• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors interview (E3, casting, too many swords, Coliseum, more)

To those who are buying this game, I really hope it's to your liking and that it was an awesome purchase. I'm serious. It's always nice having more Fire Emblem.

But this game is not for me. I was hoping that different things would happen but it's became less and less of an interest. I'm not buying it but I hope that people who do buy it, enjoy the heck out of it.

Here's hoping that the sequel, or whatever the nexr Musou croasover is, is more to my liking.

I don't know how some of you guys would be happy with just Ike.

If Ike is in. I want Lethe, Haar, Jill, Rolf, etc. as well. Don't just put one character in. Guess I'm not upset about the roster choice since if there's a sequel, other games will get their repected cast in it.

I'd be happy with Ike, Soren and one of Titania/Tibarn/Naesala. Realistically I think we might get Ike in the base game if we're lucky.

Draxal

I don't think it's IS itself, but other Japanese companies that seem to overlook the international market. Note that Heroes included FE7 characters from the beginning for example. Amiibo support meant Ike was playable in Steam and Fates right alongside Robin and Lucina.

Exclusive focus on Shadow Dragon and Awakening/Fates only came with #FE and now FE Warriors, two collaborations.

Cipher didn't introduce Tellius until set 3 or Elibe until Set 5 past a year into that game.

And that's 100% Int Sys.

Astral Dog

To those who are buying this game, I really hope it's to your liking and that it was an awesome purchase. I'm serious. It's always nice having more Fire Emblem.

But this game is not for me. I was hoping that different things would happen but it's became less and less of an interest. I'm not buying it but I hope that people who do buy it, enjoy the heck out of it.

Here's hoping that the sequel, or whatever the nexr Musou croasover is, is more to my liking.
I loved Awakening and liked HW yet im not excited for this game 🤔

Maybe that will change but so far this looks like the other Warrior games even the ugliness/color palette

Xbro

PoR's and RD's situation is kind of odd, because the games did so poorly IS considered going in a JRPG route for the next title, dumping the SRPG genre, but it always seems to do well in polls.
Because the games are very highly regarded among the fanbase.

I have to wonder why it neccessitated them to create two original character lords and have the FE characters be guides for them. Im going to assume so they could put their own stamp on the FE lore with their own characters or they wanted to tell an FE like story except the recruits are characters from past games. How I would have approached this is like with Dissidia, some benevolent and malevolent entity snatching FE characters and using them as pawns. Maybe Naga and Medeus.

Draxal

I have to wonder why it neccessitated them to create two original character lords and have the FE characters be guides for them. Im going to assume so they could put their own stamp on the FE lore with their own characters or they wanted to tell an FE like story except the recruits are characters from past games. How I would have approached this is like with Dissidia, some benevolent and malevolent entity snatching FE characters and using them as pawns. Maybe Naga and Medeus.

Basically, its because they coown those characters, so if Nintendo were to try to do a direct sequel on their own they would have to license the characters from KT.

Did I miss Cordelia's trailer thread?

And here's some Anna artwork from Twitter
fireemblemwarriorsannaconceptart_thumb.jpg

Aizo

Banned
I have a few questions. I haven't been keeping up.

This game will have at least how many characters? Have they all been announced, or we are getting a few more? Will there be character DLC?

Gradivus

I have a few questions. I haven't been keeping up.

This game will have at least how many characters? Have they all been announced, or we are getting a few more? Will there be character DLC?

No mention of DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised.
The game is looking to have at least 20+ characters, but no confirmation yet.

13 have been announced so far

2 original characters
6 from Awakening + 1 extra for non-story modes
3 from Fates
1 from Shadow Dragon

They've not said anything about character DLC, but there is absolutely no chance this game doesn't have at least a season pass similar to what both Hyrule Warriors games had.

LordKano

No mention of DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised.
The game is looking to have at least 20+ characters, but no confirmation yet.

13 have been announced so far

2 original characters
6 from Awakening + 1 extra for non-story modes
3 from Fates
1 from Shadow Dragon

It is confirmed to contain at least 25 characters. Two will be announced soon, and we have yet to see any Shadow Dragon characters beside Marth and many Fates one.

I expect 25 characters.

shaowebb

Cards on the table. I never cared about Fire Emblem. The trouble its having in Musou dictates a lot of that...when it came down to it Koei is finding the characters super hard to differentiate from one another. Lots of same weapons and lots of same face and its all basically fantasy husband/wife junk.

I am a VERY big believer that a character either carries itself without a ton of written drivel to back them up or they dont. You can't just make every design so similar at its core IMO without feeling recycled. Eventually they all just get a ton of backstory to carry them through to cover the differences they lack in design.

I have no interest in this musou title because the roster it draws from just feels like the same dude repeated a dozen times over. Last thing I need is repetitive cast in a musou. At least in the DW games proper they eventually got to the point where there were plenty of distinguished movesets. DW9 is also scaring me as it seems to have thrown the gameplay out in favor of building a giant world. I dont care about wondering around a big empty nothing with clone movesets everywhere. Cart before the horse their Koei. Its all about the action and how to keep it fresh. They all end up being a giant castle or barracks any fucking way so who cares if I got a giant walk to stroll through leading up too it.

Sigh...it just feels like they went downhill after DW8/Orochi 3 Ultimate/Hyrule Warriors all came out. Since then they've made a lot of steps backwards with Berzerk, Arslan, DW9 currently, and this thing. Im hoping I at least have fun with Musou All Stars.

Top Bottom