• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT3| BroScience, Protein Dysentery, XXL Calf Implants, and Squat Rack Hogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
As if I need another example about the power of nutrition I offer this short story. So I consumed a lot of calories this holiday weekend. I plumped up quite a bit and it's noticeable. Got to the gym and everything felt light. Picking up a 80lb DB was as easy as a 50 pounder last week. My usual finishing weight for front raises are 45lb DB's but tonight I hit 6 and decided to try 50's for a few. Ended up getting 4 with very good form. Little to no rocking.

I started off with shoulder press. My finishing weight lately has fallen to 165 for 3 or 4 reps. Well today I got 5 at 180. That's a huge jump for a 7 day period. Crazy.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My gym has been so packed as of late I've been having trouble getting done what I have scheduled. It makes me nervous because I'm looking to put power cleans back into my routine starting tomorrow. I was squatting last night and a guy walks across my line of sight literally two feet in front of me. Usually it doesn't bother me but he was just there to socialize and my back is still not perfect so I need complete concentration during the sets.

My strength is almost all the way back to it's peak. I had strained my left trap (I don't even know how) and was knocked out of commission for about 6 weeks. I couldn't even do a pushup. All I could do was run.

Also, was anyone as foolish as I was in NYC last night and ran outside? Brutal. Had to quit after 2 miles.

Cooter said:
As if I need another example about the power of nutrition I offer this short story. So I consumed a lot of calories this holiday weekend. I plumped up quite a bit and it's noticeable. Got to the gym and everything felt light. Picking up a 80lb DB was as easy as a 50 pounder last week. My usual finishing weight for front raises are 45lb DB's but tonight I hit 6 and decided to try 50's for a few. Ended up getting 4 with very good form. Little to no rocking.

I started off with shoulder press. My finishing weight lately has fallen to 165 for 3 or 4 reps. Well today I got 5 at 180. That's a huge jump for a 7 day period. Crazy.

I feel you. I just came back from a week vacation and while pushing weight was still hard, it felt a lot lighter. Shows that resting and eating a fair amount can help you out in the long run.

I did close-grip bench for the first time yesterday. I liked it a lot. Gonna have to add that to my arm days.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
But how long do you use it for? A week I can see, anything past that it'd fuck me up. God, even one day would be enough to turn me away. I'd think moderation should be kept in mind for any diet. I'm a hardgainer with a superfast metabolism and sensitive skin, yet I'm able to slowly add the pounds with the right foods.

Anywhere from 1-3 months. I usually gain about 20 pounds in 2-3 months, some of it fat, some muscle, and a lot of strength. I was a "hardgainer" until I started drinking lots of milk, usually stuck around 150-160 lbs.

MjFrancis said:
Nice OP Mr. Snrub. The MadCow's 5x5 link is down, but it's a Geocities link, so there is that. A solid addition to that links section may be separate links to the StrongLifts 5x5 website sidebar, where they discuss the basics of Stonglifts 5x5, MadCow 5x5, Jim Wendler's 5/3/1, Smolov and The Texas Method on different pages. I wrote up a small 5/3/1 guide, but it was rudimentary and redundant so I didn't even feel the need to bring it up before now. All you need for 5/3/1 is How To Build Pure Strength, the Black Iron Beast 5/3/1 Calculator, and the 52 Most Common 5/3/1 Questions. All of these supplement and almost completely replace the original book, so those three links could be helpful in the intermediate workouts section. The above links would nicely compliment the OP if you wouldn't mind putting them in there and if other regulars in this thread wouldn't mind having them there.

Thank Francis, and others for the kind words on the OP. I haven't had as much time to tend to it as I'd like, but I'd be happy to make additions from other gaffers.

My own lifting has been super inconsistent the past three weeks. My girlfriend moved abroad for an internship, and I broke my toe at Six Flags, injured my back while deadlifting (100% my fault), and hurt my shoulder while squatting (UPPER BODY FLEXIBILITY IS IMPORTANT). Going back today but feeling taped together, ahah.

Mr. Snrub said:
hurt my shoulder while squatting (UPPER BODY FLEXIBILITY IS IMPORTANT). Going back today but feeling taped together, ahah.
Ya, I really need to get a broomstick, especially since I'm warming up with front squats. I'm pretty flexible if I stretch daily, but I didn't stretch or do my foam roller all weekend and I'm so tight right now. I don't even want to stretch now, but I have to or my back injury symptoms will come back.

parrotbeak said:
Ya, I really need to get a broomstick, especially since I'm warming up with front squats. I'm pretty flexible if I stretch daily, but I didn't stretch or do my foam roller all weekend and I'm so tight right now. I don't even want to stretch now, but I have to or my back injury symptoms will come back.

