• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fishes Play Street Fighter II

Kade

http://www.twitch.tv/fishplaystreetfighter
zjnuxjespw5zxunkfgsb.png

Dreavus

This is kind of like saltybet, but less exciting.

Is this the same streamer who tried fish plays pokemon or someone else?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
How does this work? Does someone just looks at the fish and plays out their actions?

From the site.

Similarly to FishPlaysPokemon, I have virtually segmented my fish tank into 9 parts (3 by 3).

Depending on which part of the tank a fish is in, it will send a different key press to the game. Aquarius sends key presses for Player 1, and Robert the Bruce sends key presses for Player 2.

As for the actual code used for color detection and key sending, I do all of it using AutoIt and some shoddy code I cooked up over the course of a few days.

Points of Interest:
There is a tiny delay between one player pressing their key and the other one. To compensate, a player is chosen at random each loop to be the first to press their key, so it balances out.
A fish can send multiple key presses at the same time if it is in multiple screen regions when the check is made.
Movement with the up/down/left/right arrows is evaluated first, and then the other key presses are sent. This allows for more combos to potentially happen (direction press + punch to throw).
Key presses in menus are handled slightly differently to ensure that the game continues smoothly.

lazygecko

This is way more exciting than I anticipated

... and I cannot unhear how awfully out of tune Balrog's music is in the SNES version.

Pepboy

Watched a 3 round match, surprisingly short and pretty intense at points. I think this will have much longer legs than FishPlaysPokemon, as that's going to be boring for many after 20 minutes of running back and forth. Can easily change characters or versions if it gets stale.

Top Bottom