• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors NA release date 10/20 + LE details

Ridley327

NoA just dropped this out of nowhere on their Twitter.

The LE contains the following:
-3 CD soundtrack
-dual-sided poster
-25 character art cards

DIWQOzYW0AAMZlc.jpg

No other details yet, including pre-order details for the LE.

EDIT: New details have emerged, including the price ($79.99). Thanks to ggx2ac for finding the news!

Fire Emblem Warriors Special Edition

This special edition comes with the Nintendo Switch game, plus three CDs with music from the game. Fans also will receive character art cards on 5-by-7-inch premium card stock, and a slip case to hold the cards. Finally, the special edition will come with a dual-sided poster showing the first Fire Emblem games the characters appeared in. One side of the poster will be in English, while the other will be in Japanese. The special edition for Nintendo Switch goes on sale Oct. 20 at a suggested retail price of $79.99, the same day the game launches for the Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL and New Nintendo 2DS XL systems. For more information about Fire Emblem Warriors, visit http://fireemblemwarriors.nintendo.com/.

EDIT (8/29/2017): Available for pre-order at Gamestop!
EDIT (9/6/2017): Amazon is up yet again! Sold out on Amazon for the umpteenth time!
EDIT: (9/11/2017: Now available at Best Buy! GCU members, rejoice!

Thoraxes

Finally a release date. End of October into November gonna kill me. Hopefully the amiibos hit the same day then.

Jeels

If this were published by Nintendo would we see it being a week before Mario? I see no Nintendo logos anywhere.

Erheller

If this were published by Nintendo would we see it being a week before Mario? I see no Nintendo logos anywhere.

Nintendo/IntSys launched fire emblem radiant dawn the same day as super Mario galaxy, so Nintendo's no stranger to bad fire emblem launch dates

HiroTSK5

I was really hoping for a Sept release, kind of sucks that it's coming out right before Mario because I know I'm going to put a lot more time into this than Mario.
Will get this limited edition though.

Jeels

It's being published by Nintendo. What is surprising is that the box art has the developers listed on the front, which is generally not Nintendo's policy. At most, I was expecting just K-T's logo, but throwing Team Ninja and Omega Force on there is a pleasant surprise.

Nintendo/IntSys launched fire emblem radiant dawn the same day as super Mario galaxy, so Nintendo's no stranger to bad fire emblem launch dates

Ah okay, I assumed that it was K-T publishing because of the logo on the box there with no Nintendo. Pretty interesting.

RedBoot

I'm guessing there's still some Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem characters incoming. They just did the smart thing for once and shopped them out of the poster. They already accidentally revealed a few characters in a similar manner for this game already.

Ridley327

lol that poster
It's dual-sided, and I imagine that the other side is a big key art with the entire roster that they don't want to show off yet. We still have the Shadow Dragon roster reveal, so we'll likely see that artwork when that happens.

Renna Hazel

Way too close to Mario, if this is anything like Hyrule Warriors it will take up much more than a week of my time. Oh well, good problem to have.

NoKisum

I think I can go regular edition with this. We still don't know what's going on with characters outside of the 3DS entries, if it'll have any outside of Marth, and multiplayer, if it'll have any at all.

They should have had Fire Emblem release in September. Going to be difficult to squeeze all these into October and November.

Will definitely be getting this though.

Renna Hazel

I think I can go regular edition with this. We still don't know what's going on with characters outside of the 3DS entries, if it'll have any outside of Marth, and multiplayer, if it'll have any at all.
It has co-op. Main reason I'm getting it.

They should have had Fire Emblem release in September. Going to be difficult to squeeze all these into October and November.

Will definitely be getting this though.
Pokken releases in September, they are also releasing MHS that month, and M+R is right before. September is also a super packed month. To be fair, so is October, but I get why they decided this as the release date.

RedBoot

I like Awakening, but yeah, all those past FE characters going to waste.

I gotta wonder how I'd feel about this roster if FE Heroes didn't exist. It does the crossover aspect better (was always going to be the case as a gacha game), and even has better original characters.

I hope Ike, Alm, or Celica manage to sneak in, but I'm not expecting anyone from outside of Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates until DLC.

I think Skyrim and Rocket league gonna come out in Nov, Nintendo gonna let them get some room

Agree. I think it makes a lot of sense to do that this year too. Will give Mario an extra month of sales, the Switch is going to sell whatever Nintendo can ship anyway, and it will help some key Third Parties find success. No downside really that I can tell.

I gotta wonder how I'd feel about this roster if FE Heroes didn't exist. It does the crossover aspect better (was always going to be the case as a gacha game), and even has better original characters.

I hope Ike, Alm, or Celica manage to sneak in, but I'm not expecting anyone from outside of Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates until DLC.
Things are dire when Heroes is the better crossover game (and I totally agree with you, FEH definitely is better as a crossover). Hopefully the gameplay makes up for the disappointing roster, what they've shown so far seems good.

Jencks

Banned
That is some ugly looking box art. I know it's been shown for a while but I figured it was just a placeholder.

Surprised this is coming out just a week before Mario...

The only thing I would really care about in this LE is the CD. Price is the main thing my brother and I will be considering if we want to get this and not just the standard release. My brother is probably getting this anyway since we usually split far as releases in the year goes and I'm getting Mario while he probably get this. We might just wait with how many games are out in October.

Pokken releases in September, they are also releasing MHS that month, and M+R is right before. September is also a super packed month. To be fair, so is October, but I get why they decided this as the release date.

Yea, I realize that but I think Fire Emblem would have done better in September. I don't think Pokken would have hurt Fire Emblem nearly as much as Mario does. I guess they wanted to give Pokken plenty of room as I could see people picking up Fire Emblem and skipping Pokken since it is an enhanced port.

Top Bottom