• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Hugh Jackman as The Wolverine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangold said The Outlaw Josey Wales was a big influence on this film because it was a neat and concise way of immediately setting a character up on a journey of loss, rage and revenge.

We all know Wolverine can’t be hurt but, in this film, we’ll learn what his “kryptonite” is.

Is it.... is it love?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Where the first few Wolverine movies were all about his origin and how he became this person, this movie surmises that we’re tired of that. It deals with Wolverine’s future and the fact that he’s (their words) immortal. What is it like to live forever? What’s the weight of that? Both Mangold and Jackman agreed the audience had enough of the character looking back and it was time to look forward at how he’s going to live.

Old Man Logan?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
EDIT who am I kidding this is the company that made Deadpool - Merc without a mouth
taylor-lautner-b.jpg

Romulus
My command of the english language isnt great enough to truly express my horror at the very thought of this happening.
Considering its Halloween im surprised this is the scariest thing ive seen today.

That is one hell of a poster.
I want it!

Nizz

That poster and description look and sound pretty goddamned good to me!
Same here. That poster is great. Hoping the direction they're taking delivers. Knight & Day was pretty awesome so having Mangold directing Wolverine gives me hope.

Yeah, I really don't have a problem with this news. Although, I always wished they'd gone with the alternate ending for Logan in X3, with him running back to Canada and ending up in the same dive bar from the first movie. It seemed more the sort of thing he'd do after mercy-killing Jean, rather than staying on to help run the school in Xavier's stead. Given this latest news it would have been a better ending to lead into this new film, too.

Alternate ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOc_7H-_7oY

Actually, there are a LOT of alternate scenes from X3 I wish they'd stuck with. Some terrible decisions were made with this film.
Watching this scene and I agree, it would have made a great bridge to this new Wolverine movie. Man, X3 disappointed me. I've seen worse superhero movies but I often wonder how a Bryan Singer directed X3 would have turned out. :(

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Watching this scene and I agree, it would have made a great bridge to this new Wolverine movie. Man, X3 disappointed me. I've seen worse superhero movies but I often wonder how a Bryan Singer directed X3 would have turned out. :(
Seriously, you look at the alternate versions of scenes on the DVD, and you realize that Ratner made literally every wrong decision possible.

effzee

Hyped more for this than Iron Man 3!

Just love how into the character he is and hate how terribly its been handled in the past 2-3 movies.

MAKE IT HAPPEN MANGOLD!

Zee-Row

Banned
Wolverine died for me when the comics made him like Cell where you had to destroy all of his DNA in order to kill him. In the old comics Wolverine could still die if his injuries were too bad.

Nizz

Seriously, you look at the alternate versions of scenes on the DVD, and you realize that Ratner made literally every wrong decision possible.
I just watched a bunch of those scenes and while I thought Ratner made some good calls (Beast reciting Shakespeare came off awkward) so many other scenes would have been better off in the movie. Wolverine returning to Canada would have been a great ending.

Rogue returning to the school as herself was also way better than her giving her powers up.

jrDev

Another Wolverine movie? Where are the rest of the "Origins" stories that were planned?

PS every xmen movie after X2 sucked, and yes, even the yawn inducing First Class. Maybe Avengers ruined it for me since I waited for First Class Bluray.

Since taking on the role in 2000, Jackman has wanted to film this particular story because he loved the idea of Wolverine as a tragic hero. Plus the fact that the character is the opposite of Japanese culture, not being one for tradition or rules, set up a great juxtaposition.

The fuck? He really needs to read the first four issues of Wolverine by Claremont and Miller.

overcast

I feel like Jackman should be in so many movies, dude is such a good actor. Kind of wonder if they should eventually re-cast Wolverine though. He's perfect for it, but damn this shit is muddled to hell and back.

Cool posters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom