• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors NA release date 10/20 + LE details

Boogiepop

3 CD actually makes that sound meaty, as opposed to the fairly useless throwaway sampler junk usually in these, which I end up passing on and just buying a proper soundtrack instead if I want it. Any chance there's info of what's on said discs, or no?

Can't wait to preorder this... Figured the date was going to be close to the EU release date, but it's nice to have not only the NA date confirmed, but that it's also the same as Europe's.

Cleve

huh, looks cool. I'm starting to cool on cd soundtracks as I never use a cd player any more but if it's reasonably priced I'll bite.

evanmisha

Glad it's coming out sooner than later. The quicker it comes out, the quicker they can start talking about DLC characters. This roster is super disappointing for me. It's basically Fire Emblem Fates Warriors + Awakening (Featuring Marth from the Devil May Cry series)

MAtgS

I have been close many times as my Switch has been a complete waste of money so far. This announcement helps along with Mario+Rabbids and Mario Odyssey...
It always amuses me whenever I see Wii selling regret posts. "What, Nintendo made a new game? Who would have guessed?!"

Golnei

I wonder if the soundtrack will be up to Fire Emblem standards.

I actually didn't care for HW's soundtrack.

You can hear samples of it in the direct-feed gameplay that's been released, as well as the character trailers - it doesn't seem to be a huge departure from the musou soundtrack standard.

ggx2ac

In case no one posted these details:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...nnounces-Special-Edition-Fire-Emblem-Warriors

Fire Emblem Warriors Special Edition

This special edition comes with the Nintendo Switch game, plus three CDs with music from the game. Fans also will receive character art cards on 5-by-7-inch premium card stock, and a slip case to hold the cards. Finally, the special edition will come with a dual-sided poster showing the first Fire Emblem games the characters appeared in. One side of the poster will be in English, while the other will be in Japanese. The special edition for Nintendo Switch goes on sale Oct. 20 at a suggested retail price of $79.99, the same day the game launches for the Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL and New Nintendo 2DS XL systems. For more information about Fire Emblem Warriors, visit http://fireemblemwarriors.nintendo.com/

Man Nintendo, how are you gonna release this a week before Mario? At least put it at the beginning of the month! Looks like I'm gonna have to wait for a "complete" edition with all the DLC.

M-PG71C

I'll just stick to the original package and save the money. But man, its coming out pretty damn close to Mario. I'm getting both but time is going to be an issue lol

Mory Dunz

I have been close many times as my Switch has been a complete waste of money so far. This announcement helps along with Mario+Rabbids and Mario Odyssey...

....what announcement?

We've known about those 3 games since like January. Nothing's changed, so...

WonderzL

Banned
time for tiki

CHyzSEtWgAAa2QQ.jpg

bman94

Damn, only thing I want from that Collector's edition is the CD.

Can't believe they are shooting for October release. What the hell do they have for November? Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Renna Hazel

They aren't. I don't know why people keep saying that.

Because it was widely reported a few months ago that they were. I haven't heard anything stating, and I guess most people haven't. The news refuting the Nintendo publishing news must have went under the radar for most.

Nintendo's E3 page originally said they were publishing Skyrim.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390942

a9338b9ced5bd3030b91fc4616bb5fbf.png

However it looks like that might've been an error since yeah, their site now says Bethesda.

That being said I do think it makes sense that they want to give major third-party games like that and Skyrim their chance to shine in November since they're clearly supporting them heavily.

Shiggy

Nintendo's E3 page originally said they were publishing Skyrim.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390942

a9338b9ced5bd3030b91fc4616bb5fbf.png

However it looks like that might've been an error since yeah, their site now says Bethesda.

That being said I do think it makes sense that they want to give major third-party games like that and Skyrim their chance to shine in November since they're clearly supporting them heavily.

Skyrim is indeed published by Nintendo, it's not an error.

Just so you guys know this is available to preorder at GameStop.

Here is the URL for those wanting it.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/fire-emblem-warriors-special-edition/152966

Was able to get my preorder in :)

Doubt it. They usually plaster it all over their page.

Mario Rabbids wasn't on the page when I preordered it. I would definitely order it at Gamestop if you are wanting it and cancel it if you get it somewhere else.

Renna Hazel

I mean, you would think Nintendo would want to capture that Holiday Crowd with a first party tho.

I don't think Mario coming out a few days before November means that it wont sell for the holidays. Nintendo is good first party wise even if they don't have an actual release in November. They'll probably push Mario, Zelda with the DLC and their evergreen titles.

einer51

Longtime FE fan here. You do you and enjoy it thoroughly, but I personally would not pay that price for 3 "sound selection" CDs and some card stock/paper in the form of a box, a poster, and art cards.

Consitutes a day one/preorder bonus at best.

$5 shipping from GS and they have a history of getting our credit card info stolen. Yeah, screw them I rather not get the SE at all then order from GS.

Top Bottom