• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behind the scenes images of Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft from Tomb Raider Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
There is no curse.

Mortal Kombat 1
Resident Evil 1
Silent Hill 1
Tomb Raider 1

All decent/good films.

They're basing the reboot of the terrible reboots... Tomb Raider really is a beaten horse at this point. What happened to the classic Lara AKA best female character in a game?

I like Vikander and it's such a shame she's wasting her time with this. I really like her acting and this will probably have none.

Being based on the shitty 2013 game is the cherry on top.

shandy706

Do you guys think we'll ever have a thread about an actress starring in a film that doesn't devolve into discussions of her body?

No?

Ok...

I've not been in any threads like that, I don't think...but I can understand it with the subject matter in this case.

You sort of have this long history with the "idea" of what Lara looks like. There's nothing wrong with changing that idea, but one has to expect it to be there.

I think this actress matches the newer look of Lara from the game reboots though. Joli was a great choice for old-school Lara....but I'm also a bit of a fan of hers too, lol.

Being based on the shitty 2013 game is the cherry on top.

The new Tomb Raider was a good game though. The majority and critics/reviewers thought the same.

I really hope this movie turns out well. Alicia is a fantastic actress and the Tomb Raider reboot features my favorite version of Lara Croft. High hopes!

Strange how suddenly the rebooted games are perceived as terrible.
It's also really amazing how the sudden shift in GAF's opinion on the new series just coincidentally happened at the same time at RoTR being announced as a timed Microsoft exclusive. Super wierd how those two totally unrelated events just happened to coincide like that.

I've not been in any threads like that, I don't think...but I can understand it with the subject matter in this case.

You sort of have this long history with the "idea" of what Lara looks like. There's nothing wrong with changing that idea, but one has to expect it to be there.

I think this actress matches the newer look of Lara from the game reboots though. Joli was a great choice for old-school Lara....but I'm also a bit of a fan of hers too, lol.

Whenever an actress is playing the role of an established character it always devolves into her face, breast, body, ass, and age. When a dude gets a role as long as he looks confident in it we have no problem. They can be way off but we'll give them a chance without question. We put way too much pressure on actresses to look perfect.

jond76

Banned
I would love to see the island story. Judging by her outfit... is that what they are doing? Good initial vibes!

Yeah, I forgot that classic Lara was always known for her large muscles.

Oh wait.

classic1.jpg

Performance matters much more than physical appearance, and I'm sure Vikander will do just great.

I'm not particularly interested in Tomb Raider anything, but Vikander has been great in everything I've seen her in so I hope this continues that trend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom