• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Hugh Jackman as The Wolverine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer version of poster art.

HwwgO.jpg

lmfao

can u smell what the wolverine is cooking?????

Platy

The claws don't look like metal ... wich is strange since it is after X3

Also, if anyone cares, the movie will have the subtittle "immortal" here in Brazil

SJRB

Gold Member
Claws look fake indeed. And those veins on his arms cannot be real. I mean, come on. Look at that vein on his right bicep, that's crazy.

okay, what's the deal with the claws? why is it they look like garbage compared to those in the first two x-men movies? what the hell is going on? fox being cheap bastards or the cg company they've gone with can't get it right?

i-Lo

As a short guy, besides Vegetable..vegeta, Wolverine was the only other superhero that exists as a major character. It's a shame how they mutilated that detail. Wolfy was no more than 5'3" and Jackman is 6'2" I believe.

Akahige

okay, what's the deal with the claws? why is it they look like garbage compared to those in the first two x-men movies? what the hell is going on? fox being cheap bastards or the cg company they've gone with can't get it right?
It's a promo shot not a screenshot of the final product.

It's a promo shot not a screenshot of the final product.

it's like déjà vu. I remember the promo shots, etc for origins looking similarly hokey and unfinished and we know how the final version turned out.

it just seems strange that after they nailed the look in past movies, they can't seem to get it right in the stand-alone movies.

After the unsatisfying Wolverine Origins I should have EXTREMELY low expectations for the sequel but something about Wolvie in Japan does it for me. Here is hoping its the Batman Begins reboot to Origins Batman & Robin.

Platy

I will go with that option.

The first 2 movies had ACTUAL PROPS for the claws.

IceCold

The fuck is this shit? Seriously. You have movies like Benjamin Button that can age and reverse the age of an actor seamlessly, movies that can make fantasy worlds look real, and these guys choke at creating 6 realistic looking making claws? People have to learn not just how to do CGI properly but when to you use it. If you don't need to, don't.

I was thinking of who they would cast in a Starcraft movie and I think jackman would make a good James Raynor. And Charlize Theron would be Kerrigan.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
We know he has claws, does he have to have them out in every photo.

Their metal again now....

Remember that scene when they first came out of his skin at the bar in x1. Magic.

JdFoX187

Banned
They look a hell of a lot better in that pic than they did in the first, and certainly better than any of that shit in X-Men: Origins.

This is what I was thinking. Didn't we already get one? I guess Spidey got a reboot and all, but I just don't see Wolverine a big deal I guess to see him in so many movies lately.

Wolverine is extremely popular. In fact it's become a running gag that he's featured in a laughably high number of comic books every month, because he's such a huge selling point that Marvel shamelessly shoehorns him everywhere.

Ice 9

Banned
Wolverine is the worst X-Men and I wish they didn't put so much focus on him. He's also annoying Marvel vs Capcom 3.

The claw CGI is weird as fak.

Beth Cyra

Wolverine is the worst X-Men and I wish they didn't put so much focus on him. He's also annoying Marvel vs Capcom 3.

The claw CGI is weird as fak.
I don't see how he could be any worse then shit like Mr Eeeextreme from he 90's. thankfully for me I actually love Wolverine so got lucky that he is easily the most popular X Man, sadly my love hasn't translated over to his movie form:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom