• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors NA release date 10/20 + LE details

Think releasing in Sept like Japan would have been better, but w/e. Can't wait to not get this cause it'll sell out in 15 seconds!

I'm not getting this game at all but I'll help out with the preorder hunt. If I manage to get one I'll let a GAFer take it.

No more scalpers.

This is one of those series I could never get into (even the Zelda-themed one failed to click with me.)

But I imagine those are into it will have a very fun October with this and Odyssey.

Netto-kun

So it's kind of similar to the Japanese Treasure Box but they replaced the 80 pages artbook with a poster uh?

2caae7bb-8b13-4139-a91e-aca25e5c0b65.jpg

Yea, I realize that but I think Fire Emblem would have done better in September. I don't think Pokken would have hurt Fire Emblem nearly as much as Mario does. I guess they wanted to give Pokken plenty of room as I could see people picking up Fire Emblem and skipping Pokken since it is an enhanced port.
I don't think Mario will hurt FEW much, the audience buying FE is dedicated enough that they will get both, and the general audience probably doesn't care a ton for a FE musou.

Neiteio

Of course not.

It's missing Heroes incarnation of Marth, obviously.

Yeah, i've given up hope they'll have characters from about 80% of the rest of the franchise.
They've said from the start they're only featuring characters from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates.

At any rate, nothing they've shown has interested me so far. I'm pretty sure I'll be skipping this. I'll be busy with Evil Within 2 and hyped for Odyssey at that time, anyways.

Amani

Hmm, still on the fence about this game. I wanted to wait until more characters that I like show up, but I wouldn't mind that soundtrack. A little butt rock never hurt anyone.

OVDRobo

Too close to Odyssey for me. I'll use that and whatever else I can get on other platforms to keep me occupied until they add characters that I care about as DLC and maybe get this once the price drops a bit if impressions are at least passable. It's still incredibly shocking to me that I feel this ambivalent about what was conceptually one of my dream titles but that just speaks to how badly they've messed it up.

LE's nothing special, either. I don't even remember the last time I used a CD and a bunch of cardboard with character renders on them isn't exactly impressing.

NeonZ

They've said from the start they're only featuring characters from Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates.

They said that "most" characters would be from those games, but at this point it seems like the only exceptions will be the originals, which would be stupid from them. They could include a couple of really popular characters from other games, without their supporting casts (Roy, Ike, Lyn) and it'd certainly generate extra sales compared to someone like Hinoka.

Reki

They said that "most" characters would be from those games, but at this point it seems like the only exceptions will be the originals, which would be stupid from them. They could include a couple of really popular characters from other games, without their supporting casts (Roy, Ike, Lyn) and it'd certainly generate extra sales compared to someone like Hinoka.

But going by that logic, it makes more business sense to make them DLC.

Top Bottom