• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Pics of Tomb Raider movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Looking good

C77-RoGVUAAML_D.jpg

C77-RoLU8AAcJ4b.jpg

tbm24

From that first photo, I'm fully expecting an epic climbing scene likely dodging flaming airplane parts.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That bandage on the exterior of her pants will deifinitely save her from gangrene.

Unless it''s a tourniquet in which case the casual binding will definitely secure her femoral artery.

At least she sort of looks practical outside of her bandages.

I had no idea that this was being made or that Vikander was cast as Tomb Lady. Hope it turns out better than every other game-to-film attempt.

Ninjimbo

Alicia Vikander is nice, but I'm still not sure about this casting. She doesn't look like the Lara from TR2013. Oh well. I would have to see her actually act to come to any sort of real conclusion.

When is this movie supposed to be out?

What a miscast ...

She's an attractive european brunette. What else do you need to nail with Lara? It's based off the rebooted version of the character, and they seem to have nailed that look.

I'm also fairly sure that Vikander is a more talented actress than a lot of the alternative suggestions that'll probably pop up in this thread.

louiedog

I still can't believe they cast an oscar winning actress to play a role instead of someone who looks 100% like the character model. What were they thinking?!

Volimar

She's an attractive, British, brunette. What else do you need to nail with Lara? It's based off the rebooted version of the character, and they seem to have nailed that look.

I'm also fairly sure that Vikander is a more talented actress than a lot of the alternative suggestions that'll probably pop up in this thread.

Idris Elba only acceptable alternative.

x-Lundz-x

Looking great, I have high hopes for this considering the rebooted game series is amazing. I'll watch anything with Alicia in it, she is incredible.

btags

I saw the first pic and sort of thought it was Emilia Clarke due to the low resolution. I was super glad that it was not her when I got to the second pic.

That piece of driftwood she is brandishing in the 2nd pic does not look like the kind of weapon a seasoned survivalist would use to fend off a beach vagrant.

Ridley327

I like Vikander I hope this doesn't kill her career.

She's an Oscar-winning actress that already has been doing steady and critically acclaimed work, and she's going out with Michael Fassbender. She'll continue to be fine, even if this turns out to be yet another video game movie.

That piece of driftwood she is brandishing in the 2nd pic does not look like the kind of weapon a seasoned survivalist would use to fend off a beach vagrant.

Well if it is, in fact, based on TR2013 (which everything points to that being correct) then she's the opposite of a seasoned survivalist at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom