• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behind the scenes images of Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft from Tomb Raider Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
C3_1bvsWIAE7ljA.jpg

C3_1bv5WMAEgcFo.jpg

C3_1bwJWQAASZDl.jpg

C3_1bwpWYAA11iy.jpg

Not sure if this should be in gaming or off topic. hmmmm.

Toki767

I hope it's not based on the reboot.

She's going to go from innocent to cold hearted killer in 15 minutes if it is.

Theorry

Any idea of the story?

"Lara Croft sets out on her first expedition to finish her father's archaeological research and uncover ancient secrets in order to clear his disgraced name. Tragedy hits when her adventure turns into a fight for survival."

Peru

Even if you're not hot on the reboot games' writing, if you prefer the old barbie doll character you're crazy. This is a 1000 times more interesting foundation. Now whether the movie script is good or not is a totally separate question, of course.

She looks fantastic, as a fan of the franchise since the beginning but someone who doesn't like Jolie, I really can't wait for this.

Sendero

C3_1bwpWYAA11iy.jpg

Likely it's the angle, but for some reason she looks unhealthily thin in this picture.

Wonder if the story going to be based on the latest games (of which I'm not particularly fond of).

Sulik2

Hopefully she has a more consistent accent in this movie then whatever it was she was going for in Jason Bourne.

"Lara Croft sets out on her first expedition to finish her father's archaeological research and uncover ancient secrets in order to clear his disgraced name. Tragedy hits when her adventure turns into a fight for survival."

Sounds like they're adapting the first game.
Hope they do a better job than the game.

NeoRaider

RUBIJtR.jpg

8yLkqhd.jpg

dtRXgjz.jpg

lKTD0xG.jpg

XyajRWo.jpg

moUySIq.jpg

tumblr_nh9zuvl5T91u1tpzio1_500.jpg

Looking great and better than what i expected. She does look like reboot Lara a lot.
I have good feeling about this now.

Edit: OK links fixed.

shandy706

Loved her in Ex Machina. She looks a little bit thin here though (compared to Lara), especially her legs.

She's not physically built like old-school Lara at all, but I always give a movie a chance. The "body" of the actress doesn't make a movie good or bad.

Shame that it confirms its based on the far worse reboot version of the character, but hopefully they can do a better job of it than the games.

I mean as long as it stay the hell away from any 'daddy issues' it'd be an improvement, and it's physically impossible to be worse in the role than the current voice actress, so I'm holding onto some hope.

I can't tell if you just made that up or it's actually the plot because in those sentences it seems very simple and generic.

Then again it's a video game film.

Even if you're not hot on the reboot games' writing, if you prefer the old barbie doll character you're crazy. This is a 1000 times more interesting foundation. Now whether the movie script is good or not is a totally separate question, of course.

Reboot Lara - with her limited competence and propensity for injury - fits a movie better because she will have an arc (of sorts) and will struggle to succeed. Old Lara was hyper-competent, so there was less they could do when they made those movies; she was a quintessential video game character (and a better one than the reboot's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom