• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First English Footage of Tales of Zestiria, Digimon Cyber Sleuth + other games (PS4)

Zestiria running animation is Mass Effect 3 running with the stiffest neck ever.
Game looks horrid to play.

Is Digimon coming to Vita also? That looks great. I'm also interested in Naruto; visuals look great. In CC2 I trust.

Kasumin

wmlk

Of course the first dialogue they show is about how super cool and strong Kirito is.

Cyber Sleuth looks great.

Is Digimon coming to Vita also? That looks great. I'm also interested in Naruto; visuals look great. In CC2 I trust.

It's for the PS4 and Vita. The PS4 version will get a retail release in the US, while in Europe both are digital only. That could change since it's a 2016 title and it's pretty weird that it would get a retail release in the US but not Europe.

It's for the PS4 and Vita. The PS4 version will get a retail release in the US, while in Europe both are digital only. That could change since it's a 2016 title and it's pretty weird that it would get a retail release in the US but not Europe.

Well, I'm in for the digital Vita version anyway =]
Thanks!
I was just afraid after them not localising the Vita version of One Piece PW 2, just the PS3 one. Such a bizarre decision.

ramuh

Excited about Tales... always am though. Disappointing that the main character looks exactly like the main character from Xillia.

Falk

that puzzling face
Keep in mind the video isn't 60 FPS, so we can't tell if the game is running at 60 FPS or not.

Um. A lower FPS camera, unless it's one of those wth a very low shutter angle or someone is recording a war documentary or something, is going to exhibit ghosting when recording higher FPS off-screen footage, since two or more frames displayed occupy each period of time the shutter is open. Hence my comment.

Sword Art Online looks better than Zestiria , which is not what I was expecting :( I'm sadly not hyped for Zestiria and might just wait for a sale instead.

kewlbot

i am super hyped to get back into digimon
if this game does well i hope the new digimon world game comes out in english too

omg, digimon looks sooooo good...

someone please tell me Guilmon is in there

9YB2Zxz.jpg

Digimon looks like a good rival against Persona 5...wonder which will end up being better?

Digimon is digital only, right?

North America is getting physical release of PS4 version, digital only for Vita though, yeah. Here in Europe it's digital only though, for both versions.

Ryan95

Is it my impression, or Cyber Sleuth on PS4 actually looks someway more "fluid" than the Vita version? I'd like to see some offscreen footage of the Vita version to make a better comparison, because most direct feed videos on YT are taken through a capture card, which kind of streams the gameplay in low-res and "slowlier"(?), while on screen even low-res games look more "sharped"

Wiggy

walking around with Metal Greymon like that is bound to bring a lot of unwanted attention, no wonder they got into a fight

Yazuka

Both Tales of Zestiria and Digimon looks good! I'm so hyped for Zestiria right now. And I'll be importing Digimon since we Eurofolks won't be getting a physical release. :/

Labadal

Digimon looks like a good rival against Persona 5...wonder which will end up being better?

North America is getting physical release of PS4 version, digital only for Vita though, yeah. Here in Europe it's digital only though, for both versions.
Hmm, so I will either get the EU Vita version or NA PS4 version.

No difference in content, right.

Labadal said:
Hmm, so I will either get the EU Vita version or NA PS4 version.

No difference in content, right.

EU Vita version is digital only. I think the PS4 version does have some extra content in it, actually, like difficulty settings, which the Vita version doesn't have.

I'm going to make a really risky prediction and say Persona 5.

The game does look nice though.

Well, yeah, I'm more excited for Persona 5 too, but there's always a chance it could disappoint. It has been in development for a long time now. I have faith in Hashino since he's a master director, but it could end up being just half as good as his other works like Nocturne, P4 and Catherine, for all we know. Cyber Sleuth could surprise people with how good it ends up being, who knows. Dark horse and all that.

Yikes Zestiria looks bad. All that scale full of nothing and poor animations with a bad battle camera in enclosed spaces.

Don't know if want anymore lol

I don't think they ever confirmed that for the PS4 version.

My gut tells me to expect 30FPS which would be pathetic.

Nesther

EU Vita version is digital only. I think the PS4 version does have some extra content in it, actually, like difficulty settings, which the Vita version doesn't have.

Well, yeah, I'm more excited for Persona 5 too, but there's always a chance it could disappoint. It has been in development for a long time now. I have faith in Hashino since he's a master director, but it could end up being just half as good as his other works like Nocturne, P4 and Catherine, for all we know. Cyber Sleuth could surprise people with how good it ends up being, who knows. Dark horse and all that.

Eh, 4 years for their first HD RPG is not that long, given the fact that they used a new engine for it.

kewlmyc

is it really ? between a port of last - gen game and a game made for the current hardware ?

Lost Song was made for PS3 and Vita. Sure, Vita is current hardware, but if a port of a game on Vita and PS3 are capable of that draw distance and enemy/NPC count onscreen, then Tales, which is also a PS3 based port and has a bigger budget/team I imagine, should be capable of more than just that. This is the first "open world" Tales, so maybe they're loading all the areas at once unlike Lost Song.

Bebpo

Banned
PS4 Zestria looks like...PS3 one :\

The two improvements after playing the PS3 version that the PS4/PC version ABSOLUTELY NEEDS are: AFx16 & 60fps. The AF still looks bad and it still looks 30fps...what are they doing...

Lost Song was made for PS3 and Vita. Sure, Vita is current hardware, but if a port of a game on Vita and PS3 are capable of that draw distance and enemy/NPC count onscreen, then Tales, which is also a PS3 based port and has a bigger budget/team I imagine, should be capable of more than just that. This is the first "open world" Tales, so maybe they're loading all the areas at once unlike Lost Song.

Having played zestria i can tell you that the PS3 version worked like FF12 ,and that the areas aren't loaded at once.
I don't think that the PS4 version will change this.

I still think that Zestria is the more demanding game if only for the sheer amount of animation it has to have in memory at once.

Top Bottom