• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors NA release date 10/20 + LE details

sixclaws

Banned
Amazon is a bit wack with their implementation. The Collectors edition of Yakuza 6 has the 20%. Yet, this one doesn't. 🙃

Well the Amazon Prime discount for Yakuza 6 Collectors edition took a few days to show up after you could purchase it, so hopefully it's the same case for this one....

Bii

Best Buy pre-orders confuse me.

I ordered the SNES classic and the charge is still on my CC. I thought it was pre-authorization? Is it because I used PayPal?

Hopefully BB goes up tonight since I missed Amazon.

Yes, it's because you use Paypal. It charges right away.

Missed Amazon and though I hope BB puts it up soon, I'd rather preorder in-store than online.

Otherwise, despite paying more, at least GS has not screwed me over in any of my FE purchases so I may go with them.

ChrisD

I'm definitely going to buy from GameStop, but I totally forgot about this today. Otherwise I would have swung in to a store.

I can't afford it all upfront (not enough GS credit, and I don't know if it would charge my Debit card the total price as a hold because of that), so online ordering is off the table.

Crossing fingers for it to be in-stock tomorrow afternoon. That's all I really can do. 😐

ChrisD

GameStop doesn't charge or even pre-authorize when you place an online order. Just like Amazon.
o
Thanks, just placed one! I'll just cancel it if the store has them for pre-order in person. I like my store's employees, and I like being able to get stuff on day of release without shipping. :p

PayPal is always immediate payment, yeah? Even on pre-orders? I used to only have PayPal, so maybe that's why I thought paying upfront was how it went.

mrk8885

Banned
I put in a preorder on Amazon, but I'm not really sure why. Guess I just don't wanna miss out. I love FE, but don't think I'll really care for this warriors game. I just want to keep supporting fire emblem. I definitely don't need these goodies.
I'll probably cancel my preorder and just buy the regular digitally if reviews are good.

dukie85

They really need to put the 20% up. I hope Amazon doesn't classify it as a CE, especially since the Yakuza 6 LE looks much more like a CE, and it has the discount..

zulux21

They really need to put the 20% up. I hope Amazon doesn't classify it as a CE, especially since the Yakuza 6 LE looks much more like a CE, and it has the discount..

it's clearly a CE.
there is absolutely no reason to expect a 20% off on it.

the yakuza one is a weird exception not something you should expect with this.

if you want 20% off you will have to use GCU through best buy.

Ridley327

Huh, I guess this whole Prime discount thing is based on "whatever Amazon feels like doing" after all.

Ordered on my end and updated in the OP!

zulux21

Huh, I guess this whole Prime discount thing is based on "whatever Amazon feels like doing" after all.

Ordered on my end and updated in the OP!

yeah I had assumed the yakuza had it because it wouldn't be a hot seller while fire emblem warriors would be.

but I suppose given how slowly this thread is moving I guess it might not be so they put it on there to sell out their allotment?

Ridley327

Sold out again. I'm wondering if this is more limited than I thought.
It is still up on Gamestop, though I imagine the wombo-combo of there being no discount program and their ridiculous shipping fees means that far fewer people are looking to them.

Piscus

I grabbed one, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I already have the regular version ordered from Best Buy, back when they did the whole Visa Checkout thing. Hmmm, keep the regular edition for $36 and cancel the LE from Amazon, or cancel the regular one, pay back the Visa Checkout discount on the other items from that order, and keep the LE from Prime....?

crimnos

It is still up on Gamestop, though I imagine the wombo-combo of there being no discount program and their ridiculous shipping fees means that far fewer people are looking to them.

I know I canceled mine the moment Amazon put it up, so that's probably the case. Kind of suspecting demand might be a little soft for this one, but those soundtrack discs make it worth it to me.

Secured a preorder from GS yesterday and grabbed one off Amazon as a back up (and the Prime discount did apply at least).

Not sure which one I'll be keeping though of course I'm leaning towards the Amazon one.

Ninian

Neo Member
It's been up for a few hours now, i guess they have plenty of stock available. Since this is the only FE Warriors thread i see for discussion about the game, what happened to that "new info" we were getting from the 24 hour famitsu livestream?

It hasn't happened yet, stream is on Friday.

Maxinas

It hasn't happened yet, stream is on Friday.

Ah i see. Think it was nintendoeverything that mentioned the new info being shown at the start of the stream, but apperently it will be at the end. Shadow dragon characters will be revealed.

NeonZ

They haven't said anything about the Amiibo functionality yet, including for the two they're releasing with the game.

They've said that every FE Amiibo would be supported, although not what the support would be. Assuming the support isn't generic (which would make their wording pretty misleading), and characters like Ike really aren't in the game, I guess it could just unlock their signature legendary weapons, considering how they've shown that there are equippable weapons like armor slayers.

Golnei

They've said that every FE Amiibo would be supported, although not what the support would be. Assuming the support isn't generic (which would make their wording pretty misleading), and characters like Ike really aren't in the game, I guess it could just unlock their signature legendary weapons, considering how they've shown that there are equippable weapons like armor slayers.

I'm assuming that for characters not in the game, you'll just get generic weapons of a type that they can usually equip - e.g. swords for Ike and Roy. It's more specific than the generic amiibo support which could get you any weapon or item, but not anything unique.

On a related note, I still think Smash colour palettes for Robin, Marth, Lucina and Corrin would be a perfect use of the amiibo - it's inconsequential cosmetic content that wouldn't take much effort at all to produce, but still functions as a nice piece of fanservice which is tangibly tied to the amiibo's origin. It even fits better here than in Hyrule Warriors, since the costumes those characters had which were used in Smash were paid DLC, whereas they're part of the base game here.

You usually have to reorder it, which, in this case isn't possible, since it's sold out again. You may have to contact support about getting it changed.

For what it's worth I updated my order by changing my shipping speed and the discount was applied after that.

Femto.

So I called Amazon and they told me that the discount will be applied when the item is shipped even thought it doesn't reflect in my order. They even sent me a confirmation email assuring that I will get the discount.

Worst case scenario: I'll have to call again after it ships to get the discount.

dgco86

So I called Amazon and they told me that the discount will be applied when the item is shipped even thought it doesn't reflect in my order. They even sent me a confirmation email assuring that I will get the discount.

Worst case scenario: I'll have to call again after it ships to get the discount.

Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, try changing shipping speed or payment method. It should apply the Prime discount after that.

Never trust customer service reps. They told me one time they would apply a discount to my order after it shipped. A week after it arrived I asked why did I never get my discount and they said they won't honor the discount the rep was wrong for even saying they can give it to me.

Yousefb

Side note: does anyone know if this game features dual audio/language options? As in, if I download it off the Japanese eshop will I be able to play it in English (like some other switch games which released in Japan first)?

Top Bottom