Yeah, I'm going to start regularly doing shoulder dislocations at home. My lordosis has been getting worse as well, it seems, so I am sort of doing home rehab for that.

Enco

Somehow hurt me knee when squatting. I think it was down to my knees going to far forward (was trying a diff technique).

Was going to cancel my squat workout today but my knee isn't too bad and I'll see how the warm up goes.

I can't go up in weight though as I need to buy some more discs (home gym). They should arrive in time for my next workout though.

When you get your squat form right squats are awesome.

MjFrancis

Mr. Snrub said:
Thank Francis, and others for the kind words on the OP. I haven't had as much time to tend to it as I'd like, but I'd be happy to make additions from other gaffers.
Anytime, it's a good OP and I was happy to contribute. At the same time, I only sent links you way because I feel the best contribution to that at this time is minimalism. Less is more.

Mr. Snrub said:
My own lifting has been super inconsistent the past three weeks. My girlfriend moved abroad for an internship, and I broke my toe at Six Flags, injured my back while deadlifting (100% my fault), and hurt my shoulder while squatting (UPPER BODY FLEXIBILITY IS IMPORTANT). Going back today but feeling taped together, ahah.
Ouch, I hope you're able to recover shortly. I've never hurt my back deadlifting, and really aside from some wrist pain shortly after starting out, I've never really hurt myself lifting. I hesitate to say it, but I haven't hurt myself yet.

Yesterday the gym was much quieter than Memorial Day. Eight souls on the floor, all nice enough to keep the squat racks open for me. I guess there isn't going to be a summer rush in the early afternoon! It was deadlift day, but still, I have to take up one of the squat racks as there aren't any extra bars that aren't curl bars. I've still only had to have someone work in sets with me once in the past nine months, though, so I never feel like a squat rack hog.

Mr. Snrub said:

QFT.

I had to take a couple months off due to poor upper back posture while lifting which deffinately strained something.

Shoulder dislocations did wonders for me. Basically at 100% now.
Keep those shoulder blades squeezed together! shoulders back!

X-Frame

When you all speak about shoulder dislocations are you talking about the DoggCrapp towel /broomstick stretch where you lift it over your head and behind your back?

I've had 2 surgeries on my right shoulder. First for dislocating it about 20 times and the second tearing the biceps tendon at the joint. I did these after my first surgery but never really noticed differences. Now, I'm worried it would make it worse.

I've started other mobility drills for my shoulders to improve joint ROM and scapulae mobility that seem to help.

Shine your wisdom upon me, Fitness-Gaf.

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 127 lbs
Goal: Gain weight, but lose some body fat. I want to get to up to 135 before I head back to the dorms this fall, so I'm looking at putting on 8 pounds of mostly muscle if that's even possible.
Current Training Schedule: Day 1 - pull(bent over row, pull ups, curls, etc.)| Day 2 - push(bench press, dips, overhead press, etc.)| Day 3 - legs(squats, deadlifts, leg press, etc.) | Day 4,5 - rest from weightlifting. Then repeat.
Current Training Equipment Available: My local gym.
Comments: My training schedule's pretty extensive (figure listing the whole thing would be too long a read), and I've gained about 3 pounds from it so far. I was just hoping to get some some advice on cardio and dieting. I've never liked running long distances but if I want to get into parkour I've got no choice, however if you guys have any more systematic approaches than "Just run and don't stop" lay 'em on me.

Right now, I usually eat rice for dinner everynight; it's really a staple food in my household. I've managed to limit junk food and soft drinks though. I'd say that I break down maybe once or twice a week simply because I'm hanging out with friends or rushing to school. What foods should I avoid? Which ones should I stock up on?

Thanks in advance.

X-Frame said:
When you all speak about shoulder dislocations are you talking about the DoggCrapp towel /broomstick stretch where you lift it over your head and behind your back?

I've had 2 surgeries on my right shoulder. First for dislocating it about 20 times and the second tearing the biceps tendon at the joint. I did these after my first surgery but never really noticed differences. Now, I'm worried it would make it worse.

I've started other mobility drills for my shoulders to improve joint ROM and scapulae mobility that seem to help.

Thats what I'm talking about. Given your specific case, I can't really give you advice, other than talk to your doctor or a physiotherapist. For me it made a world of difference for upper back posture.

I dislocated my shoulder about 10 days ago playing basketball. It wasn't too bad, and I have full range of motion, but it is still giving me pain. It sounds like some of you guys have had this happen before, how long did you have to wait before you could get back to lifting? also, is there anything I could be doing to speed things along? I was finally getting back into a pretty good groove and I don't want to lose all that momentum if I can help it.

Enco

sebajuNujabes said:
Shine your wisdom upon me, Fitness-Gaf.

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 127 lbs
Goal: Gain weight, but lose some body fat. I want to get to up to 135 before I head back to the dorms this fall, so I'm looking at putting on 8 pounds of mostly muscle if that's even possible.
Current Training Schedule: Day 1 - pull(bent over row, pull ups, curls, etc.)| Day 2 - push(bench press, dips, overhead press, etc.)| Day 3 - legs(squats, deadlifts, leg press, etc.) | Day 4,5 - rest from weightlifting. Then repeat.
Current Training Equipment Available: My local gym.
Comments: My training schedule's pretty extensive (figure listing the whole thing would be too long a read), and I've gained about 3 pounds from it so far. I was just hoping to get some some advice on cardio and dieting. I've never liked running long distances but if I want to get into parkour I've got no choice, however if you guys have any more systematic approaches than "Just run and don't stop" lay 'em on me.

Right now, I usually eat rice for dinner everynight; it's really a staple food in my household. I've managed to limit junk food and soft drinks though. I'd say that I break down maybe once or twice a week simply because I'm hanging out with friends or rushing to school. What foods should I avoid? Which ones should I stock up on?

Thanks in advance.
Have:
Oats
Tuna
Vegetables
Milk (see below)
PB (See below)
Chicken/turkey
Beef/lamb
Eggs

Don't Have:
Soda/fizzy drinks
Fruit drinks (loads of sugar)
Chips/crisps/fries
Bread (in excess)

How much fat do you think you have? You don't weight very much right now and you're very likely to put on fat unless if you go the long and slow route of clean bulking (eat plenty but don't go overboard and stick with the staple healthy foods). Putting on 8lb of muscle isn't easy.

If you wanna get stronger and don't care about putting on some fat, have plenty of PB and Milk. Lots of protein and calories.

edit: Oh and if you run long distance you have to be very careful as it can be detrimental to muscle building. What are your lifts like at the moment? The best option may be clean bulking to a certain extent and then starting cardio once you have a good strong base.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Can someone post a write-up for these shoulder dislocations? I feel like I definitely need help with those.

I don't have any pain or flexibility issues with my shoulders when working out, but the right side of my neck/shoulder has been a bother for months now, either due to being a web developer and sitting all day, sleeping awkwardly, or playing guitar. The left side of my neck/shoulder feels fine though.

Kozak

Banned
Yo guys. I'm looking to lose a bit of weight.

Clen.

Good or bad?

I'm only looking to drop around 5-10kgs and the fitness I do is pretty much indoor soccer, soccer, and refereeing soccer games.

Will it work?

Enco

reilo said:
Can someone post a write-up for these shoulder dislocations? I feel like I definitely need help with those.

I don't have any pain or flexibility issues with my shoulders when working out, but the right side of my neck/shoulder has been a bother for months now, either due to being a web developer and sitting all day, sleeping awkwardly, or playing guitar. The left side of my neck/shoulder feels fine though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33P5AI27eiU

Do them very slowly to start with. Don't even try doing them that quickly.

joeblackisback said:
I dislocated my shoulder about 10 days ago playing basketball. It wasn't too bad, and I have full range of motion, but it is still giving me pain. It sounds like some of you guys have had this happen before, how long did you have to wait before you could get back to lifting? also, is there anything I could be doing to speed things along? I was finally getting back into a pretty good groove and I don't want to lose all that momentum if I can help it.
Haven't had any experience with that but I would take it slowly. After a week or two you can maybe try lifting some very light weights and seeing how that goes. If it goes well you can stick with it for a while and then decide whether or not you are ready to move up.

MjFrancis

Kozak said:

Clen.

Good or bad?

I'm only looking to drop around 5-10kgs and the fitness I do is pretty much indoor soccer, soccer, and refereeing soccer games.

Will it work?

Will it work? From everything I've read, yes Probably not for your purposes. I've researched it, and I hope you can talk to someone who has also taken it as a fat-loss thermogenic because I've never taken clenbuterol and don't plan on it. You can lose fat in other ways and I would suggest those instead. You should be able to come up with other ways or use other thermogenics to get the job done.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cant stress how important Pullups are before EVERY workout... I do it every workout and shoulder shrugs after every workout.. ABS everyother day and your workouts will get that much more in the results department. Ask away if you want to get on my routine

Enco

Kozak said:

Clen.

Good or bad?

Will it work?
I don't see why you need to use anything like that.

You play soccer. You should be fine with losing weight. Just quit eating rubbish and clean up your diet. You can also cut down on the amount you eat if you eat a lot.

Enco

reilo said:
Damn, that's fucking intense. Thanks for the video. I'll get a bar of some sort and do them slowly along with some dumbbells for doing Single-Arm External Rotations.
There's a link to a written guide in the description.

Don't use anything heavy! Stick with a broom or any other light stick or pole.

MjFrancis

Enco said:
I don't see why you need to use anything like that.

You play soccer. You should be fine with losing weight. Just quit eating rubbish and clean up your diet. You can also cut down on the amount you eat if you eat a lot.
I'll also add that anecdotal descriptions often claim that clen only lasts two or so weeks before the body adapts and it stops working. Kozak has more weight than that to lose. Plus if Kozak plays in any sort of organized soccer league, his competitors might not look kindly upon this at all.

Eat less. Do more. It'll work.

reilo

MjFrancis said:
I'll also add that anecdotal descriptions often claim that clen only lasts two or so weeks before the body adapts and it stops working. Kozak has more weight than that to lose. Plus if Kozak plays in any sort of organized soccer league, his competitors might not look kindly upon this at all.

I think the best advice to give is that "there is no shortcut to weight loss, weight gain, or strength gain". Not to turn this into that kind of debate, as I'd be naive to ultimately believe that there aren't those types of shortcut, but the legality, cost and benefit of them are all highly debatable if not at least controversial.

Sometimes, you just have to work hard. Some people have to work harder than others to achieve the same results due to a multitude of factors (age, genetics, time, money), but many (if not all) goals are achievable through hard work.

Kozak

Banned
MjFrancis said:

Just wondering, how much weight would I lose over the 2 weeks that Clen would actually have effect? I'm at about 87kgs at 6 feet currently.

MjFrancis

I've never used it myself, as I stated, so I can't answer that with much authority. I don't even know your BMR, your training history, your BF%, etc, etc. If you can't research it and make a personal cost/benefit analysis, I'm inclined to side with reilo and just say forget about it altogether. Forget about any validity in clen's usefulness, because it doesn't have any for you. Put in the work and eat at a 500 or so caloric deficit from your BMR and you'll see weekly results. You want some fat loss tricks? Look up intermittent fasting and Lean Gains. Research the stuff on Lyle McDonald's website.

Here's his pages on fat loss: Body Recomposition | Fat Loss

Enco said:
There's a link to a written guide in the description.

Don't use anything heavy! Stick with a broom or any other light stick or pole.
Yup, a broomstick or towel is good, nothing heavier. Also it's much easier with a wide grip and gets a lot harder as you move your grip in, so don't get overconfident with your flexibility and try at the same speed while moving your grip in.

how accurate do you think the body fat percentage calculators are? specifically, the one i used today at a health fair at work was the one where you grab the mini steering wheel and cover the electronic sensors with your hands. got my results and was not happy :(

ShaneB

kevo_huevo said:
how accurate do you think the body fat percentage calculators are? specifically, the one i used today at a health fair at work was the one where you grab the mini steering wheel and cover the electronic sensors with your hands. got my results and was not happy :(

I'm baffled in thinking how that would even calculate bf% info that way.

It seems like there's a bunch of different ways to get bf%, so I'm just as confused as anyone else is.

The fancy scale at my gym says I'm around 11.5%, but who the hell knows.

MjFrancis

Incredibly inaccurate. Wildly inaccurate, even. Tim Ferris took a multitude of BF tests in a 24-hour period and got results between 7% and 16%. At 16% your abs will likely be an outline if visible at all and at 7% you would be ripped to shreds.

