• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

first "Next-Gen" Fallout, 3 screen-shots

keraj37

I took 3 screenshots on my XSX, just before upgrading.
Then I took 3 screenshots just after installing the upgrade, more less in same spot
Top: XBox one version, Bottom: XSX (Performance off, so it means Quality mode, i Guess?)

kixBPl2.jpeg

1M7ygvl.jpeg

cnBuVDc.jpeg

4zExVzO.jpeg

nZR6kPq.jpeg

JB91A5i.jpeg

Honestly I am not sure what to say, I only see upgrade in AO quality and even in Quality mode it seems it is 60FPS, that is all. But I may miss something or do wrong here.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Because it is 30 FPS, unless you have a 120hz TV.

Seems like a bummer update. Gonna try to keep my version un-updated as long as possible cause I already get 4K/60 with Ultra equivalent settings there.
Can you use the 60 FPS mod with the Quality mode of the new update ?
Thus keeping it with the new ultra setting but unlocked to 60.

I see a pretty clear difference in lighting quality and shadows. It’s pretty obvious. I’m not sure why y’all aren’t seeing it.

So this is interesting.

Quality Mode is running at 40fps (at least I think.. It's smoother than 30 for sure)
Performance mode is 60fps

I'm seeing that quality mode is looking sharper on my display. Shame that there's no HDR support though, that would have been a nice touch.

Last edited:

Rosoboy19

Neo Member
Yeah, this new version removed the Series X enhancements like Auto HDR. I can’t tell a difference in frame rate right off between Performance mode “On” or “Off”. They both look 60.

Hugare

Imagine expecting much from a free next gen patch made by Bethesda

At least they've increased shadow quality and AO. I was expecting a bump to 4K and an unstable 60 FPS mode.

Shin-Ra

Properly SSD-optimised games usually see an install size reduction as there’s less asset replication used to reduce HDD read seek delays. That assumes the game was HDD-optimised in the first place and nothing’s actually been uprez’d of course.

On top of that potential for more efficient texture and audio asset compression on newer platforms.

Top Bottom