• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Disney XD's Spider-Man Animated Series

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I like it. Animations bring over the Spider-Man style fine, also that Peter reminds me of Spectacular, too.

Everything's better than Ultimate anyway.

Gravidee

The animation quality is pretty bad, looks like something that would be better suited as some kind of web animation (haha) series on YouTube. I still miss the days of Spectacular Spiderman. It had a simplistic art style, but the fluidity of the animation more than made up for it.

kunonabi

I knew this would be awful. Insomniac are quite literally my only hope for a non-cringe Spiderman experience right now.

Either that or I've officially out-grown the character. I simply don't understand why they are doubling down so hard on his teenage appearance and experiences in their media.

Best wishes.

At this point I just read renew your vows and call it a day. I freaking hate everything else they do with Spidey these days and I never liked teen Spider-Man all that much to begin with.

That said, it probably is the smart thing to do from a business point of view.

Chemo

Looks like absolute shit compared to Spectacular Spider-Man, just like Ultimate did. Not interested.

So the backgrounds are basically Bubsy 3D environments?

evyPhRW.png

Like, come the fuck on.

Animation looked better than I expected. And I know Peter is supposed to be a smart-ass behind the mask, but that's a lot of fucking talking.

SRG01

Why is Disney XD downgrading all their cartoons? The new Tangled cartoon, for instance, looks like it was animated with a shoestring budget, and TMNT Season 5 is now split up into mini episodic arcs.

edit: Wait, TMNT is Nick. Sorry.

Looks worse than Ultimate Spiderman.

I have a feeling that they're cutting the budget of their TV animation studios or something, because everything looks bad.

He derailed a train because he wanted to be cute at the turnstile.

Looks like a re-brand just to make him look more like the new kid, otherwise it has the look and feel of Ultimate.

Kaizer

Banned
Man, the animation overall looks incredibly disappointing. It seems like since Marvel started creating all their cartoons to promote the MCU, the quality of the work has gone down quite a bit. I REALLY miss Spectacular Spider-Man & Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes.

The joke delivery could use some work. Whoever is voicing Spider-Man is not Josh Keaton. Otherwise, I like the animation and choreography. The subway card gag was funny.

Wrong. They toned rhe action down for kids, but the supporting cast was superb.

Plus it's the only incarnation to have the balls to push Peter through college and married life.

I'm sorry, I'm gonna need specific instances of the show shitting itself or bad characterization. It recycled footage I guess.

The Secret Wars didn't vomit every Marvel character onto the screen, just the ones who had TV shows at the time.

It was alright, the acting was a little too melodramtic and I thought the supporting cast was kinda bland, I mean some of them were okay but most of them were bland. There were some good thing TAS did but it was kinda meh imo

dh4niel

I thought it looked great. Backgrounds aren't an issue for me, some of you guys are way too picky. Be glad it's not some tie in BS. It could've been a lot worse.

sirap

Haven't watched it yet but if the budget is like every other show they've outsourced to Asia I would keep my expectations low :p

Hmm not sure I'm digging the artstyle. Seems a bit too kiddyish for me, which isn't how I'd envision a current Spider-Man show to be.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Western animation is down the drain, my God. Look at this and that Star Wars ladies show and tell me they haven't regressed.

Newgrounds-level shit.

Number_6

Doesn't look or sound good. I don't like the designs, the style, or the quality. I don't like the voice actor for Spidey. And he talked way too much, even for Spider-Man, and the stuff he was saying was too...for kids, I guess.

Just bring back Spectacular already.

Western animation is down the drain, my God. Look at this and that Star Wars ladies show and tell me they haven't regressed.

Newgrounds-level shit.

That Star Wars show is insulting alright, especially since Clone Wars and to a lesser extent Rebels are so high budget.

Busaiku

Marvel movies good
Marvel tv shows good
Marvel cartoons animation bad

Dc movies bad
Dc tv shows good
Dc cartoons gold

Funny that
DC cartoons have been slipping lately.
The New 52 stuff (the movies) have largely been bland/bad.
And then there's The Killing Joke. Batman and Harley Quinn looks to follow up on that.
isnt this like the 5th Spider-Man series from Disney XD. They need to stick to one for more than a season and a half.
Ultimate Spider-Man has more episodes than Spider-Man The Animated Series, Spider-Man Unlimited, and Spectacular Spider-Man combined.

Wiseblade

At this point, I've just given up hope of getting a show I like out of the current Marvel Animation. At least they can't take Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes away from me.

Top Bottom