I like the mirror best.

I continue to weigh about the same, a bit heavier after the weekend, but I need a new belt. Been on the closest notch all year and my pants are sagging again.

Still a long way from being proud to take my shirt off at the beach, but that's never stopped me before.

Malleymal said:
Cant stress how important Pullups are before EVERY workout... I do it every workout and shoulder shrugs after every workout.. ABS everyother day and your workouts will get that much more in the results department. Ask away if you want to get on my routine

I think I'm going to try to do 25 pullups throughout the day. Doesn't matter how many I get in a row or how many sets. As long as I get 25, I will be good.

Alternate them with chinups and see what happens.

X-Frame

On the topic of BF%, does anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase skin calipers?

Checking Amazon now I see a few high rated products but figured I'd ask.

FallingEdge said:
I think I'm going to try to do 25 pullups throughout the day. Doesn't matter how many I get in a row or how many sets. As long as I get 25, I will be good.

Aim higher, as in 50.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FallingEdge said:

That's how you start it out man... you will slowly add on to it as you get used to it. I used to have my boy just hang from the bar when he couldnt do one, and then slowly he was up at about 20 in a row.

I do about 100 before I start my workout (2 sets at 50 reps) and its the best warmup I have ever had.. It makes the rest of my workout that much easier. I do 4 different grips throughout the 50 reps to target different parts of my body.

Cooter

Malleymal said:
That's how you start it out man... you will slowly add on to it as you get used to it. I used to have my boy just hang from the bar when he couldnt do one, and then slowly he was up at about 20 in a row.

I do about 100 before I start my workout (2 sets at 50 reps) and its the best warmup I have ever had.. It makes the rest of my workout that much easier. I do 4 different grips throughout the 50 reps to target different parts of my body.
You're doing 50 straight pull ups twice before working out? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone doing 50 straight let alone 2 sets of fifty. You should be able to add at least 2 plates if you can do 2 sets of fifty. That's insane.

Edit: Although rereading your post it sounds like you are changing grips so maybe they are not 50 straight.

Wellington said:
My gym has been so packed as of late I've been having trouble getting done what I have scheduled. It makes me nervous because I'm looking to put power cleans back into my routine starting tomorrow. I was squatting last night and a guy walks across my line of sight literally two feet in front of me. Usually it doesn't bother me but he was just there to socialize and my back is still not perfect so I need complete concentration during the sets.
Ya, same here. I guess it's last minute summer body season? I better be able to do squats tomorrow. I did RDL 4x5 and then leg presses, feel pretty decent actually. I was going to do 5x5 but back was starting to feel weak and I didn't want to take any chances since I don't do RDL normally.

I'm used to guys standing right in front of me during squats, although I avoid walking in front of people when they squat. I don't think they know any better.

reilo

Just got back from my lunchhour workout, and eventhough I had my usual pre-workout meal, I felt hungry by the time I got the gym. And when I feel hungry, I don't feel as strong.

Regardless, I pushed through and continued to progress on my workout (more reps done for my chin-ups than last session, more weight added for my squats and bench press). Still though, I didn't feel as focused or energized doing my routine.

I also saw for the first time a person doing squats at or below parallel at my gym. It just happened to be a woman that had the body of an Olympic sprinter.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cooter said:
You're doing 50 straight pull ups twice before working out? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone doing 50 straight let alone 2 sets of fifty. You should be able to add at least 2 plates if you can do 2 sets of fifty. That's insane.

Edit: Although rereading your post it sounds like you are changing grips so maybe they are not 50 straight.

yea I change between 4 grips first 10 wide grip pulling up to behind my neck and with out letting go I tilt my head back and do a wide grip to my chest. After that I drop and turn around to grip the sideway bars and pull up 15 times with a closer grip and then I change my grip to the closest bars and do 15 of those... then I take a water break stretch and do it again. its tough as hell but I only go hard since I try to keep my body a certain way

reilo

Zoi Greek Yogurt is the shit. It's not tart and it doesn't leave a bitter taste afterwards like other greek yogurts. Although, for those that care about sugar content, I must warn you that it has a ton of sugar per serving.

_Isaac

From the OP:
43o0A.gif

This is kinda cool. I don't think I ever see people do leg raises all the way up like that. I usually only see legs go parallel to the ground.

