• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First English Footage of Tales of Zestiria, Digimon Cyber Sleuth + other games (PS4)

Fisico

Also, is it just the offscreen video, or has the draw distance in Zestiria been improved by quite a lot?

No I don't think it did, only element you could use to judge draw distance would be the save point in the first video and it appeared quite late.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Tales PS4 just based on that TV footage is clearly the way to go if you thinking of picking up the game on console. PS3 footage i saw was just tragic with FPS drops and pop up all over the place, 720p, lack of AA and its just a mess

Naruto looks like a Naruto CC2 game and that's all I want. Wish it were coming sooner than February 2016 but there's plenty to play until then.

With those Naruto games being so big on spectacle, it would be nice if there were way to completely turn off the hud during battles, even combo counters.

mejin

all games look solid...color me surprised!

Saint Seiya got a terrific localization for Brazil...people here will definitely be happy.

How is the gameplay of Zestiria compared to previous games? I would also ask about the story, but I'm sure it's the same recycled JRPG shit.

Mariip

These were all recorded during a Bandai Namco even in Brazil earlier this week. More footage will probably get uploaded throughtout the day by other websites as well, I'll upload them as they get posted.

What!? @_@ Well nice to see someone cares about us
i'm looking at you nintendo ¬¬

Too bad we can't hear the voices ='(

That digimon game reminds me a bit of SMT..haha

It's OK, it takes some people longer to realise the greatness. =D

image.php

Lucreto

So the only change for the PS4 version of Tales of Zestiria it's a resolution bump or are there more changes I didn't hear about?

orioto

Good Art™
Is Digimon just uprezed vita port or are the models redone ? Cause they look good, texture to. I would be impressed if assets are the one fo the Vita version.

Heyt

Banned
ToZ definitely needs AA, as did ToX

By looking at this PS4 footage it looked very improved over the PS3 version in that regard, textures and resolution looked like they were better as well. But with this off-screen footage one never knows. It looked very colorful, clear and sharp to me, though. Hope it runs smoother than the PS3 version.

The drawing distance is also improved aparently, even though is still far from acceptable, sadly.

RPGCrazied

By looking at this PS4 footage it looked very improved over the PS3 version in that regard, textures and resolution looked like they were better as well. But with this off-screen footage one never knows. It looked very colorful, clear and sharp to me, though. Hope it runs smoother than the PS3 version.

The drawing distance is also improved aparently, even though is still far from acceptable, sadly.

Yeah, I think its safe to assume this is running in 1080p unlike the PS3 version. I do think its using some sort of AA. Being off cam it looked great.

Abdiel

I have toz preordered and I'm planning to do the same for Digimon. I was never huge into the series, but the impressions seemed positive and I want to continue to support the localizations. I also have lost song digitally preordered because of hollow fragment re which I recently beat.

I want to platinum the game, but Damn I don't want to do the galleries stuff. Oy!

Shinrin

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't look like it. You'd see ghosting on off-screen footage.

Keep in mind the video isn't 60 FPS, so we can't tell if the game is running at 60 FPS or not.

It could be like DB Xenoverse, where the PS3/PS4 version run at 30 (well the PS3 struggled, but managed to stay at 30 on PS4) and the PC runs at 30 or 60 (or more if you configure the game in some way)

kewlmyc

I'm pretty sure this is not the first english footage of Zestiria =P

Also, is it just the offscreen video, or has the draw distance in Zestiria been improved by quite a lot?

Good videos, Digimon looking really good.
It's the first english footage of the PS4 version. Well first footage in general.

HardRojo

We had one of those events in Peru yesterday but you were not supposed to upload footage from what was shown. I wonder if they gave Brazil the OK.
There were plenty of interesting games.

Josh7289

Those TVs have overscan, don't they.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Cyber Sleuth, but on Vita. Nice to see it being localized though.

alexein

i'll get saint seiya later, toz on pre oreder.
But man digimon looks so good, i'll have to import a physica ps4l version from us.

zulux21

I'm assuming the digimon game doesn't have an english dub, but I can't hear the game at all in the videos.

is this a correct assumption that it will just be an english translation with japanese voices?

I'm assuming the digimon game doesn't have an english dub, but I can't hear the game at all in the videos.

is this a correct assumption that it will just be an english translation with japanese voices?

I think Namco confirmed a few months back that the game is only subtitled.

Nimby

Banned
Cyber Sleuth looks great, getting some great vibes there. Zestiria looks like it will underwhelm though, I think opinions were mixed about it from the JP release.

The zestria footage is alright ...it really feel the same as the PS3 version especially that floaty momentum of the characters .. i'm pretty sure i saw some slowdowns.but at least the game react faster toward each event and it's not a pixel-fest anymore.

Those 2 things were my main problem with zestria PS3 so i guess my pre-order is confirmed.

koutoru

I would love to see how far Zestiria can be pushed on PC.
However, I have a feeling that max settings on PC won't be that much different from the PS4 version for this port.

Top Bottom