• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors NA release date 10/20 + LE details

Longtime FE fan here. You do you and enjoy it thoroughly, but I personally would not pay that price for 3 "sound selection" CDs and some card stock/paper in the form of a box, a poster, and art cards.

Consitutes a day one/preorder bonus at best.

3 CDs for a preorder bonus??? At best you get 1 with like 5 or 6 tracks on it.

I'm not buying this game but even I know that 3 CDs are a pretty nice deal along with an artbook.

Longtime FE fan here. You do you and enjoy it thoroughly, but I personally would not pay that price for 3 "sound selection" CDs and some card stock/paper in the form of a box, a poster, and art cards.

Consitutes a day one/preorder bonus at best.

3 discs is probably going to be the entire soundtrack (no variants), that is worth the extra $20 alone. If I didn't already have the standard edition locked down for $38 (and know that the CD's are going to be ripped in a matter of days after release), I would be getting it.

Ridley327

I'll add pre-order links into the OP as they become available, starting with Gamestop's link. I will also try to keep them updated once they go OOS, schedule permitting.

Mediking

They're hoping that people, especially new Switch owners, will pick this up alongside Mario.

I'm getting both for sure. Love my Switch.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Awakening + Fates + Shadow Dragon. Like they said from the beginning.

The beginning? I recall the first teaser trailer vividly, it said pretty much nothing conclusive about anything. Must have missed some interview comment tucked away somewhere I suppose.

Ridley327

The beginning? I recall the first teaser trailer vividly, it said pretty much nothing conclusive about anything. Must have missed some interview comment tucked away somewhere I suppose.

I think that the teaser had the gems that pertained to heroes strictly from SD, Awakening and Fates, so while not explicit initially, expectations have been keyed into those getting the vast majority of the focus.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Maybe this is a silly question since this is the first time hearing about this...but I thought Hyrule Warriors was the best Warriors game I ever played...sooo...is this going to blow my mind?

einer51

3 discs is probably going to be the entire soundtrack (no variants), that is worth the extra $20 alone. If I didn't already have the standard edition locked down for $38 (and know that the CD's are going to be ripped in a matter of days after release), I would be getting it.

Very fair point. I hope for fans it ends up being the entire OST, too often these CD inclusions are pretty thin.

Ridley327

Maybe this is a silly question since this is the first time hearing about this...but I thought Hyrule Warriors was the best Warriors game I ever played...sooo...is this going to blow my mind?

For the Musou spinoffs, a lot of the fun comes down to the IP they're using. Hyrule Warriors gets a lot of love for how much of the series they put into it and being a polished experience with some Zelda-esque spins on the formula. FEW has a chance to match that, but it is running into the roadblock of being so focused on three games specifically, one of which (Shadow Dragon) is more important than it is beloved. DLC will definitely be important for this game, since there's a lot of fan favorites that don't appear to be making the initial roster.

einer51

3 CDs for a preorder bonus??? At best you get 1 with like 5 or 6 tracks on it.

I'm not buying this game but even I know that 3 CDs are a pretty nice deal along with an artbook.

I was operating on a press release I read listing these as "sound selection" Cd's. That and there is no artbook, just some art cards.

If it ends up being a full ost I would certainly agree on it being a nice deal.

I was operating on a press release I read listing these as "sound selection" Cd's. That and there is no artbook, just some art cards.

If it ends up being a full ost I would certainly agree on it being a nice deal.
Still the fact is that I've never heard of getting 3 CDs, even if they were sound selection tracks, for a preorder bonus. 1 yes. But three? I want those bonuses back!

I preordered at my GameStop last night. It was Test Sku 53

LOL, I went to get a haircut today and suddenly thought "oh yeah, isn't GameStop just around the corner? I'll check there..."

Lo and behold, they had the LE for pre-order. Just cancelled my online pre-order, so now it can go to someone else!

LordKano

Not the very first teaser yeah, but when they re-revealed the game a bit before E3 they said it would only be those three games.

Shiggy

In Europe, it's definitely Nintendo. And those pages were put up long before Nintendo was announced as the publisher, looks more to be the case of outdated information in your links unless they ditched the publishing agreement already again (unlikely).

Also, Nintendo hosts the official website for the game:
http://skyrim.nintendo.com
Have they done that for other third party titles? I think they only do it for Nintendo-published games.

Ridley327

In Europe, it's definitely Nintendo. And those pages were put up long before Nintendo was announced as the publisher, looks more to be the case of outdated information in your links unless they ditched the publishing agreement already again (unlikely).

Also, Nintendo hosts the official website for the game:
http://skyrim.nintendo.com
Have they done that for other third party titles? I think they only do it for Nintendo-published games.
Ultra Street Fighter 2 comes to mind, though Nintendo acted as the game's distributor. Could be the same situation here, even with the publisher being Bethesda themselves as it was for Capcom on USF2.

Distribution deals are typically separate from publishing deals, like what Nintendo has in place with both Level-5 and Square Enix on their 3DS games.

Shiggy

Ultra Street Fighter 2 comes to mind, though Nintendo acted as the game's distributor. Could be the same situation here, even with the publisher being Bethesda themselves as it was for Capcom on USF2.

I don't see any link to the official website for SF2 on the game page, do you have a link?

Distribution deals are typically separate from publishing deals, like what Nintendo has in place with both Level-5 and Square Enix on their 3DS games.

The distribution deals are mainly in Europe. Did Nintendo also distribute USF2 in the US?

Ridley327

I don't see any link to the official website for SF2 on the game page, do you have a link?

The distribution deals are mainly in Europe. Did Nintendo also distribute USF2 in the US?

You know, I thought there was an official page for USF2 beyond the one on Nintendo's site, but there seemingly isn't! Otherwise, yes, NoA distributed the game in NA, and they always manage to sneak a copy in there whenever we get in more product directly from them. I don't think NoA is usually in the habit of distribution deals since the publisher presence is a lot larger in the US than it is in Europe, but since it sounds like Nintendo was the one that pushed for the game to be made in the first place, it seems like a special exception. It could very well be a similar deal for Skyrim, though there's not a lot to operate on with that since Bethesda has been handling most of the PR themselves on the title.

Man, I know it's a bit premature, but I'm starting to worry about this game. Why is it releasing so close to Mario Odyssey? That seems very odd.

I'll still get the game, but I'm worried about what I might be getting.

Ridley327

Damn the Prime gaming discount doesn't work on this SE. I'll order, but if Best Buy has it I'm jumping ship.

Yeah, the Prime discount doesn't work on LEs or toys-to-life figures anymore. GCU is undoubtedly the best deal overall.

Added the Amazon link to the OP!

I messed up.

I got one, but I had a 20 dollar credit on my account that I forgot to use on stuff I wanted in September. >_>

Oh well. With the prime discount and the credit I'll get it for under 50 bucks, so I guess that's pretty good.

Edit:

Yeah, the Prime discount doesn't work on LEs or toys-to-life figures anymore. GCU is undoubtedly the best deal overall.

Are you goddamn kidding me?

I guess now's as good a time as any to get GCU then.

Het_Nkik

Damn the Prime gaming discount doesn't work on this SE. I'll order, but if Best Buy has it I'm jumping ship.

Pretty sure Prime game discount stopped working on LEs/CEs/SEs back when it stopped working for amiibo.

Pre-ordered just in case but I'll cancel if I can get one at Best Buy.

zulux21

I messed up.

I got one, but I had a 20 dollar credit on my account that I forgot to use on stuff I wanted in September. >_>

Oh well. With the prime discount and the credit I'll get it for under 50 bucks, so I guess that's pretty good.

there is no prime discount.

anyways got in. now to decide if I want my $37 regular copy or the $84 LE :/

the choice will be harder when I get a best buy order.

RootCause

Pretty sure Prime game discount stopped working on LEs/CEs/SEs back when it stopped working for amiibo.

Pre-ordered just in case but I'll cancel if I can get one at Best Buy.
Amazon is a bit wack with their implementation. The Collectors edition of Yakuza 6 has the 20%. Yet, this one doesn't. 🙃

knkng

God damn it, they couldn't get this out at the beginning of October? I'll buy it day one, but I might not get around to it until December, and then if Xenoblade 2 still makes this year then I'm fucked. Talk about an embarrassment of riches. :/

Femto.

Best Buy pre-orders confuse me.

I ordered the SNES classic and the charge is still on my CC. I thought it was pre-authorization? Is it because I used PayPal?

Hopefully BB goes up tonight since I missed Amazon.

Top Bottom