• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

Nintendad

I'm playing on Classic and I tried to bring some of my fallen back at the temple and there's no option for it. Am I missing something or do they just never come back?

Hey, got the last Awakening memory! Oh hi Anna! Oh sh*t, level 80 stage @_@

I'm sure it's feasible using under-leveled units armed with Silver weapons. Personally though, I suggest you get through the Blazing Sword and Echoes maps just far enough 'til you unlock Brave weapons. Weapons make a pretty big difference in my experience, having poked to death a Lv. 80 with a Lv. 99 Lucina using a Bronze sword (don't do this) then again with a Brave sword (do this).

Good luck getting Anna!

I'm playing on Classic and I tried to bring some of my fallen back at the temple and there's no option for it. Am I missing something or do they just never come back?

Check the shop. Third option in the shop menu, second in the sub-menu.

Where's the best place to farm Captain's Bows?

Don't know about the best place, but any History mode battle with archers out front are a good bet for archer mats. Story mode's not so good. Under the assumption they didn't want lancers to be miserable every single chapter.

Is there any reason to pick classic mode? I was playing the Takumi chapter now and he completely smoked Lucina even though I'm pretty sure she had full health. If that's how it's gonna be a can't be fucked with this.

Gradivus

Is there any reason to pick classic mode? I was playing the Takumi chapter now and he completely smoked Lucina even though I'm pretty sure she had full health. If that's how it's gonna be a can't be fucked with this.
I don't think casual mode stops you from unlocking anything so go with whatever you feel like.

Kouriozan

I'm sure it's feasible using under-leveled units armed with Silver weapons. Personally though, I suggest you get through the Blazing Sword and Echoes maps just far enough 'til you unlock Brave weapons. Weapons make a pretty big difference in my experience, having poked to death a Lv. 80 with a Lv. 99 Lucina using a Bronze sword (don't do this) then again with a Brave sword (do this).

Good luck getting Anna!

Will do, I'm already on my way to unlock Lyn and getting Ryoma's skill on my most used characters!
It's crazy how fast you can attack with it.

ngower

I've put an hour or so into the game and boy am I lost. I feel like it's throwing a zillion mechanics at me at once and not really explaining their use or value. I died on Frederick mostly because I wasted my healing stuff trying to hearl Owain...there's no blocking mechanics I can see, but the dodge doesn't seem overly useful so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to defend against him. Is there a tutorial mode or a training mode or do I just need to go play through the premonition/prologue to try to get comfortable with the controls and mechanics? I haven't played a mussou since Samurai Warriors but the "slash a billion times" seems to be pretty much the gist of combat, it's all the ordering and allying and stuff I'm trying to wrap my head around. Any tips?

Tendo

So this turned out ok?

I really would love a port of hyrule warriors but this may have to fill that void for right now. I'm not as familiar with these characters but the combat and new techniques added look interesting!

Camjo-Z

Started off on Classic, lost Lissa to a totally random two-hit kill out of nowhere, discovered I couldn't use her in History mode either until I unlocked the ability to revive her, switched to Casual with no regrets. "Permadeath" doesn't really make sense for a Warriors game.

So this turned out ok?

I really would love a port of hyrule warriors but this may have to fill that void for right now. I'm not as familiar with these characters but the combat and new techniques added look interesting!

I have zero love for Fire Emblem and I would recommend this to any HW fan. It's basically the exact same structure but with a fun pair up mechanic, less stupid partner AI, slightly more focus on keeping all of your characters busy by moving them around the map, and a less grindy Adventure Mode with no items or pointless heart containers to collect.

Berordn

I have zero love for Fire Emblem and I would recommend this to any HW fan. It's basically the exact same structure but with a fun pair up mechanic, less stupid partner AI, slightly more focus on keeping all of your characters busy by moving them around the map, and a less grindy Adventure Mode with no items or pointless heart containers to collect.

Echoing these sentiments exactly. I don't really care about Fire Emblem at all (though I'm at least familiar with the series so I can appreciate a couple of the callbacks and mechanics), but so far everything I wanted changed from HW has come true with some exceptions.

I just wish crests were a little less grindy, but you at least get most of a character's combos from the start so they're not totally gimped like they were in HW.

Reknoc

I've put an hour or so into the game and boy am I lost. I feel like it's throwing a zillion mechanics at me at once and not really explaining their use or value. I died on Frederick mostly because I wasted my healing stuff trying to hearl Owain...there's no blocking mechanics I can see, but the dodge doesn't seem overly useful so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to defend against him. Is there a tutorial mode or a training mode or do I just need to go play through the premonition/prologue to try to get comfortable with the controls and mechanics? I haven't played a mussou since Samurai Warriors but the "slash a billion times" seems to be pretty much the gist of combat, it's all the ordering and allying and stuff I'm trying to wrap my head around. Any tips?

Block is on L (camera snap/strafe button).

Generally speaking keep people away from officers they're disadvantage against. Try and keep your party around officers with the down arrows on them.

NeonZ

There's block, ZL. Remember to use lock on before dodging/rolling. Those early stages with the tutorial prompts are pretty much the tutorial, did you choose to skip them? Also, the weapon triangle is very important here, even more important than in actual Fire Emblem, so avoid sending characters to battles where they'll be in a disadvantage (when you choose a character to give orders, you'll see down arrows and up arrows, which indicates enemies that have advantage or disadvantage against them due to various factors - weapon triangle, weakness to any specific weapon skill like armor breaking, flier's weakness to arrows, etc).

There's block, ZL. Remember to use lock on before dodging/rolling. Those early stages with the tutorial prompts are pretty much the tutorial, did you choose to skip them? Also, the weapon triangle is very important here, even more important than in actual Fire Emblem, so avoid sending characters to battles where they'll be in a disadvantage (when you choose a character to give orders, you'll see down arrows and up arrows, which indicates enemies that have advantage or disadvantage against them due to various factors - weapon triangle, weakness to any specific weapon skill like armor breaking, flier's weakness to arrows, etc).

Also, don't be like me and mix up what the up and down arrows mean. For the first ~10 missions I somehow failed at reading and got it in my head that an up arrow means I had an advantage and vice versa.

The game became quite a challenge.

Anyone else have issues with Fredrick constantly trying to go nuts and dive deep into enemy territory? I leave him alone for a few minutes with no orders and his AI goes on a solo-mission across the map and then starts complaining about how he's injured.

R0ckman

What the hell is going on in the Ryoma vs Xander map, its not really clear on how you stop either of them from being defeated. I hate this kind of stuff in Musou games.

random25

So I tried history mode for the first time,
there's this arena fight where you go 6 rounds max. First 5 are all cakewalks then the 6th round is practically impossible (at my level at least). Cordelia seems immortal there as she regenerates like crazy and I can barely put a scratch on her. Dunno if I should just bow down after 5 or try again for the third time.

STHX

there's this arena fight where you go 6 rounds max. First 5 are all cakewalks then the 6th round is practically impossible (at my level at least). Cordelia seems immortal there as she regenerates like crazy and I can barely put a scratch on her. Dunno if I should just bow down after 5 or try again for the third time.

There is a trap in this specific stage a lot of players fall.
Cordelia is not a standard Pegasus Knight but a promoted Falco Knight. If you used a Master Seal on a unit you would notice how big of an increase in stats it gives, so since the enemy Cordelia is promoted you must use a promoted unit to balance her insane stats. There is a reason why the S rank doesn't require the player to beat the last round

JacknZack

Neo Member

That fight is pretty much a trap unless you bring an archer with you. If you don't have someone with a bow yet, I'd just wait until then to complete it.

R0ckman

Does anyone know how the map Orchastrated Battle works? Xander keeps falling despite me having all but two forts a yellow and red.

Berordn

Does anyone know how the map Orchastrated Battle works? Xander keeps falling despite me having all but two forts a yellow and red.

You have to keep capturing the forts equally on both sides through the whole thing. If there's more of one side for too long, Xander or Ryoma will gain the advantage in their own battle that the other one may not be able to make up.

You do have to keep moving too, one of them will eventually kill the other regardless.

random25

There is a trap in this specific stage a lot of players fall.
Cordelia is not a standard Pegasus Knight but a promoted Falco Knight. If you used a Master Seal on a unit you would notice how big of an increase in stats it gives, so since the enemy Cordelia is promoted you must use a promoted unit to balance her insane stats. There is a reason why the S rank doesn't require the player to beat the last round

That fight is pretty much a trap unless you bring an archer with you. If you don't have someone with a bow yet, I'd just wait until then to complete it.

Huh that explains it. I managed to deliver her to half health at least in about 30 minutes of smacking before I got killed for the third because of a missed Dodge. Might as well just end there at 5 to progress. Thanks!

ChrisD

Just posting to say that Lucina's ending attack from Awakening's bar ending is the best kind of fan service. That box art recreation is so good.

JacknZack

Neo Member
Is there anywayvto take the voices off in the menu/camp/convoy parts? It getting kinda annoying selling weapons and the same line gets repeated.

You can lower the voice volume to zero in the settings, but you'll have to keep changing it back if you want voices in the rest of the game when you're finished.

Thanks for the answers above

Also, is there any penalty to leveling up with money vs naturally? I can't imagine there'd be any stat difference or anything...

mas8705

Also, is there any penalty to leveling up with money vs naturally? I can't imagine there'd be any stat difference or anything...

That system was placed in so that you weren't stuck trying to train up 20+ characters one at a time (whereas if you have saved up the money, you can boost their levels up faster to match your highest level character).

Nothing wrong with using money to train characters. ^_^

Yoshi88

So, Liane died on me in "Classic" mode on chapter 10 (Picked Rowan at the start). And although chapter 11 doesn't list Liane as "Required" i'm unable to start the chapter. I've yet to unlock a way to revive the characters at the temple.

So, am i stuck here not being able to continue the story AT ALL unless i downgrade to casual? Which i generally have no problem with, but i can't fathom you're able to completely deadlock yourself in story mode.

I could understand the need to grind for gold/ materials in history mode for reviving someone to continue story mode, but deadlocking before revival is even unlocked seems like an overlook on the developers, no?

I think I'm getting near the end of the story and I'm pretty impressed with the game so far. It seems like an upgrade to Hyrule Warriors in most ways, even though the movesets are kind of a bummer. That doesn't bother me a whole lot though.

Malyse

I am shocked how much of a Fire Emblem game this is. Like, tactics actually mean something and if you go in halfcocked you're in for a bad time. Granted I do have criticisms (like, why does no one have multiple weapons and why isn't magic a triangle) but for the most part it's a highly satisfying game.

I would buy countless amounts of DLC, like a map pack for the Radiant duo with Micaiah and Ike or and expansion of Binding/Blazing Blade with Roy/Hector/Eliwood. I would also pay for a DLC campaign like Heirs of Fate and The Futures Past that was just new/remixed maps without characters.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
What's up with the low vibration level in this game? Feels like Antman is inside my controller hopping around lol.

So, I think I missed it. Where can you go to see what the requirement's are to make Anna's shop appear in the campaign mode levels? Also, I guess I just got to the early mission where master seal's show up. Any tips on when to use them on units?

Fastrun

Neo Member
So, I think I missed it. Where can you go to see what the requirement's are to make Anna's shop appear in the campaign mode levels? Also, I guess I just got to the early mission where master seal's show up. Any tips on when to use them on units?
Anna requirements are in the menu, scroll down to 'Anna Requirements'.

You can use master seals whenever, but use them as soon as you can, as it doesn't reset the unit's level.

Top Bottom