Karak

Kozak said:

Clen.

Good or bad?

Will it work?

Sure. Clen is pretty powerful, though its not DNP, its nothing to shake a stick at. I took it when I couldn't drop more weight and was having issues getting to what I needed to get to.

It worked however, I did get the "clen" headache. Worst headache I have ever had in my life. NOT fun. It was one time out of maybe 30 total days taking it but it ALMOST made me regret the entire time of taking it.

As with everyone else I say try everything you can before moving to anything outside of food and workouts. As age crept up on me I noticed that I need to augment
For me I found that Yellow Haze works, also I had good results with a couple cutting pro-hormones, but those are an order of magnitude past what you want to get into.

Cooter said:
As if I need another example about the power of nutrition I offer this short story. So I consumed a lot of calories this holiday weekend. I plumped up quite a bit and it's noticeable. Got to the gym and everything felt light.

When you say a lot of calories, was it just a greater quantity of your usual foods, or did you treat yourself?

MjFrancis said:
Anytime, it's a good OP and I was happy to contribute. At the same time, I only sent links you way because I feel the best contribution to that at this time is minimalism. Less is more.

Ouch, I hope you're able to recover shortly. I've never hurt my back deadlifting, and really aside from some wrist pain shortly after starting out, I've never really hurt myself lifting. I hesitate to say it, but I haven't hurt myself yet.

I had never really hurt myself lifting, but my neglect brought it upon me! Not stretching consistently for years...it catches up to you but good.

TheRagnCajun said:
Shoulder dislocations did wonders for me. Basically at 100% now.
Keep those shoulder blades squeezed together! shoulders back!

Yup! Gonna start doing them every other day now.

Cooter

ipukespiders said:
When you say a lot of calories, was it just a greater quantity of your usual foods, or did you treat yourself?

I mean full blown eat anything I want mode. We're talking ice cream, pie, hamburgers, hot dogs and anything else I could find.

Enco said:
How much fat do you think you have? You don't weight very much right now and you're very likely to put on fat unless if you go the long and slow route of clean bulking (eat plenty but don't go overboard and stick with the staple healthy foods). Putting on 8lb of muscle isn't easy.

If you wanna get stronger and don't care about putting on some fat, have plenty of PB and Milk. Lots of protein and calories.

edit: Oh and if you run long distance you have to be very careful as it can be detrimental to muscle building. What are your lifts like at the moment? The best option may be clean bulking to a certain extent and then starting cardio once you have a good strong base.
I haven't measured but I want to say I'm around the 14-15 % area. I know I don't weigh too much but I'm trying to avoid putting on more fat unless I have to. My lifting is in 3 sets of 8 and I add more weight every time I feel the eighth one is too easy; that usually happens every third time I work a muscle group. I'll take your advice and stick to trying to gaining first; then, I'll do harder cardio for cleaning house. Thanks.

Height: 5'6/7
Weight: 135 (guess)
Goal: Lose a bit of fat, gain muscle/definition
Current Training Equipment Available: School gym
Comments:

Hey guys, I'm looking to lose like 10 lbs or so of fat (mostly around my midsection - I'm a bit flabby) and gain a bit of muscle/definition. I'm about 5'6, 135 lbs. (a guess, I haven't weighed myself recently). I used to work out regularly with a trainer but I haven't done so in a while, got lazy and gained some weight from inactivity and bad diet. I'm headed back to the gym starting tomorrow and I will be working out every morning. I have a routine in mind, something like:

30 mins cardio (treadmill or elliptical)
ab workout (crunches, push-ups with medicine ball, bicycle, squats, etc.)
Dumbell Chest Press (3 sets of 10)
Curls (3 sets)
Dumbell Bent Over Rows
Dumbell Deadlift Press
Pulldown Machine (3 sets)

how does this sound? This focuses more on upper-body, so should I alternate between this and a leg-centric workout every day?

Also, in terms of nutrition - I'm totally broke and can't really afford to buy health stuff. What are cheap options/ must-have meals? I'm not much of an eater in general, to be honest. I do have a supplement that I take sometimes (Opti-Men).

Thanks in advance!

MjFrancis

Cooter said:
I mean full blown eat anything I want mode. We're talking ice cream, pie, hamburgers, hot dogs and anything else I could find.
That's the sweet spot. Aesthetics start to slip down the toilet, but none of my lifts ever seem to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom