice the focus on three games again.

That said, the developers would have to be insane to not include a character like Ike in the base game, so I'm skeptical that they'd follow the exact same limiting approach as their last Nintendo crossover.

The original characters looks so generic, they should just let you create your own characters

I'm really surprised they aren't, given how prominent that was in Awakening and Fates. I wonder if it could be announced in the future.

Neiteio

Hyrule Warriors had a very specific campaign set-up where the story branched into three paths: Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. These are also the games the initial roster came from.

Does anyone think Fire Emblem Warriors might be following a similar approach with Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates? I was thinking that Fire Emblem Warriors's campaign would have a different format from Hyrule Warriors, but I couldn't help but notice the focus on three games again.

That said, the developers would have to be insane to not include a character like Ike in the base game, so I'm skeptical that they'd follow the exact same limiting approach as their last Nintendo crossover.

I'm really surprised they aren't, given how prominent that was in Awakening and Fates. I wonder if it could be announced in the future.
Well, HW focused on OoT/TP/SS but then branched out to other games in DLC (MM, LA, PH, ST, ALBW). Perhaps Ike will get his due with PoR/RD DLC?

night814

Seems weird to have 3 OCs and not have them represent the weapon triangle. The guy in blue with fur could easily weild an axe and a Lance could go to either twin.

KT knows what they're doing and will release all of the 3-10 characters as DLC costing more than the full games MSRP. I will buy an FE7 pack just for Lyn and Hector. Would love too see an assassin get in there like Matthew or Jaffar.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Well, HW focused on OoT/TP/SS but then branched out to other games in DLC (MM, LA, PH, ST, ALBW). Perhaps Ike will get his due with PoR/RD DLC?

No matter what, I think PoR/RD DLC is guaranteed, like it happened with Heroes. Although I said they'd be insane to not put Ike in the base game, I share your speculation and do think it's possible that Ike could be saved for the DLC. Like with Hyrule Warriors, I think DLC should really help the roster, though I'd argue that Hyrule Warriors Legends and its DLC is what made the roster finally feel close to complete.

Since the big DLC focus for Hyrule Warriors was always characters and Adventure Mode maps, I really wonder what the "Adventure Mode" equivalent will be this time around. I guess perhaps world maps that allow you to select various maps/battles from past games?

Lunar15

So, what's the logic behind adding original characters to this?

Is the concept that non-fire emblem fans will be less afraid to buy it because they're not pulls from the series history?

Top Bottom