• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

R0ckman

That reminds me: I'm up to the end of the Fates segment and the campaign never once set him as a playable character. Did I miss something or was that a weird design devision?

(Sorry to burst your bubble if it ends up being the latter, ahaha)

You have to switch him out in the map set up before battle.

Pengu

Neo Member
I didn't get to check the full details before having to go to work, but it seems casual/classic also changes how saving mid battle works. On classic you get a suspend point that you can load once.

I should have known better considering the source material but the music in this is so fucking good. Musou tunes are usually too over-the-top with all the guitars wailing at once but I love how you get stripped down versions of songs while paused. It's a super subtle nod to FE.

Voice acting is much better then I was expecting based on the few trailers I saw

Also. The game looks very pretty on handheld (Switch)

OuterLimits

Debating whether to buy the digital version now or wait. Game looks great and I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors despite not being a huge Zelda fan.

My main concern is that I haven't finished much of Fates yet. I'm assuming this game has huge spoilers for the mainline 3DS games?

B_Bech

Has anyone figured out how to check the Anna appearance conditions on a story map yet? Can’t seem to figure it out.

ryushe

God the character art is so good.
Ridiculously good. As I mentioned before, they made Lissa - a character I originally thought looked stupid as fuck in Awakening - look really nice and honestly, sort of attractive.

I dislike all that "who's waifu is best" shit the modern games have turned into, but this game seriously made me a Lissa fan.

AGoodODST

Played the first couple of maps. Really enjoyable so far. Voice acting isn’t as grating as expected.

Game actually looks quite nice too. I thought for sure I would be all over performance mode but the image quality drop is quite large and it looks a bit weird for some reason. Definitely staying on quality.

Surprised by how much a difference the weapon triangle makes.

jrcbandit

Amazon put my special edition in a fucking bubble mailer and it got beat the hell up. Box is all kinds of dented and crushed :mad:
That's Amazon for you, never ever buy a limited edition game from Amazon unless it's freaking huge that requires a box like the BOTW ultimate edition. They shipped me a collector edition 3 times as replacements and each shipped in a bubble mailer even though customer support assured me it would be a box lol.

That's Amazon for you, never ever buy a limited edition game from Amazon unless it's freaking huge that requires a box like the BOTW ultimate edition. They shipped me a collector edition 3 times as replacements and each shipped in a bubble mailer even though customer support assured me it would be a box lol.
Nah. They are just inconsistent. I got my Fates special edition and special Smash Bros Wii U edition in boxes.

Ironically. My Xenoblade X edition came in bubble wrap even tho it was huge.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
All the positive talk of Lissa in this thread has me worried I'm going to learn to like her with this game... I was convinced she'd be Agitha 2.0.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Man, gotta say, ordering characters to go to certain spots or go to forts or protect other characters and then they actually go and do that and dont kinda stand around and wait for you to save them is like the most satisfying shit ever.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Voice acting is much better then I was expecting based on the few trailers I saw

Also. The game looks very pretty on handheld (Switch)

Yeah it looks and runs great in handheld, played today at work and even like an hour ago in bed in handheld mode.

Slightly off topic, but regarding Owain, KT mentioned not wanting to do Children characters because of parents stuff.

Did they gave Owain have a canonical father? I always assumed it was Lon'qu becuase swordsman yada yada or they did just choose Owain for popularity?

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
Ally AI is so good compared to Hyrule Warriors. I can’t remember if any of my allies ever actually took forts by themselves. Meanwhile, Chrom usually has half the map under control by himself.

Shun

Slightly off topic, but regarding Owain, KT mentioned not wanting to do Children characters because of parents stuff.

Did they gave Owain have a canonical father? I always assumed it was Lon'qu becuase swordsman yada yada or they did just choose Owain for popularity?

All the DLC characters are regarded as one of the more popular characters from their respective games. Eudes is pretty popular for his trope and the fans eat that up, that and his relationship with Liz.

All the DLC characters are regarded as one of the more popular characters from their respective games. Eudes is pretty popular for his trope and the fans eat that up, that and his relationship with Liz.
I just figured Gaius would've been chosen over Owain. He always seemed more popular.

Granted I don't actually remember the charts and I was actually believed KT "no children" statement. Although I don't care for Owain, he's not a bad choice honestly.

ggx2ac

Just used master seal on a level 15 character. Not sure if I was supposed to wait until I get to a higher level first...

Character is still level 15 so I guess it doesn't matter.

Gradivus

Just used master seal on a level 15 character. Not sure if I was supposed to wait until I get to a higher level first...

Character is still level 15 so I guess it doesn't matter.

Class change as soon as you can, it just gives stat boosts and access to more upgrades.

hamchan

I’m having fun with this. Feels good like Hyrule Warriors, One Piece and other recent Warriors games. Guess Omega Force has that down pat.

I’m just wondering how much content there will be other than story since Hyrule Warriors was so full with all the adventure maps, I hope there’s enough in this package to match that.

Amazon shipped my copy of the limited edition with a clock my wife ordered. She went in to cancel that order but because it was combined shipping with the game, they cancelled the fucking game too and had the carrier return it all.

Grade A shitbags man

-shadow-

Loving it. Just wished it came out earlier this month instead off a week before mario.
Yeah I'm actually kind of surprised that Nintendo decided to release this and Mario within a week if each other. Sure they're two very different kind of games, but this seems like the worst sales strategy that I can think of since one of the two is freakin Mario. What it's Nintendo I guess.

-Absolutely scummy DLC practices, what with
I'm actually kind of surprised by this afternoon Hyrule Warriors DLC and support. That game had so much original content after the fact and it was absolutely terrific. Really weird that they decided to go this route this time.

ryushe

I might be misremembering but weren't there a few characters released for free outside of the season pass for Hyrule Warriors?

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
They could release the villains as playable characters later on. Medli was a weird case where she was probably meant to be included in the story and it couldn’t be done, so they gave her out for free so people would regain interest in the game (and promote Legends)

I don’t remember if Hyrule Warriors (WiiU) already had DLC announced when it released, but the fact that FE:W already has the different packs and character info made available (and three of them are already in the game) has me wary of free characters.

They could release the villains as playable characters later on. Medli was a weird case where she was probably meant to be included in the story and it couldn’t be done, so they gave her out for free so people would interested in the game (and promote Legends)

I don’t remember if Hyrule Warriors (WiiU) already had DLC announced when it released, but the fact that FE:W already has the different packs and character info made available (and three of them are already in the game) has me wary of free characters.

they announced it shortly after launch.

ryushe

So similar situations, gives me hope that they could give out the villains at least.
Which is why I asked. I remember Hyrule Warriors kind of being the same in regards to how it handled its (fantastic) season pass/DLC, so I was a bit surprised to see so much people livid with how this game handled its Season Pass/DLC, especially since Hyrule Warriors was more or less the same, at least from memory.

Is there anywayvto take the voices off in the menu/camp/convoy parts? It getting kinda annoying selling weapons and the same line gets repeated.

Suspicious_Jug

Neo Member
Which is why I asked. I remember Hyrule Warriors kind of being the same in regards to how it handled its (fantastic) season pass/DLC, so I was a bit surprised to see so much people livid with how this game handled its Season Pass/DLC, especially since Hyrule Warriors was more or less the same, at least from memory.

I think more of the hate comes from the initial annoyance that the packs would only focus on the three games already included, and that characters that are in the game will have to be bought.
I find the price for the dlc to be a good deal though. Though I am skeptical of the weapons, because Hyrule Warriors spoiled me with how different each weapon was.

ggx2ac

Camilla is too good for taking out large groups of enemies quickly.

Dash and smash, dash and smash. (Dash -> Strong Attack)

Kinsei

Banned

Hyrule Warriors didn't have characters that were already in the story mode released later on as paid DLC. When one of them even has supports on the cart it really rubs people the wrong way.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Camilla is too good for taking out large groups of enemies quickly.

Dash and smash, dash and smash. (Dash -> Strong Attack)
Her giant fire orb attack is so fun to use.

I think more of the hate comes from the initial annoyance that the packs would only focus on the three games already included, and that characters that are in the game will have to be bought.
I find the price for the dlc to be a good deal though. Though I am skeptical of the weapons, because Hyrule Warriors spoiled me with how different each weapon was.

cant wait for hyrule warriors breah of the wild edition with weapon durability

owain is a mage though (father is henry)

Duffk1ng

Anyone else feeling like this gets way more hectic way more quickly than HW? I'm guessing as I only played the 3DS version of HW that it was designed with not being able to order people around in mind that now that it's standard this time around they've gone way harder into needing to multitask.

Hyrule Warriors didn't have characters that were already in the story mode released later on as paid DLC. When one of them even has supports on the cart it really rubs people the wrong way.

They kind of did though? The enemy movesets are identical to the ones the players have, and Cia, Volga and Wizzro were functional enough to be the enemies in a lot of the stages.

edit:Missed the word paid. I'm a dumbdumb

Top Bottom