• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behind the scenes images of Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft from Tomb Raider Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are trashing the movie based on pictures that hint towards a faithful adaptation of a horribly written video game.
Are visible script pages lurking in these photos and I just missed them somehow?

Being pessimistic is fine, and probably smart because it's a movie of a video game. But the level of over-reading into things from some of you is hilarious. All we know from these photos is at one point in the film she has a similar costume as reboot Lara and is on a wrecked plane.

There is nothing to actually suggest it's going to be a "faithful adaptation," nothing. Hell, they could announce they were just modifying the script of the actual game and that still wouldn't mean much, because smart revision, elaboration, and editing can work wonders on a story. You can completely transform what a film's about after production purely through editing. (See Brazil.)

But none of that really matters, because there's nothing in these pictures to suggest it's a faithful adaptation.

Sande

But none of that really matters, because there's nothing in these pictures to suggest it's a faithful adaptation.
Everything about those images screams TR2013. Of course that doesn't conclusively say much about the adaptation, but the connection is there.

If people aren't allowed to speculate based on these images then might as well lock the thread.

The movie will probably suck but she looks good. I'll probably watch it anyway. The Angelina Jolie TR films were shit and I still tolerated them because I'm a fan of Lara.

Pacotez

Even if you're not hot on the reboot games' writing, if you prefer the old barbie doll character you're crazy. This is a 1000 times more interesting foundation. Now whether the movie script is good or not is a totally separate question, of course.

Old Lara barbie doll? The new one is the barbie doll

Yeah, the one where Lara is actually a character

mXyupD1.gif

Alicia Vikander, why does that name ring me a bell while I really don't know her from what she did?

She did Ex Machina, won an Oscar for The Danish Girl.

"Lara Croft sets out on her first expedition to finish her father's archaeological research and uncover ancient secrets in order to clear his disgraced name. Tragedy hits when her adventure turns into a fight for survival."

yep. it's 2017, & there is no other lara croft story than this :) ...

Everything about those images screams TR2013. Of course that doesn't conclusively say much about the adaptation, but the connection is there.

If people aren't allowed to speculate based on these images then might as well lock the thread.

People are allowed to speculate, and other people are allowed to poke holes on those speculations.

Arklite

TR '13 was a secret Rambo game. I'd be psyched for a female Rambo film. We're probably getting a melodramatic retelling of Yamatai.

At least with a film they can avoid the dissonance of having a character who is hesitant and shocked by killing being controlled by a player who is popping headshots left, right, and centre.

jelly

Apart from the high heels, looking good. I do like the reboot style, the story, characters not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom